Dark Horse Katy's Last Number 1?

Mirrion Rizzons

Featured Posts

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mirrion Rizzons
56 minutes ago, LDGA said:

Girl, you forget that Katy was featured in a song called "Feels" last year, and that the songs reached number 1 in UK, France, Belgium, Lebanon(etc) and was a top 5 hit in other countries like Australia, Scotland (etc) .

I do not think Dark Horse will be her last #1 because she can jump in any collaboration that makes her top the list again, at least in some territories. And still who knows, her next album might have a hit, or she can sing a soundtrack that rocket her to #1.

sis I know I live in the UK, but I mean her as the leading artist :)

Flawless

If katy didn't gave up with witness, she never will. Next era she'll be coming for blood. 

the scars on my mind are on replay.

You are right Gaga will probably never get another #1 on the Hot 100 but she may get other top 5s! Katy idk..I think we need to wait for her next era to be 100% sure that she can't make a come back. She seems to want commercial success more than Gaga so she might fight for it more and it might work for her eventually. We will see. 

Quark
3 hours ago, Red said:

In your opinion

So have have never listened to a #1 that you thought was bad.

Taylorrgh
8 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Older people who have fallen from major success have had #1's later in their career before. Cher being the most obvious. I thought Calvin Harris was done with #1's since his last in 2014 but he managed to swoop in with a UK #1 with Feels last year. Even that one-hit-wonder Mike Posner managed to come back for one last hit after years out of the limelight after his sole breakout hit and no one ever thought we'd see his name again. Sometimes, you don't even need to create a super generic, of the moment song to get a #1 either. In the last few years, some of the biggest world #1's have been some tracks that were completely different to what the public were listening to (Get Lucky, Royals, All About That Bass, Cheerleader, 7 Years, Despacito, Look What You Made Me Do, Havana, etc).

And remember that just because she can't get a #1 in America doesn't mean that international #1's don't count. Plenty of songs are huge but America just doesn't catch onto them the same. Check out how many views and likes songs from Latin artists have, for example, which have barely charted in the US. Gaga has managed to get #1's internationally since BTW. I think she's had at least 3 international #1's since then. Getting to the top isn't the be all and end all anyway. Plenty of acts haben't had #1's in a while but have no problem selling albums and having successful tours. The likes of Pink and Justin Timberlake are still trucking after near enough 20 years in the business. And no adult truly cares how many #1's an artist has, all that impresses them is good music. It's just the young who place high importance on chart data.

I mean it's still very important to get a #1 in the US because it's by far the biggest music market in the world. so it actually does matter tbh

DiscoHeaven23
22 hours ago, EvilRegal said:

:sure:

22 hours ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

it was tho. It's her best selling and I believe one of her longest charting. Ofc its not her signature song (thats firework) but facts are facts

to clear it up, in the US (at least) Dark Horse is her biggest hit, according to Billboard

source: https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7686101/katy-perry-songs-best-hits-list

brit4ever
21 hours ago, Arcanum said:

Y' all forget when was Britney's last #1 before Womanizer.

Yeah, but with Britney was different, she could've easily had at least 4-5 more #1s before Womanizer, but JIVE released a limited number of physical coppies of her singles, to boost the album sales and they did that for all her first 4 albums and a #1 without sales is impossible. When you add to that the fact that she was banned on radios from 2001-4 her singles were not even able to enter The Hot 100. Britney had no #1s untill Womanizer, not because she wasn't able, but because she was not aiming at that, unlike Katy.

OT: Katy only needs to grow her hair back and make a Max Martin bop and she would be back and they will love her again.

Arcanum
2 hours ago, brit4ever said:

Yeah, but with Britney was different, she could've easily had at least 4-5 more #1s before Womanizer, but JIVE released a limited number of physical coppies of her singles, to boost the album sales and they did that for all her first 4 albums and a #1 without sales is impossible. When you add to that the fact that she was banned on radios from 2001-4 her singles were not even able to enter The Hot 100. Britney had no #1s untill Womanizer, not because she wasn't able, but because she was not aiming at that, unlike Katy.

OT: Katy only needs to grow her hair back and make a Max Martin bop and she would be back and they will love her again.

Actually I was refering to Gaga's chance of getting a no.1. :selena:

Good point tho.

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

LordEnigma

Number 1’s don’t mean ****. Like Beyoncé hasn’t had a solo number 1 for how many years? And I’d say she has more impact than almost all of the people on the hot 100 now.

Katy will be fine but she has to up the ante.

13 hours ago, Quark said:

So have have never listened to a #1 that you thought was bad.

Yep but that just means the song is bad for my taste and not bad in everyone's taste, boo. No one is gonna buy a song that they don't deem good for their taste. And the right promo will provide a big number of people with a certain taste enough to make a song rise to #1. That's how it goes. It's not because you dislike Despacito that it absolutely means Despacito is a bad song, it just doesn't fit your taste while it fits a lot of other people's taste.

Quark
3 minutes ago, Red said:

Yep but that just means the song is bad for my taste and not bad in everyone's taste, boo. No one is gonna buy a song that they don't deem good for their taste. And the right promo will provide a big number of people with a certain taste enough to make a song rise to #1. That's how it goes. It's not because you dislike Despacito that it absolutely means Despacito is a bad song, it just doesn't fit your taste while it fits a lot of other people's taste.

A song could be bad based on quality regardless of taste. Things like how generic a song is, bad inconsistent lyrics, and just bad vocals make a song bad even when you like it's style. However, promo does influence a song to become successful. All I am saying is that there have been many bad hit songs just based on musical quality metrics.

Archived