Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Extremely Unpopular Opinion: Elvis Is More Overrated Than MJ & More

Dunk96

Featured Posts

Dunk96

I don't know about you but honestly I feel that Elvis is way more overrated than Michael Jackson. He wasn't really that talented and not extremely attractive,yet people still bow at his feet and call him the king of rock and roll. But really that title shouldn't belong to him,as he's stolen many of his biggest hits by earlier rock and roll acts of the 1930s. I still don't understand why he's so highly regarded when he's extremely overrated and his music isn't that groundbreaking or fantastic when rock acts before and after him were far superior and he didn't really innovate the genre like Sister Rosetta Tharpe or Chuck Berry or Little Richard. :shrug: Just my opinion really...

Blond

I think MJ is overrated tbh...His dance moves are really epic though

My pu$$y tastes like pepsi cola

ryanripley

i don't know enough about elvis or old rock to agree or disagree with you :selena: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Thomas P
12 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

i don't know enough about elvis or old rock to agree or disagree with you :selena: 

I have no interest in knowing more either :selena:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Retron
19 minutes ago, Dunk96 said:

I still don't understand why he's so highly regarded when he's extremely overrated and his music isn't that groundbreaking or fantastic when rock acts before and after him were far superior and he didn't really innovate the genre like Sister Rosetta Tharpe or Chuck Berry or Little Richard. :shrug: Just my opinion really...

Vast swaths of the US population wouldn't listen to "black" music in the 50's. Then Elvis and the other Rockabilly boys appropriated the sound and made rock socially acceptable to whites.

Not saying it's fair, but that's what happened. I don't think anyone could credibly argue that Elvis was more talented than Chuck Berry. They could try, and many do, but they're wrong.

Ronk

Elvis was hugely influential, a game-changer in music, and multi-genre.  It would be hard for the younger generations to even imagine his influence without living through it.  Tony Bennett did, and said if Gaga keeps going, she could become "bigger than Elvis". 

This wiki speaks the truth about Elvis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvis_Presley

I live outside the space time continuum.

juju

"unpopular"?

tenor.gif?itemid=10273180

MJ is literally miles ahead. No comparison. Elvis repurposed music originally made by black people for the white masses. If you enjoy his music cool, I dig Iggy Azalea sometimes, but he doesn't deserve any credit for anything tbh.

❤ x ❤

RAMROD

He was from different time. Different standards back then. He was seen as rebel by parents of that time because he moves his hips. It was tabooed then. It was racy. He made dancing into a normal thing to do. Can deny him if you like, but he is like many other musicians of the past, helps paved the way of what we have today. They broke rules, pushed the envelope, and make something outrageous becomes ordinary.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Elvis didn't even write most of his songs and all aside he was actually a douchebag who married an underage girl lol :trollga:, but thinking about rockstars who aren't douchebags, I come to a conclusion that there aren't many (Bruce Springsteen comes to mind)  and I don't know if MJ wrote his own songs, I'm not familiar with him that much. But yeah, Elvis was groundbreaking at that time, but he wasn't some mastermind or something, I don't see the hype. As to looks, you can find an Elvis-looking guy anywhere out there. 

Lazlo

4 minutes ago, Thorin said:

Elvis didn't even write most of his songs and all aside he was actually a douchebag who married an underage girl lol :trollga:, but thinking about rockstars who aren't douchebags, I come to a conclusion that there aren't many (Bruce Springsteen comes to mind)  and I don't know if MJ wrote his own songs, I'm not familiar with him that much. But yeah, Elvis was groundbreaking at that time, but he wasn't some mastermind or something, I don't see the hype. As to looks, you can find an Elvis-looking guy anywhere out there. 

MJ wrote most of his songs (actually I think all of his music after he went solo). He even produced or co produced all of his songs. He made his own choreography and had a massive hand in his stage productions. He was literally one of the most involved artists of all time. It's really cool when you think of it! Usually artists who are too hands on tend to burn out quick but his star burned bright for years (until the controversies plagued him)  :S

Archived