DutchHooker

Do you agree?  

393 members have voted

1. 1. Is Venus overrated or not?

• Yass, it is overrated huntie
    • Nah-ah, Venus snatches my wig sis

Featured Posts

UM OKAY..

This production is PURE GOLD, this to say first.
such a complex pop production is not a thing you get to hear a lot, especially not new singles that comes out nowadays. This piece as is a process her team went thru, And the leaked demos won't contradict me. 

Second- this cover art, as a photographer-
Steven went really hard core with the concept for this photo. Setting up a studio for a picture like that, could take seriously HOURS, and the concept speaks by itself. It visually shows the 80's vibe of the music and really is, for me, is building a whole sort of a graphic package for the single.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glamourpuss

I do think it's overrated but for a song that Gaga produced herself it's amazing. But I really don't like the bridge to be honest because of the "don't you know my ass is famous" line. It ruins it for me. I know y'all think it's iconic but it makes me cringe. 

High King

It’s definitely one of the messiest songs release by a major pop artist. You can tell it was produced by someone with no experience, I’m happy she never attempted that again.

Phlop
On 3/13/2018 at 11:03 PM, DutchHooker said:

One of the worst you mean, ARTPOP as an album isn't bad, but Venus.. "ROckET nUUUmbere NIne TakE OFF Toó the pleeeenet.. to the plenut VENUS" :selena:

That lyric is a reference to Sun Ra, a psychedelic jazz artist. It goes with the 80s production and even 80s horror photoshoot.

Venus is the most Art + pop song on the damn album.

I get you dont like it, but your ignorance is showing. 

BYE

FameHookah

DELETE THIS OMG the song is one of the best in that album next to DWUW and Applause.

WTF is MDNA

LADY APHRODITE

That production that vocals that epic vibes VENUS DESERVES RESPECTS AND WIGS YALL:grr:

RocketNumberNine

she had a big plans for venus... But the single choices were always wrong and confusing at the ARTPOP era...

BellaDonna

I liked the concept of the song but it just translated poorly for me. I feel visually it would've made a cool video if she'd went along with the bleach white hair and scorpion thing, but the song is just so silly and doesn't have much power behind it. 

FATCAT

I swear GGD falls for bait and switch faster than anyone else on planet earth. These thread topics are made to get responses.

Purr more, hiss less.

PartySick

Venus is overrated.
Lady Gaga isn't talented.
ARTPOP isn't her best album.
The best Pop-tarts are the cookies and cream ones.
The Earth is flat.
I'm heterosexual.

I see why OP made this thread :lolly: lying is pretty fun :lolly:

đŸ–€

On 3/16/2018 at 4:38 AM, Phlop said:

That lyric is a reference to Sun Ra, a psychedelic jazz artist. It goes with the 80s production and even 80s horror photoshoot.

Venus is the most Art + pop song on the damn album.

I get you dont like it, but your ignorance is showing. 

THIS IS BEAUTIFUL WHAT IS THAT

Archived