news

34,149 USD raised for the Born This Way Foundation

Coop

Featured Posts

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, LadyGagaTampon said:

I still don't get why a multi millionaire can't fund her own foundation and asks us for money..

She needs to save up for the high budget music videos coming this year

Yuuri
36 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

The point of a charity is to get as many people involved to spread the message, not just the actual money. Plus, I’m sure she’s been privately donating throughout the years. Like someone else said, she literally donated a fortune to the hurricane relief last year, so we know she’s BEEN donating her money lol

Let's not forget the time where she donated over $3M (usd) to Japan in her 3rd year of becoming famous, then she got sued for it. 

ALGAYDO
2 minutes ago, Sharyu said:

Let's not forget the time where she donated over $3M (usd) to Japan in her 3rd year of becoming famous, then she got sued for it. 

Wait, what? I must’ve missed something cause I do not remember this at all OhMyGod why would she get sued for donating money? Wtf? :duck:

3 minutes ago, Sharyu said:

what happened??

Weasel
46 minutes ago, LadyGagaTampon said:

I still don't get why a multi millionaire can't fund her own foundation and asks us for money..

The foundation is still a business. With this being rich enough argument she might as well give concerts for free, hand out free CDs. There are people involved that need to be paid, there are events that need to be paid. Just because she has money does not mean she has to give it away 24/7 :duck:

Yuuri
4 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Wait, what? I must’ve missed something cause I do not remember this at all OhMyGod why would she get sued for donating money? Wtf? :duck:

4 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

what happened??

Basically they sued her for "over charging fans", as the bracelets were $5 with a $3 shipping fee. Gaga and her team claims that all proceds went to the donation, while the law firm claims that Gaga and her team banked in from the shipping fee. Gaga settled the law suit by another donation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/329044/Lady-Gaga-settles-Japan-lawsuit-with-donation/amp

3 hours ago, LadyGagaTampon said:

Yes hun.. I wasn't born yesterday.
But it seems excessive the way they want us to throw our money for this foundation

Did she threaten you at gun point to donate or am I missing something?

LG posted “so if you’d still like to donate let’s see how much we can exceed our goal”...how is that excessive or different from any other fundraiser? She has literally donated more in one day than either of us will donate in our entire lifetime. Let’s do our research before we’re quick to criticize...

shame
55 minutes ago, LadyGagaTampon said:

I think you're forgetting that there are people out there who want to contribute to a good cause but need to find a way to do so. And hence this foundation provides a nice platform for those goodhearted, generous people who wish to make a difference in the world. Organizations like these are meant to involve the community to spread a message of empathy and charity.

angels forever, forever angels

Shipper

She is a smart businesswoman. You see, donations are tax deductible. Instead of paying the government back millions of dallars in taxes, by donating to a charity she partially owns, she has more control on where the money goes to and for a cause she believes in. 

This also keeps her mom employed. The money stays in their control. 

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

ryanripley
1 hour ago, LadyGagaTampon said:

are you missing the point on purpose or

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Eggsy
1 hour ago, LadyGagaTampon said:

Yes hun.. I wasn't born yesterday.
But it seems excessive the way they want us to throw our money for this foundation

Then you dont know what a foundation is.. This isn't a new concept.. Shes not being greedy. Getting the community involved raising awareness. I used to work for a foundation that held fundraisers.. Its inspiring to the youth to know others care about them and its not just one person throwing money at there problems. 

Eggsy
47 minutes ago, Doot said:

34K and I can’t get a single person to buy one of my paintings. :triggered:

Art takes time.. Usually in the paining field you only get famous when your dead. It just makes no sense. :grr:

Archived