Jump to content
A Star Is Born
Sign in to follow this  
question

Will we ever get a Dark Album/ Era from Katy and Miley?

Featured Posts

Smother Em Eh   Paws Up 1,905
Smother Em Eh

We honestly haven't gotten a dark era from either one of them. We've gotten really personal songs from them, like Katy's BTGOG off of Prism or Miley's, "FU" and "Wrecking Ball" from Bangerz but never have had a full on dark album/ era from them. With Katy it's always been even though personal, quite colorful. If you know what I mean?

And same with Miley! 

So why haven't we gotten dark eras from either one of them? Do you think we will sometime in the nearby future? Wouldn't it be cool to have dark songs like Bloody Mary and Dance In The Dark from Katy and Miley? Or their version of TFM? And could they pull it off?

Discuss

:triggered:

Edited by JosephH
Stream Gaga’s discography on Spotify! Come on LM’s

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ryanliarripley   Paws Up 73,640
ryanliarripley

katy's core fanbase is very young, her music isn't daring or hard to digest and she's been appealing to younger audiences for years instead of growing and evolving alongside her original fanbase

i remember when the Witness demo leaked, i was happy to see katy finally taking the plunge into something different but when Witness turned out to be more of the same...

as for Miley, idk lol

Edited by ryanripley
  • Like 4
https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
corvus albus   Paws Up 2,513
corvus albus

Witness will be as "dark" as Katy will get :trollga:and Miley already had Can't Be Tamed. I can't digest more "dark" from Miley than this :saladga: (disclaimer: I like Can't Be Tamed)

Edited by corvus albus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
DiscoHeaven23   Paws Up 25,482
DiscoHeaven23

i mean this was pretty dark lolol

cry.gif?resize=600,337

  • Like 1
  • LMAO 7
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheShameMonster   Paws Up 13,907
TheShameMonster

have y'all been sleeping on this iconic dark bop?

original.gif

karma's not a liar, she keep receipts

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
corvus albus   Paws Up 2,513
corvus albus
2 minutes ago, TheShameMonster said:

have y'all been sleeping on this iconic dark bop?

original.gif

Yes, but the question was about an album that's darker themed and Prism had songs like Birthday, Roar and Walking On Air which are definetly not dark

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryusei   Paws Up 13,766
Ryusei
2 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

Yes, but the question was about an album that's darker themed and Prism had songs like Birthday, Roar and Walking On Air which are definetly not dark

By the grace of god is pretty dark... it's basically about her not commiting suicide because of god...

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
MaryJaneHolland   Paws Up 53,725
MaryJaneHolland
4 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

Yes, but the question was about an album that's darker themed and Prism had songs like Birthday, Roar and Walking On Air which are definetly not dark

And 'Disease How We Do' :selena:

  • Sad 1
You don't understand, this is an Alaïa!

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToxicHot   Paws Up 1,980
ToxicHot

Witness was Katy's "dark" album. Whether you all like that or not. 

tumblr_oi0maitsiP1qgu742o2_400.gif

Formerly known as the infamous xxPaperGangsta.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bloodyjack   Paws Up 481
Bloodyjack
25 minutes ago, JosephH said:

We honestly haven't gotten a dark era from either one of them. We've gotten really personal songs from them, like Katy's BTGOG off of Prism or Miley's, "FU" and "Wrecking Ball" from Bangerz but never have had a full on dark album/ era from them. With Katy it's always been even though personal, quite colorful. If you know what I mean?

And same with Miley! 

So why haven't we gotten dark eras from either one of them? Do you think we will sometime in the nearby future? Wouldn't it be cool to have dark songs like Bloody Mary and Dance In The Dark from Katy and Miley? Or their version of TFM? And could they pull it off?

Discuss

:triggered:

I wish 😑🙄 Katy's voice and look is perfect for Avant garde but instead she sticks to rainbows, unicorns and homophobia. As for Miley I could definitely picture her doing a darker album

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
corvus albus   Paws Up 2,513
corvus albus
9 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

By the grace of god is pretty dark... it's basically about her not commiting suicide because of god...

:sharon: Is Prism as a whole about her commiting suicide? If not my comment still stands.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark Salvation   Paws Up 4,986
Dark Salvation

:trollga: Don't worry! We have KP5 soon! Miley had Can't Be Tamed

  • Like 1
https://www.last.fm/user/MonsterGaga5555

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
aaronyoji   Paws Up 1,599
aaronyoji

well katy abused her power and face raped a non consenting young fellow on national television, thats pretty dark!! 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smother Em Eh   Paws Up 1,905
Smother Em Eh
1 hour ago, Ryusei said:

By the grace of god is pretty dark... it's basically about her not commiting suicide because of god...

No, it's about not committing suicide over her breakup with Russell Brand if I'm not mistaken. 

Stream Gaga’s discography on Spotify! Come on LM’s

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark Salvation   Paws Up 4,986
Dark Salvation
36 minutes ago, aaronyoji said:

well katy abused her power and face raped a non consenting young fellow on national television, thats pretty dark!! 

Sis, the dude expected it :air: 

  • Like 1
https://www.last.fm/user/MonsterGaga5555

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
pop music