celeb

Katy owes #MeToo an apology

PunkTheFunk

Featured Posts

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatislaps

oh boohoo you got ur first kiss from a superstar and you didn't like it because it has to be special....christ it's not that special :smh: get a grip

It's a non-consensual kiss and I can see why that is a problem, but come on given this situation: Katy probably only kissed him to congratulate him..it's not like she was going to snog you

psm92pp.gif

StarlightSeiya
4 hours ago, TED said:

People make such a big deal out of small things, it's annoying. SJW's, you ruining internet for me.

^^

Bone Apple Tea bebe

hausofcy

He gave consent the moment he walked over to the table. It wasn’t even a real kiss. People should leave Katy alone tbh. 

🇯🇵

Reality

If he says he feels fine with it (which he did in his Instagram post), then I don't see any reason to berate Katy anymore. I do agree that there is a double standard because I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that are like, "What are you guys talking about? You're overreacting, this isn't a big deal," but then if they saw Lionel Richie do that to a young girl, they'd be all up in arms about it. 

That being said, he cleared up the situation and said that he didn't feel assaulted by Katy, and that should be the end of the story. There's no room to discuss it anymore. The whole point of fighting for the #MeToo movement and all the people out there who are victims of rape, sexual assault/harassment is to make sure that they feel safe. If he feels safe and doesn't feel like he was assaulted, then that's it. 

🖤👹

Bazaar

Lmao I don’t even know if I should take this seriously but what ever... 

He was clearly walking to her knowing she was about to kiss him, it’s not that she jumped on him and kissed him by surprise. 

People need to talk about some important stuff and not about this. :sweat:

Killa
4 hours ago, LateToCult said:

Oh...is this a bad time to bring up that she called a 17 year old male contestant cute a couple times? :cryga:

but he was, darn cute.

the whole thing is she flirting with boys

if SJW's wanna be picky they should just tell how all her act on the show is double promoting double standards. Cause if it was a girl, oh boy

Oh and the boy sure liked it, i think she just untapped a new side of him. He liked the adolation way too much

Reality
5 hours ago, TED said:

People make such a big deal out of small things, it's annoying. SJW's, you ruining internet for me.

I definitely can't speak for everyone, and while I do agree that this might be blown out of proportion, I can see where some people are coming from. If it were the exact same circumstance, except with Lionel Richie and a 19-year-old female contestant, the internet would be fuming with this.

My problem isn't with the kiss itself—since he came out with that Instagram post saying that he didn't feel assaulted or harassed—but with the situation. I feel like it's rooted in society's views on how sexual men and women are. For example, when you have a young guy flirting it up with an older woman, people always sort of "praise" them, but when you have a young girl and an older man, it's immediately shut down as sexual assault/harassment. 

I do think some elements of this are due to SJW trying to make a big deal, but I also think there is some validity in what they're saying. 

🖤👹

SCAR 97

Because I think most guys in those situations (myself included), would love to indulge in a kiss with Katy Perry, I see little harm. The outcry isn't surprising though.

What is most problematic to me is that she said to the hot guy "don't respect me". Thats a worse look imo

ryanripley
9 hours ago, sladygaga said:

It said he didn't enjoy it all and made him very uncomfortable. If he met Katy somewhere and she asked him he would have straight up told her NO. Still pretty ****ed up you cant just go audition for a part without some rich person aggressively invade your personal space. 

he has 2 posts on instagram where he says its fine and he feels fine lol

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

666 others

Why do people fail to see violation if the violator is a female celebrity? :huh:

:holyshit:

Glamourpuss
49 minutes ago, SCAR 97 said:

Because I think most guys in those situations (myself included), would love to indulge in a kiss with Katy Perry, I see little harm. The outcry isn't surprising though.

What is most problematic to me is that she said to the hot guy "don't respect me". Thats a worse look imo

What does she mean by that? Why would she say that? :sweat:

SCAR 97
10 minutes ago, PussyGlam said:

What does she mean by that? Why would she say that? :sweat:

He calls her "ma'am"

She says "don't call me ma'am"

He says he just has so much respect for her in response

Then...

jaXXXon
11 hours ago, RadioIsOurs said:

I mean I wouldn't mind being kissed by anyone (without herpes) in this situation, so to me I don't find it bullying. There are just many things in life that will make you uncomfortable, and my way with dealing it is to just move on. 

I find it harmless when a woman hitting on me grabs my ****, but why was it a problem when Kevin Spacey did that to a guy at a bar? Exactly.

What Katy did was horrible, and if she were a man she'd have been fired. So this double standard should stop. This was harrasement but I bet women in Hollywood are going to stand by Katy's side and say "it's not the same."

Harrasment is harrasment. You're telling me it's wrong if James Franco pulls out his penis in front of his future girlfriend and gets attacked for it, but Katy forcing to kiss a total stranger who's 12 years younger than her isn't?

Archived