💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Katy's Impact on Gaga

shame

Featured Posts

shame

We often think Gaga is the main influencer for the other pop girls...

orig-21511448.jpg:stalkga:

...but what if we were underestimating Katy’s impact, especially on Gaga?

Exhibit A
In an early alternate MV of Thinking of You, Katy ends up killing her boyfriend in bed. This was around 2006-7. A year or two later, Gaga is deemed a notorious Boyfriend Killer in several of her music videos.
The similarity is more striking in Bad Romance.

UEF0dvZ.png

outlook-4.jpg?quality=80&strip=all

Spoiler

Exhibit B
In 2010, Katy released the E.T. music video, where Katy wore interesting avant-garde makeup while gravitating in space in a unique latex costume. A year later, Gaga released the BTW video, which emulated the extraterrestrial vibe of E.T.  

Katy-Perry-and-Lady-Gaga-Born-this-way-and-E-T-katy-perry-vs-lady-gaga-20747202-322-700.jpgarticle-1301672839249-0b6fc32700000578-4

Exhibit C
Katy covered Gaga’s BTW song at a show sometime around March 11, 2011 where she sang it in a country-esque toned-down acoustic tone. Two weeks later, Gaga releases Born This Way (Country Road Version) on YT which sounds pretty similar to Katy’s version, or at least perhaps took cues from its style.

Exhibit D
Katy’s 2013 song called ‘By the Grace of God’ is about wanting to give up (on life) but then finding solace in God’s love.
LYRICS:
Looked in the mirror and decided to stay
Wasn't gonna let love take me out
That way

Gaga’s 2016 Christian ballad ‘Million Reasons’ bears some resemblance as it also talks about wanting to give up something but then holding onto that one true reason (aka faith) to keep going.
LYRICS:
I've got a hundred million reasons to walk away
But baby, I just need one good one to stay

Both songs emphasize the need for “staying”. Katy’s ballad about self-worth probably inspired Gaga to venture into a toned-down era. After all, Gaga was in the audience during Katy's BTGOG Grammy performance. Hence, we eventually got Joanne.

Exhibit E
This one is probably more self-explanatory. Check out the hair and makeup.
MTV VMAs 2017
unknown.png?width=800&height=472

2018 Grammys
Lady-Gaga-2018-Grammys.jpg

So what is the truth? :oprah:

Is Katy just as influential as Gaga and have they mutually inspired each other in their work? They’re both personally close to each other so it must be that they sometimes share their ideas and help each other out in the industry! :hug:

ab8d4d77e71f5e802272755abca242fa--a-lady-lady-gaga.jpg:flutter:

Thots? :kara:

angels forever, forever angels

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
weed

Except ET came out after Born This Way, replacing it as #1 on BB lol

thank u for reinforcing Gaga's influence on Katy :gaycat: ahaha

ryanripley

lmao Katy is dressed like Dany in the last one so....

also this isn't gaga

ab8d4d77e71f5e802272755abca242fa--a-lady

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

benKo
6 minutes ago, TheShameMonster said:

That way

6 minutes ago, TheShameMonster said:

've got a hundred million reasons to walk away

Plagiarism

6 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

lmao Katy is dressed like Dany in the last one so....

also this isn't gaga

ab8d4d77e71f5e802272755abca242fa--a-lady

yeah i was gonna say, who is that?! lol

Mirrion Rizzons
13 minutes ago, TheShameMonster said:

We often think Gaga is the main influencer for the other pop girls...

orig-21511448.jpg:stalkga:

...but what if we were underestimating Katy’s impact, especially on Gaga?

Exhibit A
In an early alternate MV of Thinking of You, Katy ends up killing her boyfriend in bed. This was around 2006-7. A year or two later, Gaga is deemed a notorious Boyfriend Killer in several of her music videos.
The similarity is more striking in Bad Romance.

UEF0dvZ.png

outlook-4.jpg?quality=80&strip=all

Reveal hidden contents

Exhibit B
In 2010, Katy released the E.T. music video, where Katy wore interesting avant-garde makeup while gravitating in space in a unique latex costume. A year later, Gaga released the BTW video, which emulated the extraterrestrial vibe of E.T.  

Katy-Perry-and-Lady-Gaga-Born-this-way-and-E-T-katy-perry-vs-lady-gaga-20747202-322-700.jpgarticle-1301672839249-0b6fc32700000578-4

Exhibit C
Katy covered Gaga’s BTW song at a show sometime around March 11, 2011 where she sang it in a country-esque toned-down acoustic tone. Two weeks later, Gaga releases Born This Way (Country Road Version) on YT which sounds pretty similar to Katy’s version, or at least perhaps took cues from its style.

Exhibit D
Katy’s 2013 song called ‘By the Grace of God’ is about wanting to give up (on life) but then finding solace in God’s love.
LYRICS:
That way

Gaga’s 2016 Christian ballad ‘Million Reasons’ bears some resemblance as it also talks about wanting to give up something but then holding onto that one true reason (aka faith) to keep going.
LYRICS:

Both songs emphasize the need for “staying”. Katy’s ballad about self-worth probably inspired Gaga to venture into a toned-down era. Hence, we got Joanne.

Exhibit E
This one is probably more self-explanatory. Check out the hair and makeup.
MTV VMAs 2017
unknown.png?width=800&height=472

2018 Grammys
Lady-Gaga-2018-Grammys.jpg

So what is the truth? :oprah:

Is Katy just as influential as Gaga and have they mutually inspired each other in their work? They’re both personally close to each other so it must be that they sometimes share their ideas and help each other out in the industry! :hug:

ab8d4d77e71f5e802272755abca242fa--a-lady-lady-gaga.jpg:flutter:

Thots? :kara:

lmao ET CAME OUT A MONTH AFTER BTW HAHAH

AndrewGr
14 minutes ago, TheShameMonster said:

LYRICS:

Maybe they both copied Sam Smith (Stay With Me), the first gay man to put the word stay in a song :diane:

I mean Katy definitely had impact on pop music, but this thread is a reach

𝕞𝕪 𝕓𝕚𝕘𝕘𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕪 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕖, 𝕡𝕠𝕡 𝕒 𝟡𝟙𝟙

Archived