Will Ed Sheeran be Remembered?...

rumours

Featured Posts

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rumours
3 minutes ago, Doot said:

If you continue to make threads about him, how can anyone forget?

Have I made a bunch of threads about him?

Just now, Rumours1977 said:

Have I made a bunch of threads about him?

Lol it wasn’t intended to be shade (also I went straight to page 7, I didn’t see who made the thread, I would never shade you cuz you mah fran)

rumours
10 minutes ago, Doot said:

I would never shade you cuz you mah fran

Awwwww Ahl iss forgevven :hug:

Spoiler

Oar ess et?

tumblr_oshrf9ESv81tuuhzio1_250.gif

edengowon
5 hours ago, PussyGlam said:

I know what you were saying and I agree. She'll be remembered for years to come. When we are long gone she will still be known by the next generations like Beethoven is today. 

Oh, I'm surprised you understood, I found it hard to understand myself at times. XD

You understand my point exactly :D

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Hallonkola
On 2018-03-13 at 6:29 AM, hellothing said:

Why is this a question? He's so... Blah. Remember Jason Mraz? I love that guy but I doubt my kids will know who he is. Now Madonna on the other hand, even with just an inkling, I think future generations will have an idea of who she is. Same with Gaga. 

One fun fact, I thought Jason Mraz's song "I'm yours" was Bruno Mars until last month when I read about it here on GGD :toofunny: I'm a flop

Considering Grammy awarded sheeran for one of the most uninspired songs I have ever listened to with really cheap lyrics and considering that you (@OP) are basing his future popularity on grammy success, which basically means nothing at this point anymore, I'd say ed sheeran isn't going to be around much longer, especially considering the fact that songwriters that don't push boundaries and stick to a really banal formula and themes will quickly lose "inspiration" due to the fact that this niche is already overpopulated.

Also, does his songs last? Would you listen to his songs for the 504th time for example? I know I'm sitting here and I am still enjoying Venus (for example) massively, even after listening to it for hundreds of time.

KyliesChild
On 3/12/2018 at 4:20 PM, GagaRhino said:

Ed, The Chainsmokers, Dua Lipa will all be forgotten within decades. Gaga will be like the Beethoven of her era. It's when you compare actual talent and temporary success. Gaga has one of the biggest fanbases of any musician, just think, you're on a website that BEARS HER NAME and she has many more. She's infamous and has exhibitions in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame but Ed doesn't.

lmfao don't compare gaga to beethoven ever again 

BeIIadonna

That's like saying will Rihanna or Justin Bieber be remembered :trollga:

Of course he will be remembered in some shape or form 

Scarlet Bitch

No.

𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔦𝔰 𝔪𝔶 𝔡𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢 𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔯, 𝔦 𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔤𝔥𝔱 𝔣𝔬𝔯

Haven't read the whole thread, but I don't know why LG is being compared to him. Both artists have made enough classics that will be remembered, so that alone will make both artists remembered. I don't hate Ed like some people do. I think he is a talented musician. However, he is the type of artist who is riding momentum right now. Once musical cycles change, he will not adapt and thus will fade away. It's just the type of artist he is. Not a bad thing really, it's just some artists are not as versatile. Alicia Keys is another one. She did not weather the the dance/pop storm like her peers Bey and Rih did. Like Alicia, Ed will still be working until he retired because he has the talent. He will have no problem booking gigs (eg. tributes) and will always be able to tour. But he will not be regarded the same way as LG will.

Archived