opinion

"Gaga: 5 Foot 2" Is Underrated

Yo GagaGaga

Featured Posts

Yo GagaGaga

I noticed how aggravated everyone was about these underrated/overrated threads

so I made one

PKfFPtE.gif 

I think that the Gaga doc was surprisingly underrated by this site/fanbase and no one really talked about it much after it came out. For years monsters have been mad at Gaga for teasing documentaries and then not getting finished, and when we finally get one the reception was kind of underwhelming. For the most part everyone really enjoyed it, and it gave a better perspective on her life, but it seemed like everyone forgot about it within a month. 

Now here's my sort of true sort of conspiracy theory on why that is.

I blame netflix :icega:

Obviously netflix gave her the opportunity to have a mainstream release to her documentary, and gave her full creative power, but they didn't market it at all. I know this isn't a new issue, and a lot of people have been talking about this since its promotion, but I think this is why people stopped talking about it so quickly.

First off the promo:

I know its not normal for Netflix to do, but with a documentary being released about the person who just headlined the halftime show, they could've advertised it more on TV (did they at all? I don't remember, but it wasn't enough if they did). They just kind of released the trailer on youtube and didn't try to get another audience besides her fanbase to watch it.

Then the actual release:

There was virtually no promotion for it on Netflix, at all. I kept checking at the time I didn't see any banner for it, and it wasn't even featured in the 'new releases' section (at least for mine) which is basically the 'Today's Top Hits' Playlist but for Netflix users, so it could've gotten a lot more str8s to watch it. Then, a few days ago I, finally 6 months after its release, I see it it the recently added section :saladga:.

I love the documentary, and I think it could've been a lot bigger than it was if Netflix tried to get people to watch it at all. 

that's all :lolly:

River

Nah.. it's just most of the people don't really care about documentaries..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

SHALLOW

Well, i mean. For me personally it was more about the content. I would’ve loved to see her talking about the ARTPOP backlash instead of bashing it the only time she mentions it

Yo GagaGaga
Just now, River said:

Nah.. it's just most of the people don't really care about documentaries..

great.

JSadbOB.gif

ryanripley

MC says its one of the most discussed movies :rip:

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

ryanripley
2 minutes ago, HYPODERMIC0 said:

Well, i mean. For me personally it was more about the content. I would’ve loved to see her talking about the ARTPOP backlash instead of bashing it the only time she mentions it

how did she bash it?

Yo GagaGaga
2 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

MC says its one of the most discussed movies :rip:

I mean she also can't read suddenly so can we really trust her judgement?

:trollga:

ryanripley
Just now, Yo GagaGaga said:

I mean she also can't read suddenly so can we really trust her judgement?

:trollga:

MC is Metacritic :poot:

Yo GagaGaga
Just now, ryanripley said:

MC is Metacritic :poot:

oh :classy:

Spoiler

how many #1s does metacritic have?

QIO9d16.gif

Yo GagaGaga
Just now, Alan123 said:

March, the month of the underrated threads. :awkney:

18 minutes ago, Yo GagaGaga said:

I noticed how aggravated everyone was about these underrated/overrated threads

so I made one

PKfFPtE.gif 

my underrated thread could mean anything

SHALLOW
9 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

how did she bash it?

She said that she was just a girl when she made ARTPOP, implying that she was immature and kinda excusing herself for that.

ryanripley
3 minutes ago, HYPODERMIC0 said:

She said that she was just a girl when she made ARTPOP, implying that she was immature and kinda excusing herself for that.

she said she was a girl who was lost and said she's now a woman who's lost, that's not bashing ARTPOP at all :sharon:

if anything, she was bashing herself

I personally loved it and have watched it multiple times (around 6 or 7 at this point). 

But you also need to take into account she was filming the making of what most people consider to be her boring album. It’s tame, so you aren’t really going to get wild and wacky Gaga of lore. 

Its 90% her making Joanne and crying 

ryanripley

wait, netflix did promote the f*ck out of it lol

they had a huge countdown on the home screen

Archived