Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Coachella 2018 discussion / Beychella viewing party

Borislshere

Featured Posts

scallywally

OMG Best performance by anybody in YEARS!! I'm not even what youd call a fan but wow wow wow!!!

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JohnnyVersace

Since there have been about 14 threads (attempting to) drag Queen Bey through the sloppy bottom trenches of GGD, here's a few notes on her unbelievable, show stopping, revolutionary Coachella performance, and her career in general. Users have claimed that Beyonce's Coachella performance was boring, dull, uneventful, lackluster and even racist. She apparently can't dance or sing, just appropriates Egyptian culture and shakes her tits. News to me. 

What I saw on Saturday night was down-right super-human. Beyonce could stand on stage an fart, and it would be more impressive than anything Madonna, Britney, J.Lo or Nicki Minaj could do, combined. She commands attention, respect and power. The way in which she moves, even just walking on the stage, exudes such confidence and awareness, and she is completely in tune with her own body, the set, and her music. Not to mention, she hits every. single. note. Flawlessly. 

I find the race diatribe very interesting, and a bit shocking. In the past two years, Beyonce's country has been torn apart by race relations, black people are being shot in the streets, hell, even arrested in Starbucks. We have a psycho in the White House who doesn't give two shits about protecting minorities and fighting for his own people. She does. Her performance and her art has become unapologetically black. She references movements from the past to bring attention to what's going on right now, without actually speaking on the issue. The art speaks for itself: the marching band, the drumline, the all black cast of dancers. She's putting a disenfranchised community on one of the biggest stages in America, and livestreaming it across the whole ****ing world to show that black people are powerful, equal, and won't be silenced. If that's offensive to you, that's on you. And you should probably have some alone time to self reflect on why it's bothersome. And yeah, she's intense. She said "suck on my balls." Who cares? Women need to hear that. Women who are in abusive, cheating, depressing relationships who feel that they have no power. They need Beyonce to empower them and help them find their voice. 

Beyonce's consistency is key. People complain that she does the same thing over and over...but that's sort of the beauty of Beyonce. She has perfected her art. There was no new music or videos, and she was still able to deliver the most exciting life performance since Gaga's Super Bowl. The musical arrangements were completely reworked from the ground with the gorgeous instrumental from the marching band. Drunk In Love has never sounded so beautiful and epic. And who else can incorporate ****ing Soulja Boy into a set, and make Parition look sexier and sexier and more unique every single time? When you see Beyonce live you know you're going to get insane choreo, incredible vocals, and the music you love; the way she packages it is the surprise, and Coachella solidified her as the Queen of live performance. 

I'm not gong to even get into the custom stage (which I'm 99% sure she contributed from the Formation tour), the Balmain costumes, her weave, the flying mechanical arm, the lighting and the extreme attention to detail: that's all clearly visible. 

Beyonce has popped three children out of her vagina, publicly discussed her crumbling marriage, and has not only bounced back, but has delivered more than any pop star we have today. You know, Gaga is great and we're all here on this site for her, but her personal affairs and health problems have crippled her. She's fiercely talented and full of art, but Beyonce is strong. And I don't think any of you would be complaining if she delivered something even close to what Beyonce did on Saturday, and that's undeniable. 

#boybye

giphy.gif

TheQueenLG

Haroon politely asked that we not make topics responding to other topics. 

giphy.gif

SpookyKid

you could have written this on one of these threads :emma: these are getting tiring

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

JohnnyVersace
2 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

Haroon politely asked that we not make topics responding to other topics. 

My topic brings up its own points and does not directly respond to other topics. 

giphy.gif

Did I miss all those topics dragging her? Cause I've seen only praise to her performance or really well-worded critique.

Anyway, her performance was very good, she's a first-class performer. 

And to all the haters;

giphy.gif

Lextyr97

Alright I'm sick of these Beyonce threads. We get it, no one is allowed to say anything bad about Beyonce, otherwise they're "jealous, pressed, and racist." 

Edit: To add, there have been WAY more people praising and defending Beyonce, vs the vocal minority speaking poorly of her. Y'all don't even ****ing defend Gaga this much

Babel

Imagine every Gaga fan writing essays everytime someone doesn’t like what Gaga does. :laughga:

JohnnyVersace
Just now, TylerBR97 said:

Alright I'm sick of these Beyonce threads. We get it, no one is allowed to say anything bad about Beyonce, otherwise they're "jealous, pressed, and racist." 

If you claim that Beyonce is racist, then you're projecting. Point blank. And you clearly didn't read what I wrote. 

IAmNotHere1997

Yes. She did that. Not her peformance was the thing tho. 

8 minutes ago, JohnnyVersace said:

Beyonce could stand on stage an fart, and it would be more impressive than anything Madonna, Britney, J.Lo or Nicki Minaj could do, combined. She commands attention, respect and power. The way in which she moves, even just walking on the stage, exudes such confidence and awareness

↑ this is the thing. She commands attention, respect and power...and if you don't agree with this, the whole world is against you. If you have a different opinion about her, you're called a racist and things like that.

Da5edb7WsAIZKmN.jpg

Lextyr97
1 minute ago, JohnnyVersace said:

If you claim that Beyonce is racist, then you're projecting. Point blank. And you clearly didn't read what I wrote. 

1. What I meant to say, and thought was clear, is that it seems like no one is allowed to say anything bad about Beyonce, and if they do, they're called jealous, pressed, or racist.

2. I did not call Beyonce racist

3. I actually praised Beyonce's talents

4. No I didn't read your post because these threads are annoying as ****. This is legit the 85th

JohnnyVersace
Just now, gabrielflorin01 said:

Yes. She did that. Not her peformance was the thing tho. 

↑ this is the thing. She commands attention, respect and power...and if you don't agree with this, the whole world is against you. If you have a different opinion about her, you're called a racist and things like that.

That's a matter of opinion tho. It might not have been your cup of tea, but you can't deny the talent, power and uniqueness that sets her apart. And to me personally, she completely reworked her music, choreography, everything for these two shows. It's wildly impressive.

ryanripley
5 minutes ago, Triggered said:

Imagine every Gaga fan writing essays everytime someone doesn’t like what Gaga does. :laughga:

our fanbase used to be rabid like that, now we're lucky to get a thread that praises gaga with more than 2 pages :madge:

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

IAmNotHere1997
1 minute ago, JohnnyVersace said:

That's a matter of opinion tho. It might not have been your cup of tea, but you can't deny the talent, power and uniqueness that sets her apart. And to me personally, she completely reworked her music, choreography, everything for these two shows. It's wildly impressive.

I didn't denied anything about her. I like her. But I don't like the fact that you can't have an opinion about her. If you don't think she's the next Jesus, she's better than MJ and she's the best performer on the planet, you'll be criticized as hell.

• Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived