Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will Ed Sheeran be Remembered?...

rumours

Featured Posts

BornSimon

I was talking about this with my boyfriend just a couple of hours ago.

There's legends like Eric Clapton and Michael Bolton... and then there's legends like Michael Jackson and Madonna.

Ed Sheeran can be a Bolton if he likes, but we all know Gaga is the actual legend of our generation. Awards and sales mean nothing when you look back at tons of other real legends like Bowie and Prince.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rumours
27 minutes ago, BornSimon said:

Ed Sheeran can be a Bolton if he likes, but we all know Gaga is the actual legend of our generation. Awards and sales mean nothing when you look back at tons of other real legends like Bowie and Prince.

That’s a very interesting comparison! 

Thats a great way of explaining it (imo) :)

Chromatislaps
8 hours ago, Rumours1977 said:

Will Ed Sheeran be remembered longer than Gaga?

He’s had more success with these last two album cycles than Gaga has had with anything except The Fame. 

Moreover, he was able to get two different Grammys this year without even attending the ceremony (talent). 

Have you all applied for your Ed Sheeran stan cards?

Reveal hidden contents

:selena:

He will only be remembered by ATRL and GGD for sharting on stage I think (he told that in detail in an interview :awkney:)

oprah_noisasentence.gif

RadioIsOurs

As much as people here like to trash on him, the GP is gonna remember him very well as that guy that sang my wedding song, which is actually better than not being remembered at all. As for Gaga, well...people are already starting to remember her like her career's already long over....

RadioIsOurs
5 hours ago, MonsterDITD said:

Ed, The Chainsmokers, Dua Lipa will all be forgotten within decades. Gaga will be like the Beethoven of her era. It's when you compare actual talent and temporary success. Gaga has one of the biggest fanbases of any musician, just think, you're on a website that BEARS HER NAME and she has many more. She's infamous and has exhibitions in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame but Ed doesn't.

I agree that Gaga will be remembered but isn't it a stretch for you to say that those artists will be forgotten when the charts and GP has always eaten them up? Whether they are 'iconic' to you or not, unless they are one-hit wonders, they will be remembered one way or another.

rumours
1 hour ago, Derpplause said:

He will only be remembered by ATRL and GGD for sharting on stage I think (he told that in detail in an interview :awkney:)

oprah_noisasentence.gif

Wouldn't that make Ed a Sharting relatable qween?

oprah_noisasentence.gif

MJHolland

Will One Direction be remembered?

I think the only tween girl craze start that will be remembered is JB for some reason 

djBuffoon
10 hours ago, Cheesy Potatoes said:

There are uncountable amounts of successful artists,

but only some of them are icons,

the fact is Gaga is one he isn't

This. Ed is massively successful, no one can take that from him. But so far, he has yet to take any risks that could define his contributions as anything other than popular. And frankly, that may not even be his goal. Bon Jovi has spent decades making enjoyable, inconsequential music that took liberally from what was happening on the radio at that time, and Sheeran is doing the same here. And that's fine.

rumours
3 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

What impact and influence has he had on the industry? :oprah: 

Well, he’s been nominated for Grammys by his peers. Let’s just say he went home with two more Grammys than Gaga this year. :laughga:

Moreover, he has had considerable commercial success with each of his eras. Look how long Shape of You has been on the Hot 100 for example. 

While he isn’t necessarily my favorite artist, I can’t deny that he has had great commercial impact on the music industry. 

Quartz

Why is this a question? He's so... Blah. Remember Jason Mraz? I love that guy but I doubt my kids will know who he is. Now Madonna on the other hand, even with just an inkling, I think future generations will have an idea of who she is. Same with Gaga. 

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

edengowon
6 hours ago, RadioIsOurs said:

I agree that Gaga will be remembered but isn't it a stretch for you to say that those artists will be forgotten when the charts and GP has always eaten them up? Whether they are 'iconic' to you or not, unless they are one-hit wonders, they will be remembered one way or another.

They will be remembered but they'll be remembered as 'just another pop singer'. Lady Gaga will be remembered as that girl who wore the meatdress. Before JLS and Destiny's Child were some of the biggest artists but very few people who were born after 2000 will remember either. Lady Gaga will be remembered in the same way as David Bowie, Elton John, Michael Jackson or Madonna, she's a legend. Dua Lipa, the Chainsmokers will become popular then drop out of the charts, the Chainsmokers have already done that. Ed Sheeran will be remembered but not in the same special way as Gaga. Just as some people will remember James Madison or James Monroe but not as much as Thomas Jefferson or George Washington.

the artist formerly known as melancholia

McMonster08
16 hours ago, Alvaro Moreno Ullrich said:

Nope he is nothing. But gaga is like hiv. She stays forever in you 😍

Gurl:air:

Laceface

He'll be known for generic music that is similar sounding and guitar based, nothing shouts out as a signature song (shape of you perhaps), where as Gaga will be for her art, fashion, defined hits & legendary status.

I honestly don't know how Ed has stuck around for this long or made it this big in the US, there have been plenty of similar 'indie' UK artists that had like 1-2 respected albums then faded away

Archived