Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Polarized about Kesha

Oyster

Featured Posts

Emigrante
55 minutes ago, Oyster said:

She may not be an icon but her voice is incredible. Those examples were people with insane talent 

Yeah, but you've misspelled her name. xD

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Yuuri

Has she sang "This Is Me" live once? I think it's more challenging than Praying by a long shot, and I feel like her voice will crack and fry.

StrawberryBlond

I think a singer shouldn't only be defined by how they perform live. You can be a good studio singer but a so-so live performer and that's ok. Just because you wouldn't pay to see them live because their vocals can be a bit unpredictable doesn't mean that they're untalented overall or don't deserve to be where they are. At the end of the day, as much as I love to see a singer perform live, I'd rather they just made good music all the time over that, if I had to pick. I didn't want to see Lana Del Rey perform back when she started out as I thought she wasn't that good live but she improved and now she's really good. Kesha just needs to come into her own. Remember that up until now, she was never allowed to showcase her voice's potential, so she's still finding her feet and testing her limits. She's not going to be perfect right from the off. And not everyone has the same definition of good singing. I'd take a passionate performer with an average voice over a dull performer with an amazing voice any day.

Reality

She really just needs to have a vocal coach with her on a consistent basis and she also needs to learn how to control her voice properly. She has a lot of potential, and in some performances, she sings really well. It's not like she's completely tone-deaf. I think as time goes on, she'll get better.

Also though, I want to dispell the high note myth. In "Praying," she did actually hit that note. A lot of people for some reason think that it was altered or distorted in some way, but she did actually hit the note. However, it's out of her normal range and she said in an interview that it took her like ten tries for her to get that note. It was something that was meant for the album; she definitely cannot do that live on a consistent basis. 

She also probably sounds better in the studio version—like most artists—because with that, you can do multiple takes, cut and edit stuff, etc. etc. It's also fairly difficult to sing live and on a mic as well. A lot of people think it's easy, and with practice, it can be, but the transition from a studio to a live performance is fairly drastic.

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

i think the main issue with keshas voice is a lack of training and anxiety. it takes a lot of practice and self confidence to be in total control of your voice. the abusive relationship she's been in definitely had its toll on her performing skills, but give her some time. she's undeniably talented, has the right background (her mum is also a songwriter first and a singer second) and will push through eventually. look at lana for example: she definitely struggled in the beginning, but over the years she greatly improved and is now a great live vocalist. i think kesha could have a similar development. she's in love with her craft (unlike britney maybe) and that's gonna take her far. 

Ronk

I've seen her twice in concert, and she was great live, imo.  I don't care if some don't like her singing, I can't wait to attend her future tours.

Here are some vids I made from her concert in Philadelphia:

https://vimeo.com/channels/1302808

I live outside the space time continuum.

Archived