DutchHooker

Do you agree?  

393 members have voted

1. 1. Is Venus overrated or not?

• Yass, it is overrated huntie
    • Nah-ah, Venus snatches my wig sis

Featured Posts

synched

So sorry but have to agree with the OP. It's just a bad attempt for a hit song and it came out super repetitive and annoying. To the ears of GP the song sounded like one huge noise and the lyrics are cringy as hell :toofunny: the whole ARTPOP mess is just...

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
synched
19 minutes ago, Venuss said:

Overrated?? and why the verses ruin the song?? it's very fit and nice tho?!

btw the meaning of the song and why she put scorpion on her face if u still don't understand :toofunny:

Hide contents

The reasons why she put scorpion on her face it's bc she's channeling Marina Abramovic 

gagaabramovicscorpion.jpg

The meaning of the song: "...This song is a hybrid of a couple [of] different things. One of those things is Venus, the goddess of love as, you know, Roman and Greek mythology, and then is also about the planets. So, this song is about faith, but it's also about finding faith in other places, in the beyond, and my experience with love being something that took me up a really long time to find. So it's really psychedelic and it really takes you on a journey (...) This song is really about sex, but it's about sex on the most mythological way."

OMG that's the cringiest most pretentious explanation to a song i've ever seen lol 

that was Gags' explanation for the song, wasn't it? :toofunny:

"One of those things is Venus, the goddess of love as, you know, Roman and Greek mythology, and then is also about the planets." SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THIS SENTENCE MEANS I'M DYING LOL

ordinarynam1310

tbh, there only 3 songs that could be singles on ARTPOP and that's Applause, DWUW and MANiCURE. 

The rests of the songs are like walking on line between good experimental music or just completely generic and boring

Mythos

Yeah, kinda it is, but when the Chorus kicks in... gurl, it's just one if not her best chorus.

DutchHooker
30 minutes ago, Mythos said:

Yeah, kinda it is, but when the Chorus kicks in... gurl, it's just one if not her best chorus.

Yeah, that's my point though, the chorus is really great, which makes the song barable, but the verses.... nah-ah.. ruin it..

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

DutchHooker
9 hours ago, ordinarynam1310 said:

tbh, there only 3 songs that could be singles on ARTPOP and that's Applause, DWUW and MANiCURE. 

The rests of the songs are like walking on line between good experimental music or just completely generic and boring

Well... I would swap MANiCURE with XXX dreams and gypsy..

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

DutchHooker
10 hours ago, definthejam said:

So sorry but have to agree with the OP. It's just a bad attempt for a hit song and it came out super repetitive and annoying. To the ears of GP the song sounded like one huge noise and the lyrics are cringy as hell :toofunny: the whole ARTPOP mess is just...

Some songs are very nice though, XXX dreams (itunes version), gypsy, donatella (without the EDM), applause (is ok, not lead-worthy, but alright), DWUW (without Kelly)..

DutchHooker
10 hours ago, Phlop said:

Venus isn’t quintessential? GUY had odd verses and a weak chorus. The production was it’s only redeeming quality. 

Gypsy is the most radio friendly song on ARTPOP. I don’t like it either, but it would’ve been cute.

Indeed, they had to choose Gypsy as a single..

AFRODITA
19 hours ago, monster78619 said:

All demos seem off at first if they're from a song you listen to on the daily, but the demo had elements or removed elements that I disliked from the original so I loved it right away

except for the bridge.. the bridge should've stayed in the demo :cryga:

true. i think that at least she could've kept the instrumental, because it's pure f***ing gold and it goes hard af.

chorus backing vocals are eargasmic.  the chorus vocals that ended up on the album do nothing for me :( 

her best choruses are bad romance/scheiße/aura/applause

DutchHooker
4 minutes ago, maxmore said:

chorus backing vocals are eargasmic.  the chorus vocals that ended up on the album do nothing for me :( 

her best choruses are bad romance/scheiße/aura/applause

The problem for Aura is the same as for Venus:

Good Chorus
Good Bridge
Very bad verses

Archived