đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My Problems with Million Reasons and Perfect Illusion

corvus albus

Featured Posts

corvus albus
2 minutes ago, Doncho said:

Joanne the song on the other hand, now THAT is a lifeless rendition. The Joanne piano version did the song justice.

Joanne has the same problem as Million Reasons just more severe so more people notice it. It was a goddamn relief when Gaga released the Piano version of Joanne. Especially the last third of the song is so powerful while the parts before sound so angelic that i can only cry a tear or two

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, McMonster08 said:

My problem with those two songs is their videos:trollga:

Same. The songs are good in my opinion. I really like them but the MV for Million Reasons is a damn mess. Although I personally like the Perfect Illusion MV but I know it's not for everyone. 

I can totally understand Perfect Illusion not being on the list, but I haven’t seen your other thread so I don’t know what songs you actually put on it. 

I would imagine MR is on a lot of people’s lists. 

2 hours ago, corvus albus said:

26fvb7.gif

**** off! In my point of view i stated valid criticisms.

If you want me to gush over Gaga songs that most LM underappreciate just ask for my opinion on Telephone and The Cure

I approve of the Michael Myers gif, as well as the love for Telephone. 

The Cure not so much :selena: 

1 hour ago, Doncho said:

:oprah:

I disagree with this. I think the emotion is perfect on the studio version. Joanne the song on the other hand, now THAT is a lifeless rendition. The Joanne piano version did the song justice.

I enjoyed the original version for what it was, it was merely decent. 

But the piano version is beautiful and should have not only replaced the original one on the album,  it it should have been the ballad that was pushed, not Million Reasons. 

Glamourpuss
2 hours ago, corvus albus said:

26fvb7.gif

**** off! In my point of view i stated valid criticisms.

If you want me to gush over Gaga songs that most LM underappreciate just ask for my opinion on Telephone and The Cure

Can I have your opinion on those please? I'm curious. 

Glamourpuss
8 minutes ago, Doot said:

I approve of the Michael Myers gif, as well as the love for Telephone. 

The Cure not so much :selena: 

I enjoyed the original version for what it was, it was merely decent. 

But the piano version is beautiful and should have not only replaced the original one on the album,  it it should have been the ballad that was pushed, not Million Reasons. 

I agree with the part I've put in bold because the piano version is beautiful and 10x better than MR. 

However, I believe MR was put as a single because PI, MR and John Wayne are a trilogy that were supposed to be together. If she released Joanne as a single, even though it's the song that defines the whole Joanne era, it wouldn't have fit the trilogy which was about losing the love of her life, dealing with the pain and heartbreak and then getting over him. 

Chuckles
4 hours ago, McMonster08 said:

My problem with those two songs is their videos:trollga:

Perfect Illusion video is good, MR on the other hand....

Sweet Olive

The only thing I agree with is that she give her best renditions with live performances. Why not make the studio version like that? For example Tihty. I get used to higher octaves and variated choruses, and then when I hear the studio versions is a big let down.

corvus albus
14 minutes ago, PussyGlam said:

Can I have your opinion on those please? I'm curious. 

Telephone was supposed to be a mindless club banger and to sell ringtones (back in 2010 you actually had to buy ringtones) and for what it's worth Telephone did its job way better than expected. The song is simply about a guy calling her at the club but the music makes this song seem so much bigger and more epic than it actually is. It's one of the best pure dance songs ever released up there with I Wanna Dance With Somebody and Hung Up.

The Cure on the other hand feels lke a intimate conversation between Gaga and Sonja and i love the quiet somber atmosphere of the song. Right when it seems that Sonja gives up Gaga comes in and sings with all her power I'LL BE THE CUUUUREEEE!!!. I appreciate the song because of the sweet and caring nature of the lyrics that the singer (Gaga) doesn't give up a loved one even if the battle is already lost. I know that a lot of people didn't enjoy that the song sounds like a tropical rehash but at this point it comes down purely too taste. The song probably stood out so much for LM because it sounds completely different from the Joanne era we were still in at the time.

corvus albus
1 minute ago, Sweet Olive said:

The only thing I agree with is that she give her best renditions with live performances. Why not make the studio version like that? For example Tihty. I get used to higher octaves and variated choruses, and then when I hear the studio versions is a big let down.

That sadly often happens to me in regard to her ballads because they are so driven by her voice and the music that a studio version can never live up to the live version.

corvus albus
33 minutes ago, Doot said:

I approve of the Michael Myers gif

So you're probably a killer main with michael myers? If so you are everything i hate about dbd :ladyhaha:

shane_c

My problem with it is the lyrics "dry way" and "to cut through all his worn out leather".  I think I know what they mean, but they just sound odd.

Otherwise it's pretty good. I immediately thought it was the best song on the album.

ryanripley
4 hours ago, corvus albus said:

Here we go:

I went with Poker Face as comparison to Perfect Illusion because they both have messy production. Then i compared the lyricism of the two and Poker Face came out on top like i said in my original post.

As for the layers you were talking about: if i have to dissect the music of a song to hear what's good in it you failed as a producer. If the song parts separately sound good but not together you failed as a producer. kapische?

there's nothing wrong with the production minus the fart in PI

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Monsterish

It's sad that you can't appreciate the powerful and universal ballad that is Million Reasons at all :madge: Some ppl still laughin when I say Million Reasons is the side-b of Bad Romance, so it's one of her best songs, imo :classy:

22 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

So you're probably a killer main with michael myers? If so you are everything i hate about dbd :ladyhaha:

I don’t know what dbd is 

Archived