💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Katy owes #MeToo an apology

PunkTheFunk

Featured Posts

RadioIsOurs
16 hours ago, jaXXXon said:

I find it harmless when a woman hitting on me grabs my ****, but why was it a problem when Kevin Spacey did that to a guy at a bar? Exactly.

What Katy did was horrible, and if she were a man she'd have been fired. So this double standard should stop. This was harrasement but I bet women in Hollywood are going to stand by Katy's side and say "it's not the same."

Harrasment is harrasment. You're telling me it's wrong if James Franco pulls out his penis in front of his future girlfriend and gets attacked for it, but Katy forcing to kiss a total stranger who's 12 years younger than her isn't?

I said none of that but okay...

851314011b1141649e503e944dfb2b39.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

It's great that he didn't feel genuinely harassed but who knows, maybe he's just saying this because he doesn't want any more drama and feels embarrassed that people are talking about him and some are calling him a victim? Certainly, a lot of guys would find the public's outrage to be a very emasculating thing for them and would be worried that he definitely won't get any girls interested in him now because the public being outraged on his behalf and turning him into a victim now makes him seem weak and unmanly. It's sad but that's how the world operates when it comes to this stuff. Point is, a lot of us say we're fine with something to save face when we're actually uncomfortable with it. And as we saw from the clip, he didn't want to do this but between the 3 judges, they made it very difficult for him to say no. If he had stood his ground and said no, he might have come across badly and that's not the first impression he'd want the world to have of him. I think it's appalling how he was basically coerced into this kiss. It hardly counts as consent when you were massively pressured into doing it. No one should have an intimate moment foisted on them particularly if they just said they want it to be with someone they're in a relationship with. No one has a right to steal a special moment like that away from you. I'm no hypocrite when it comes to sexual harassment - it can happen to males just as much as females and is equally unacceptable. Katy didn't have bad intentions but that doesn't change the fact that what she did was out of line and she should be called out just as much as any man would, otherwise the entire concept of #MeToo is a farce. I'm not saying she should get fired but she should be strictly warned never to do this again.

Putting all the serious stuff aside, let's consider something else - maybe this young boy didn't even find Katy attractive enough to want to kiss her? Unfortunately, Katy is a bit big-headed at the best of times. She really believes that she's every man's fantasy, that it would be every man's dream come true to kiss her. By offering this sweet, innocent boy his first kiss from her, a "hot" global superstar, she thought he'd remember this moment dearly for the rest of his life and be a legend among his friends when he went home. It's a very narcissistic thing to say the least. If she were 25 and in the peak of her Teenage Dream era, when she looked super hot with her long dark hair, I could see this boy being pretty chuffed about it. But as it is, she's 33, she's going through a career low and she's got a really unflattering crop. Suffice to say she has not been a sex symbol this era. Every male who found her hot in the past is now wondering what on earth she's done to herself and are totally turned off. She doesn't "have it" anymore but seems delusionally unaware of that fact. She seems to think if she conducts herself like she's still the hottest thing around, everyone will believe it. It makes me more than a bit sad that this sweet 19 year old didn't have his first kiss with someone that was a bit closer to his own age. I don't know how a 33 year old even considers kissing a 19 year old. That's a 14 year gap! She's almost old enough to be his mother! When you're 19, 33 is practically elderly to you. There is no way I would have wanted my first kiss to be with a 33 year old when I was 19, no matter how hot they were. She robbed his first youthful kiss from him and that makes me a bit sad.

On 3/16/2018 at 4:22 AM, orb1tx said:

Puhlease, what a loooser this guy.  he sucks!  If anything I would not like to listen to the music of such a barren individual.  Anyone, boy or girl would love a kiss from Katy.  what sort of world are we living in where kissing causes this sort of controversy.  not one I want to be a part of.  I'll gladly accept kisses from Katy, and Gaga if she wants ;-)

We shouldn't judge just because he places importance on who he wants to be intimate with. It's quite admirable in this day and age that someone doesn't want to give it up to the first person who asks. And a "barren individual?" That's a very nasty thing to say about someone and I think "prudish" is the word you were looking for, barren suggests infertility and is a really horrible way some infertile women are described. And as I said above, there's good reason why a lot of people wouldn't want their first kiss to be from Katy right now. Accept that not everyone thinks the same as you and the world would be boring if we did.

On 3/16/2018 at 12:06 PM, Derpplause said:

oh boohoo you got ur first kiss from a superstar and you didn't like it because it has to be special....christ it's not that special :smh: get a grip

It's a non-consensual kiss and I can see why that is a problem, but come on given this situation: Katy probably only kissed him to congratulate him..it's not like she was going to snog you

psm92pp.gif

Maybe so but if it means that much to someone, why should we deny them that and laugh about it? And she didn't kiss him to congratulate him, he hadn't even done anything yet and he got sent home anyway, so what was there to be congratulated?

On 3/16/2018 at 10:20 PM, TED said:

Action and words are means for carrying out an intention. There's such a big difference between the playfulness of Katy and thе malicious self-serving intention of the sexual predator. There was nothing negative about Katy's intentions. It was as innocent as kids playing.

Yes, but predators are smart. They learn how to frame their words and actions so that they appear to be sweet and playful when they're really anything of the sort. Not saying that this is Katy, of course, I'm just talking about how a genuine predator adapts themselves to get away with what they do. There's a very obvious kind of predator that makes their actions appear "as innocent as kids playing" in order to gaslight their victims and we all know which one that is. If we brush off something as harmless, who knows, we might be brushing off a dangerous predator who's just got very covert about hiding their intentions.

aaronyoji

this is ridiculous. like honestly so ridiculous, imagine going up to a rape victim and being like "i feel your pain, my first kiss was katy perry and it was suppose to be on the cheek but instead it was on the lips omg the horror!!" 

like honestly anyone equating this situation with a young female musician being taken advantage of by a man in a power is an IDIOT. I SAID IT. AN IDIOT. men are not seen as weak and vulnerable the way society sees women, its a different power dynamic and thats why it doesnt get the same reaction when a woman slaps a mans butt, is forward, vise versa. 

aaronyoji
7 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

It's great that he didn't feel genuinely harassed but who knows, maybe he's just saying this because he doesn't want any more drama and feels embarrassed that people are talking about him and some are calling him a victim? Certainly, a lot of guys would find the public's outrage to be a very emasculating thing for them and would be worried that he definitely won't get any girls interested in him now because the public being outraged on his behalf and turning him into a victim now makes him seem weak and unmanly. It's sad but that's how the world operates when it comes to this stuff. Point is, a lot of us say we're fine with something to save face when we're actually uncomfortable with it. And as we saw from the clip, he didn't want to do this but between the 3 judges, they made it very difficult for him to say no. If he had stood his ground and said no, he might have come across badly and that's not the first impression he'd want the world to have of him. I think it's appalling how he was basically coerced into this kiss. It hardly counts as consent when you were massively pressured into doing it. No one should have an intimate moment foisted on them particularly if they just said they want it to be with someone they're in a relationship with. No one has a right to steal a special moment like that away from you. I'm no hypocrite when it comes to sexual harassment - it can happen to males just as much as females and is equally unacceptable. Katy didn't have bad intentions but that doesn't change the fact that what she did was out of line and she should be called out just as much as any man would, otherwise the entire concept of #MeToo is a farce. I'm not saying she should get fired but she should be strictly warned never to do this again.

Putting all the serious stuff aside, let's consider something else - maybe this young boy didn't even find Katy attractive enough to want to kiss her? Unfortunately, Katy is a bit big-headed at the best of times. She really believes that she's every man's fantasy, that it would be every man's dream come true to kiss her. By offering this sweet, innocent boy his first kiss from her, a "hot" global superstar, she thought he'd remember this moment dearly for the rest of his life and be a legend among his friends when he went home. It's a very narcissistic thing to say the least. If she were 25 and in the peak of her Teenage Dream era, when she looked super hot with her long dark hair, I could see this boy being pretty chuffed about it. But as it is, she's 33, she's going through a career low and she's got a really unflattering crop. Suffice to say she has not been a sex symbol this era. Every male who found her hot in the past is now wondering what on earth she's done to herself and are totally turned off. She doesn't "have it" anymore but seems delusionally unaware of that fact. She seems to think if she conducts herself like she's still the hottest thing around, everyone will believe it. It makes me more than a bit sad that this sweet 19 year old didn't have his first kiss with someone that was a bit closer to his own age. I don't know how a 33 year old even considers kissing a 19 year old. That's a 14 year gap! She's almost old enough to be his mother! When you're 19, 33 is practically elderly to you. There is no way I would have wanted my first kiss to be with a 33 year old when I was 19, no matter how hot they were. She robbed his first youthful kiss from him and that makes me a bit sad.

We shouldn't judge just because he places importance on who he wants to be intimate with. It's quite admirable in this day and age that someone doesn't want to give it up to the first person who asks. And a "barren individual?" That's a very nasty thing to say about someone and I think "prudish" is the word you were looking for, barren suggests infertility and is a really horrible way some infertile women are described. And as I said above, there's good reason why a lot of people wouldn't want their first kiss to be from Katy right now. Accept that not everyone thinks the same as you and the world would be boring if we did.

Maybe so but if it means that much to someone, why should we deny them that and laugh about it? And she didn't kiss him to congratulate him, he hadn't even done anything yet and he got sent home anyway, so what was there to be congratulated?

Yes, but predators are smart. They learn how to frame their words and actions so that they appear to be sweet and playful when they're really anything of the sort. Not saying that this is Katy, of course, I'm just talking about how a genuine predator adapts themselves to get away with what they do. There's a very obvious kind of predator that makes their actions appear "as innocent as kids playing" in order to gaslight their victims and we all know which one that is. If we brush off something as harmless, who knows, we might be brushing off a dangerous predator who's just got very covert about hiding their intentions.

yes, defend katy perry and you open the door wide open for more harvey weinstein types..... eye roll... 

aaronyoji
On 3/16/2018 at 1:47 PM, brit4ever said:

It's so strange how when a girl does that it is ok, but when a guy does it is not. I mean, even I feel ok when it happens the first way around, but when a guy is doing it it feels unapropriate. Idk why though.

because men in our society have the upper hand, and always have, so we don't see men as vulnerable in this situation. of course we should all be nice and respectful of peoples space, but this is being blown so far out of proportion. katy is not a man in a suit inviting someone up to their suite to talk business and ends up pinning someone against a wall,...... 

StrawberryBlond
13 hours ago, aaronyoji said:

this is ridiculous. like honestly so ridiculous, imagine going up to a rape victim and being like "i feel your pain, my first kiss was katy perry and it was suppose to be on the cheek but instead it was on the lips omg the horror!!" 

like honestly anyone equating this situation with a young female musician being taken advantage of by a man in a power is an IDIOT. I SAID IT. AN IDIOT. men are not seen as weak and vulnerable the way society sees women, its a different power dynamic and thats why it doesnt get the same reaction when a woman slaps a mans butt, is forward, vise versa. 

yes, defend katy perry and you open the door wide open for more harvey weinstein types..... eye roll... 

because men in our society have the upper hand, and always have, so we don't see men as vulnerable in this situation. of course we should all be nice and respectful of peoples space, but this is being blown so far out of proportion. katy is not a man in a suit inviting someone up to their suite to talk business and ends up pinning someone against a wall,...... 

We're not equating it to rape, neither are we saying it's the worst thing to happen. The point we're making is that it's a double standard to act like sexual harassment isn't a real thing when it happens to men. Katy is older than him, famous and a judge which definitely puts her in a huge amount of power over him. In this case, being female doesn't change a thing. In the same way that a older woman has a power dynamic over a young man in a relationship. We know why we don't have the same reaction when it happens to men and that's wrong. If we want gender equality, we have to actually make equal standards. And yes, I'm totally saying that if we let situations like this slide, we open the door to worse. It harks back to the old notion of "it's just a bit of fun." But someone's idea of fun might not be someone else's. What you're proposing here is that we start to have a very specific idea of what a sex criminal looks and acts like. Women are raised to believe that every rapist is a stranger, an unattractive, shifty-looking man that is lurking down a dark alley who's going to grab you late at night. But the reality is that this stereotype is rare. Most people are attacked by someone known to them, they can be attractive and charming, they can seem perfectly nice and it can occur in a private setting, or even your own home, any time of the day. It's very dangerous to send the message that every attacker must be overtly sleazy as it means we can turn a blind eye to someone who appears to be safe. Abusers learn to appear amiable to the outside world so they can do their dirty business on the down low without anyone ever suspecting and anybody who does have the strength to speak out won't be believed because they've built up such a positive image for themselves. I'm by no means suggesting that Katy is someone like this, all I'm trying to say is that you can't go around believing that only the most "obvious" people are abusers and should be feared. It's that very sentiment that has allowed "national treasures" to go undetected for years.

Bloodyjack
On 3/16/2018 at 3:25 AM, PunkTheFunk said:

ac_katy_perry_americanidol_comp.jpg?w=74

The following are excerpts from an opinion piece by Andrea Montgomery for Global News (Canada):

"When I first saw a video of Katy Perry fawning over American Idol contestant Benjamin Glaze on my Facebook timeline this week, I scrolled on.

But, when I saw the headlines about the non-consensual kiss, I went back and watched the full footage. It caused a scorching flame of rage inside of me.

Katy Perry is a bully and a predator and this footage is clear harassment which flies in the face of #MeToo and should not have aired.

lead630-ea2e5e0f4fd5bd870cf942412e882c19

Let me explain how I see it:

The video starts off innocuously enough, with Perry and the judges inquiring about 19-year-old Glaze’s life, job, and relationship status. Glaze admits he has never kissed a girl because he has never been in a relationship – so how could he have done any kissing?

His explanation is endearing and pure. The judges invite him up to the table to rectify the situation, with Luke Bryan hooting and clapping.

Glaze said no several times: “No, wait, hold on, you can’t, no way.”

He looks to the curtains behind him for guidance. But instead of repeating “no” and standing his ground, the contestant – eager to please – approaches the table to appease the judges, who have pulled out their phones to catch this moment on camera.

katie.jpg

Did I mention this boy is 19 years old?

Under much peer pressure, he agrees to kiss Perry on the cheek and does so very softly, sweetly and without any sort of gumption. A church kiss.

Perry is not satisfied and asks for one more as Lionel Ritchie starts making smacking sounds and leans in like a coach, showing the young buck how to properly please a lady.

At the very last second, Perry turns her head and steals a kiss on the lips – a non-consensual kiss.

screen-shot-2018-03-11-at-9-51-50-pm-2.j

Young Glaze is rocketed off of his feet and tries to recover from what just happened.

The second he hits the ground the judges’ attention is off of him and they proceed to high five and congratulate Perry for “getting him.”

But, what the judges do not see as the young man backs away is the look on his face.

This is a look that anybody who has suffered at the hands of a bully should recognize. 

katy-perry-benjamin-glaze.jpg

The whole video is a cacophony of hypocrisy, impropriety, power abuse and bad decisions.

Picture Ritchie kissing a 19-year-old female American Idol hopeful while the other judges tell her, instructively, how to smack her lips.

Lionel+Richie1.jpg

In interviews after the fact, Glaze said he was uncomfortable but doesn’t feel sexually harassed. He is such a sweet, nice guy to let Perry and American Idol off the hook like that.

No woman or man – not even billionaire American Idol pop star judge Katy Perry – is above asking for consent.

That the editors at American Idol felt this was a cute thing to televise flies in the face of the strides made by women all over the world who have come forward to shed light on how often this happens with #MeToo.

I repeat: #MeToo and sexual harassment and bullying is not bound by gender, regardless of if one gender experiences it disproportionally."

https://globalnews.ca/news/4085641/andrea-montgomery-katy-perry-owes-metoo-an-apology/

So what do you think girls? Was it some harmless fun, or "You make me feel like I'm living a Harvey Weinstein dream"?

KqL6dIV.gif

He's officially been intiated as a ****boi lol there's no pulling him back from the Darkside now lool

Earthling
On 17/03/2018 at 10:27 PM, StrawberryBlond said:

I understand where you're coming from with this comment, but tbh what you said about Katy's looks sounds pretty misogynistic. Women are allowed to be sexy and consider themselves attractive above the age of 25 whether they have long hair or not. Shaming a woman for expressing her sexuality isn't very progressive either.

Also 19 is definitely mature enough to be with a 33 year old. Not all people want to date in their own age group. As a young person you can actually find 30 year olds very attractive and that's totally fine.

OT:

This was clearly scripted for TV and he verbally gave consent in a clip that was cut out so imo everyone on that set knew what was going on and no one was being coerced into anything. It was all just drama for the cameras. Was it a good choice on the producers part? Well it's gone viral and is drawing a lot of attention to the show so yeah itl probably was a good call. If anything Katy is the scapegoat in all of this. 

*she switched baristas. ☕️

Tokyo Rose

All three judges were acting like schoolyard bullies, holding up their cellphones and snickering. :(

ALGAYDO
On 3/17/2018 at 11:14 PM, aaronyoji said:

Isn’t feminism supposed to be about equality? Sounds to me like you’re making different standards for women than for men 👀 

TSUNAMI

I don't wanna live in this oversensitive society. 

(WO)Man up people.

Not everything is racist, sexual harrassment or bullying. 

I find this situation cute and ONLY cute. 

ToxicHot

If I was the contestant, I'd sue so I can get my coins 

tumblr_oi0maitsiP1qgu742o2_400.gif

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

aaronyoji
5 hours ago, ALGAYDO said:

Isn’t feminism supposed to be about equality? Sounds to me like you’re making different standards for women than for men 👀 

no, I'm reacting to the situation based off the standards already put in place. this man isn't a victim of anything, end of story. and as others pointed out, theres videos of him agreeing to kiss her, or "consenting" :eyeroll: 

Was it playful, cute and with good intentions? Of course. But that doesnt mean we should let it slip or glorify it, specially when if you reverse the roles, the whole media would be destroying the man kissing a 19 year old girl.

The double standards in this thread are depressing.

blackthorns
On 3/18/2018 at 1:14 AM, aaronyoji said:

ew.

honestly as a rape victim, I wouldn't have an issue with that! If someone brought up their sexual assault (although lesser, but still a sexual assault by definition) to relate to my sexual assault, I wouldn't be mad. In your hypothetical situation, your american idol contestant is arrogant to a rape victim and minimizes the harm of sexual assault. In reality the conversation would likely be much more polite and used as a way to open a conversation on a mutual and potentially traumatic experience, and would be used as a "hey I've got your back".

your second paragraph is........ a lot to unpack. 

its not idiocy, its a genuine question. how would people respond differently if the genders were swapped out? shouldn't we feel that strongly against sexual assault towards everyone?

men are not viewed as weak, thats true, but that doesn't mean a man is somehow a totally different species who should just totally not be bothered by sexual assault. trauma is trauma no matter who it happens to, and the idea that men should man up if they're assaulted is........really shitty to be very blatant. 

IT SHOULD get the same reaction though. getting your butt slapped by a stranger is scary and alarming no matter who you are-the difference is that men are expected to man up and laugh it off. the effect on the victim is the same, the only thing thats different is how people expect victims to act. and thats not ok.

If you need me, you know where to find me: seeking validation and self-love in my dumpster

Archived