💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Jamaican songwriter sues Miley Cyrus

Featured Posts

Cuchulainn

Guy is just hoping to hit the jackpot in a get rich quick scheme. He and his lawyer should be ashamed of theirselves.

Eighteen

i feel like maybe she might have lifted that little phrase but is that illegal? it's a small phrase for god's sake. like in hip hop sometimes i can hear phrases here and there people borrow from other popular well-known songs? 

Eggsy
2 minutes ago, Eighteen said:

i feel like maybe she might have lifted that little phrase but is that illegal? it's a small phrase for god's sake. like in hip hop sometimes i can hear phrases here and there people borrow from other popular well-known songs? 

I see what your saying but if she did its kinda horrible not to give credit.. I mean can you imagine struggling as a musician for decades, to have your lyrics stolen and become a global hit just because whos lips they came out of? I mean may be a bad voice. But song writing credits would have been nice.. 

But this is hypothetical if she actual took his lyrics. 

Enceladus

I tried to sue Lady gaga because she used the word ‚baby’ several times in her songs although I've already used the word in one of my songs. tragically, her lawyers laughed at me. Maybe it will work next time

giphy.gif

Inferno
On 3/14/2018 at 4:21 PM, Eggsy said:

I see what your saying but if she did its kinda horrible not to give credit.. I mean can you imagine struggling as a musician for decades, to have your lyrics stolen and become a global hit just because whos lips they came out of? I mean may be a bad voice. But song writing credits would have been nice.. 

But this is hypothetical if she actual took his lyrics. 

Its not lyrics though. Its not even a full verse. Its a phrase and they didn't even take it verbatim.

Its one thing to lift an entire original melodic arrangement or a verse word for word, but a phrase? This guys just trying to make some money. 300mill is a ridiculous sum thats meant to be a ploy to get peoples attention and talking about it so that itll sway RCA and theyll reach a settlement.

Also people need to stop discussing this as if its Miley that lifted it. Shes just a puppet, who on her production team is going to reference some random reggae artist? Mike Will obviously. This is basically his lawsuit with her name on the front.

Archived