Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Your Song (Audio) on LadyGagaVEVO

joannethenight

Featured Posts

Inferno
17 hours ago, Bio said:

Yeah, this is isn't very good. That accent she put on is annoying and the song is too delicate for the way she's singing it.

I completely agree. Really hate that affectation she puts on. Same for Dope and Till It Happens to You and some tracks off Joanne. I just dont get why she keeps doing it? Or why she insists on making her vocals like a bull thrashing in a crystal shop.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
somnambulist
18 minutes ago, Inferno said:

I completely agree. Really hate that affectation she puts on. Same for Dope and Till It Happens to You and some tracks off Joanne. I just dont get why she keeps doing it? Or why she insists on making her vocals like a bull thrashing in a crystal shop.

This exaggeration though........

*shakes head*

This fan base needs to stop comparing songs to Dope (a song created to sound like she was spiraling out of control)

This song is super light hearted and a joy to listen to, comparing this to Dope and a song about rape tho -_- Just because she sings a few deeper notes....I can’t. 

Inferno
6 minutes ago, somnambulist said:

This exaggeration though........

*shakes head*

This fan base needs to stop comparing songs to Dope (a song created to sound like she was spiraling out of control)

This song is super light hearted and a joy to listen to, comparing this to Dope and a song about rape tho -_- Just because she sings a few deeper notes....I can’t. 

There is a vocal affectation she puts on in Dope that is reflected in this song as well. Its a vocal style that started with Dope and shes been using it ever since. Obviously this song isn't exactly like Dope, its not sung quite as guttural which I assume is the "spiraling out of control" nonsense you're referring to. But the similarity is still there. Its a style.

somnambulist
37 minutes ago, Inferno said:

There is a vocal affectation she puts on in Dope that is reflected in this song as well. Its a vocal style that started with Dope and shes been using it ever since. Obviously this song isn't exactly like Dope, its not sung quite as guttural which I assume is the "spiraling out of control" nonsense you're referring to. But the similarity is still there. Its a style.

Yes, my comment was nonsense yet you’re comparing her vocals here to a “bull thrashing a crystal shop” 

Sooooooo exaggerated. 

PoshLife
2 hours ago, Inferno said:

I hope you stretched before making this reach

Supersonic
28 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

I hope you stretched before making this reach

Well, tearing a ligament while making such reaches could prevent people from reaching this much

metalguru
4 hours ago, Inferno said:

I totally agree with you. I want to hear her emotions, her fragility, her chillness... Her vocal is so Trash-Glam-Metal-ly it sounds like a parody sometimes.

My grades just got better today. My acne cleared out. my crops have grown. I have money on my bank account again.

Inferno
On 3/30/2018 at 5:09 PM, metalguru said:

I totally agree with you. I want to hear her emotions, her fragility, her chillness... Her vocal is so Trash-Glam-Metal-ly it sounds like a parody sometimes.

Exactly. She goes so full on theater sometimes you can't feel anything. And I can't even say that without having like 10 people on my d*ck about it. Im not trying to argue that she can't sing, obviously she has amazing talent. Just similar to Christina Aguilera before her, im not always down with how she chooses to display it.

metalguru
1 hour ago, Inferno said:

Exactly. She goes so full on theater sometimes you can't feel anything. And I can't even say that without having like 10 people on my d*ck about it. Im not trying to argue that she can't sing, obviously she has amazing talent. Just similar to Christina Aguilera before her, im not always down with how she chooses to display it.

I think it is a big problem for her. She wants to showcase her seriousness but she is missing opportunities one after another. It seems like she is very stubborn about this choice. Maybe a future producer will melt her voice into good, layered tunes. But she fails on emotional level and she puts a distance with this kind of half-parodic, full-confident vocal. It is also not mysterious at all. I always thought that Gaga will explore the cinematic side of her imagination with husky, mysterious vocals but she has been just screaming to prove her voice. Everyone admits that she has a voice. Now do something else with it. 

anomdepllume

She sounds so warm and beautiful here! The perfect mix of her more theatrical and more pop focused vocals. I'm in love with this, and the arrangement is really beautiful. She wasn't playing with this one! 

Archived