Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

JLo is more talented than Mariah

sipthistea

Featured Posts

While Mariah do have the bigger legacy, it's certain that I'd watch a JLo show over a Mariah concert. That is not putting down Mariah's talents, but she lost that vocalist-entertainment factor that she had before, while JLo still dances and sings live and is overall more entertaining.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, sipthistea said:

That makes her bilingual, and that's a talent :whitney:

She's just a bit too fake for my liking. Fake body, fake voice, fake heritage, fake music. 

I have always enjoyed her music, but she's easily overshadowed by someone else more talented. She awkwardly switches from being a hardcore New York gal to being a country Latina mama, so much so that she never really excels at either of them. Even when she does embrace her somewhat artificial identity, Shakira is clearly a much more successful example of how to maintain a strong presence in two language markets. 

It could be her acting, which is very good, that hinders her. She's too busy acting like a star that she never really becomes one.

Mariah on the other hand, just fell into talent and stardom. She is recognised and will be remembered amongst the 'greats' in music, it's pretty hard to put her at a lower tier than Beyonce and Gaga, let alone JLo. 

Yemeni Feed
13 hours ago, KyliesChild said:

edit: nvm

Haroon will come and get you

Instagram.com/1.mxe

Arcanum

JLo is way more talented!

No one impersonates a talented artist better than her. :reductive:

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

Babel

Mariah will always be there to offer her song leftovers to Jlo and some singing lessons too

Mirages
15 hours ago, sipthistea said:

Jlo:

1. She's an amazing entertainer and dancer - only if you like breathy and pitchy vocals with that

2. She's an good actress and tv producer - being a producer for tv means you put your money into the movie not much more, also Gigli would like to disagree

3. She has tons of bops - Mariahs 18 number 1s would like to disagree

4. She sings in Spanish -  so does Mariah (Mi todo, Heroe, Hermosa, El amor que sone,...), also doesn't have anything to do with talent if youre talking about bein bilingual well JLO does speak Spanish bod god is she awful in it

5. She's very well known worldwide - Mariah is more popular in the US, but she has still sold more records than JLO worldwide, also JLO will never be as popular in Asia as is Mariah (BTW most people in world live in Asia)

vs

Mariah:

1. She's a great singer-songwriter - she is also a producer, and produces all of her records, JLO has never

2. She's not a very good actress - again Gigli

3. She has tons of great ballads and pop/hip hop bops - 18 number ones, also her songs are much more harder to sing than JLOs

4. She doesn't sing in Spanish - she does

5. She's mostly local - best selling artist in the US and Japan (third biggest music industry after US and UK)

Man dont be coming for legends when you dont know everything they accomplished. Also we love everybody, but just because she was in a couple of movies and speaks horrible spanish doesnt mean shes more talented. Mariah could easily give a performance JLO gave in Gigli, JLO could never sing Mariah songs. :bye:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Mirages

Then that's another talent. Having good taste :whitney:

More like having no boundaries and being able to perform some other favors.

I'm the bitch that's fragile

djBuffoon

In her prime, Mariah could sing Jennifer under the table then out the door. Lopez is a great dancer and has developed as singer and actress but is still not breathtakingly good at either. She's a solid entertainer and a savvy businesswoman. 

That's not a talent, that's luck, and that proves she's very local. 

you are officially delulu

boyerased

Mariah is definitely more global than Jlo. Mariah owns Asia especially Japan. The only Jlo song we could remember here in my country is On the Floor. 

Jlo is a good performer, objectively better than Mariah now, a good dancer and arguably the better actress.

But Mariah Carey is Mariah Carey. 18 number ones. Respected by her peers, predecessors and those who came after her. A talented songwriter. One of the most recognizable and renowed voice in the world. Survived sabotage of one of the most powerful man in the industry. Two songs of the decade. She dominated the 90’s and influenced pop music forever. Need I say more?

3 hours ago, Kimihiro said:

Mariah is definitely more global than Jlo. Mariah owns Asia especially Japan. The only Jlo song we could remember here in my country is On the Floor. 

Jlo is a good performer, objectively better than Mariah now, a good dancer and arguably the better actress.

But Mariah Carey is Mariah Carey. 18 number ones. Respected by her peers, predecessors and those who came after her. A talented songwriter. One of the most recognizable and renowed voice in the world. Survived sabotage of one of the most powerful man in the industry. Two songs of the decade. She dominated the 90’s and influenced pop music forever. Need I say more?

ok yas i was right thank god

JoanneMonster

Where I live you will never hear Mariah on the radio, they only play all i want for xmas during december (and this is her only song I know)

JLo has more worldwide hits and I can recognise any of her songs.

I See You

Archived