💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Million Reasons outstreamed The Cure on Spotify

Miaou

Featured Posts

Andreu
19 minutes ago, The Louvre said:

I dunno but in Europe Eurovision receives much more coverage than the Superbowl. Of corse wo completely different musical events, but still.

Also, talent WON

True (I may be biased cause I don't like Eurovision lol) but no stablished acts perform there am I right? Plus as sad as it is, most global artists are from the US

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YourWhiskyMouth

While they both have about equal streams, I’m almost positive that MR was actually streamed by multiple millions of people and The Cure was just a few GGD members streaming it on repeat 300 times a day :laughga:

Andreu
4 minutes ago, YourWhiskyMouth said:

While they both have about equal streams, I’m almost positive that MR was actually streamed by multiple millions of people and The Cure was just a few GGD members streaming it on repeat 300 times a day :laughga:

Lmao so true

Tom Nook
8 minutes ago, YourWhiskyMouth said:

and The Cure was just a few GGD members streaming it on repeat 300 times a day :laughga:

Can confirm I am one of those people when it was released a year ago :laughga:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

DonnieDarko
7 minutes ago, YourWhiskyMouth said:

2 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Lmao so true

Nah. The Cure had much better ww peaks on Spotify, it charted in more countries and it charted higher in those countries. It just shared the fate of other Gaga singles and was abandoned after a couple of weeks of Spotify promo. 

MR on the other hand was almost a non event before SuperBowl on Spotify. It has more organic Spotify growth than The Cure but both songs were streamed by the gp, both for different reasons and on different occassions.

jaXXXon
1 hour ago, Triggered said:

The fact that The Cure had like 5x the support Million Reasons had on spotify and MR still managed to outstream it.

All the potential of a worldwide smash lost :cryga: 

MR had far more promo than The Cure. MR had a video and was performed a million times on TV, including the God damn Super Bowl.

The Cure had some Spotify support for a month and that's it. It's only televised performance came seven months after it came out. That's far more impressive. 

Babel
6 minutes ago, jaXXXon said:

MR had far more promo than The Cure. MR had a video and was performed a million times on TV, including the God damn Super Bowl.

The Cure had some Spotify support for a month and that's it. It's only televised performance came seven months after it came out. That's far more impressive. 

MR was one of the best selling singles in the US in 2017, but its lack of streaming reflects how poorly managed it was there.

On the other hand, The Cure has a trendy sound that’s easily digestible in Spotify and was supported on the biggest playlist of that platform.

Televised performances do nothing for songs nowadays unless it’s the Super Bowl and maybe the Grammys. Streaming services are the future of “promo”.

Andreu
25 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

Nah. The Cure had much better ww peaks on Spotify, it charted in more countries and it charted higher in those countries. It just shared the fate of other Gaga singles and was abandoned after a couple of weeks of Spotify promo. 

MR on the other hand was almost a non event before SuperBowl on Spotify. It has more organic Spotify growth than The Cure but both songs were streamed by the gp, both for different reasons and on different occassions.

True

But i think there's also a big factor: for the first time a Gaga song has been out for a long long time with no video and being on no album. The fact it was on no album boosts the streams among fans, the fact it had no video benefits the Spotify numbers versus the Spotify

RAMROD

:triggered:  streaming prowess with a sad song. Lana better watch out!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Moebius

talent loses either way so

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

Inferno

Well considering its had endless promotion shouldnt it have surpassed it from the get go?

ArtGagaPop

The cure had lots of help from playlists, so when people just had Spotify on shuffle the cure gained lots of streams that way while almost all of MR streams comes from people actually searching for the song to play specific that song. 

So even though MR had lots of peformances it doesn't really give the impact on Spotify, the same way playlists has. So this is still really impressive and shows with the right song and management she could easily have a streaming hit in the future.:applause:

PanPikus

We love both platinum hits :whitney: and both are special in their own way :kara:

Na Wojtusia z popielnika, iskiereczka mruga, chodź opowiem Ci bajeczkę, bajka będzie długa...

InsideOutright

Wasn't MR the only Top 10 song ever to not get put on TTH? And yet TC was on there for weeks and they even had Gaga as the TTH thumbnail for a while. :duck: 

Archived