💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

The Grudge Reboot Announced

Coop

Featured Posts

Coop

Variety reports Sony Pictures' new take on the movie will star Demian Bichir (The Hateful Eight) and Andrea Riseborough (Battle of the Sexes). Nicolas Pesce reportedly will direct from a script he wrote. Production is set to begin in May, but no release date has been set yet.

demian-bichir-andrea-riseborough-720x404

“We are so excited about this new adaptation,” Raimi said. “We went back to the original source material to deliver a relentless supernatural thrill ride that explores the horrors of American suburbia.”

The original film came out in 2004 and stars Sarah Michelle Gellar. The story follows an American nurse, portrayed by Gellar, exposed to a supernatural curse while working in Tokyo. This curse sends a person into a powerful rage before killing them and spreading to another victim. It was a remake of the Japanese horror film Ju-on.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/03/15/sam-raimi-announces-the-grudge-reboot-and-cast

Maleficent

Why are we remaking movies that are only 14 years old?

inb4 remake of Gaga's ASIB comes out before Gaga's ASIB 

shame

it'll flop but I'll stan anyway if the new Kayako serves iconic choreo like this :lolly:

tumblr_m6l0m11Pe21r5rawlo1_500.gif

angels forever, forever angels

Reginald

Please please please be better than the God awful latest American Ring movie. I'm still pissed. I waited so many years for a new Ring story :saladga:

High King
2 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

Why are we remaking movies that are only 14 years old?

inb4 remake of Gaga's ASIB comes out before Gaga's ASIB 

It’s just another adaptation of the original Japanese film. The Grudge was kind of rediculous, but it’s a cool concept, so they have an opportunity to do something really creative and interesting with this property. 

The Japanese ghost genre is kind of dying out, so I’m curious to see if they can bring it back in a big way. 

Sizzily

wtf is it supposed to be if it isn't the original place, dark hair, Japanese spirit?

One Banned Boi

Pacify Him

Ok but the first one (The Curse) is better than The Grudge — overrated and not scary

I’m getting on your nerves

Chromatislaps
18 minutes ago, TheShameMonster said:

it'll flop but I'll stan anyway if the new Kayako serves iconic choreo like this :lolly:

tumblr_m6l0m11Pe21r5rawlo1_500.gif

serving

Jessica Germ

Omg that movie gave gives and givera me life forever :tony: Hope the remake doesn't flop tho

Miel

I'm curious if they're gonna go the route of the American remake series (origin story relatively the same, still in Japan, but with a white character), or completely retrofit it to the "horror of American suburbia" aka redo the whole origin story. I'd be excited for the latter, because it is slightly new territory.

Also, yay for Demian Bichir.

3 points in and ready for more

River

why? :selena:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

weed

I hope it's serious and actually really good (not that The Grudge was bad it scared the **** out of me, just lots of remakes/recent horror movies tend to be sooo extra and jump scare-y, like why not make something actually decent....)

RebeldeFaith

Get ready for 27485832113838 jump scares and no horror.

Let's hope they never touch The Ring ever again.

Something something idk

Inferno

Im down if they make it better than the horrible 00s adaptation, not that it should be too hard but knowing how american horror movies tend to be they could f*ck it up even worse.

Archived