💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Rihanna is 12 years and 9 months Into Her Career

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

So i thought this could be kind of cool to look at. 

Rihanna is one of the longest "surviving" female acts to debut this century.  

So i wanted to look at where other female acts were 12 years and 9 months into their careers. 

I chose the start date as the month an act had her first song chart on the Billboard Hot 100. 

Rihanna's first single "Pon de Replay" debuted on the Hot 100 in June of 2005. 

So here we go...

Rihanna currently has 24 Top 10 hits and 11 #1 songs (as a lead). She has released 8 proper albums and 2 remix albums. She is 30 years old. 

Madonna - July 1996

12 years and 9 months into Madonna's career it was July of 1996. By this point Madonna had earned 29 top 10 hits and 11 #1 songs (as a lead artist). She had released 6 proper albums, 2 soundtracks, 2 greatest hits albums and 1 remix album. She was just finishing her greatest hits era and was about to start her Evita era. She was 37 years old. 

long96d.jpg

Whitney Houston -  November 1997

At this point in Whitney's career she had 19 top 10 hits and 11 #1 hits (as a lead). She had released 3 proper albums and 2 soundtracks. She was just finished promoting The Preacher's Wife soundtrack era and was about 1 year away from doing the My Love Is Your Love era. She was 34 years old. 

1551556_10152731188444805_3562564277419505538_n.jpg?1412005359

Janet Jackson (based on the Control album being her "first") - November 1998

At this point in her career Janet had 20 top 10 hits and 8 #1 songs (as a lead artist). Starting with the Control album (which is viewed as her commercial breakthrough even though she had released two other albums in the early 80s), she had released 4 proper albums, 2 remix albums and 1 greatest hits album. She was in the middle of her The Velvet Rope era. She was 32 years old. 

jj_ReneElizondoJr2_2.jpg

Mariah Carey - February 2003

At this point in her career Mariah Carey had 21 Top 10 hits and 15 #1 songs (as a lead artist). She had released 7 proper albums, 1 Christmas album, 1 soundtrack album, 1 EP,  2 greatest hits albums. She was in the middle of her Charmbraclet era. She was 33 or 32 years old (her exact age is unknown). 

Cjs1k1_UoAAjoeM.jpg

Britney Spears - August 2011

At this point in Britney's career she had 11 top 10 hits and 4 #1 songs (as a lead). She had released 7 proper albums, 1 EP, 1 remix album and 2 greatest hits albums. She was in the middle of her Femme Fatale era. She was 29 years old. 

article-2031436-0D9DDD2C00000578-879_634x1048.jpg

Christina Aguilera - March 2012

At this point in her career Xtina had 8 top 10 hits (as a lead). She had released 4 proper English albums, 1 Spanish album, 1 Christmas album and 1 greatest hits album. Christina was a judge on the second season of The Voice and was about 6 months away from starting her Lotus era. She was 31 years old

d8e94e91163aa588a255c5a887548316.jpg

P!nk - November 2012

At this point in her career P!nk had 12 top 10 hits and 2 #1 songs (as a lead). She had released 6 proper albums and 1 greatest hits album. She was in the middle of her The Truth About Love era. She was 33 years old. 

pink-2012-amas-7.jpg

Kelly Clarkson - June 2015

At this point in her career Kelly had 10 Top 10 hits and 3 #1 songs (as a lead). She had released 6 proper albums, 1 Christmas album and 1 greatest hits album. She was in the middle of her Piece by Piece era. She was 33 years old

kelly-clarkson-2015-capital-fm-summertime-ball-04.jpg

RAMROD

Get ready for Spring. May 7th. Where she will co-host MET Gala this year. Which I am guessing will also kick start her other plans for this year.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

rumours

Cjs1k1_UoAAjoeM.jpg

While I know this era (and the predecessor Glitter) was a mess for Mariah, she really did look stunning during it. 

PunkTheFunk

Gaga - January 2021

After finishing her two-year Vegas residency, Gaga confirmed rumors that she was pregnant with her first child, and announced that she would be taking a "small" break to focus on her family. "I'll be back soon my little monsters!" she tweeted, and then disappeared for 16 years.

0b6d6a2d38c72925d1356e072479c4bb--lady-g

Wow they were still scoring big hits 12 years into their career and had amassed a lot of chart success by that point which is really impressive. Managing to be musically relevant is rather difficult. Props to them! 

Rih keeps adapting and succeeding all while evolving her sound. If you listen to Anti and her debut it's insane how much she has grown as a artist. Hope her next album she is a little more involved (though I know she co wrote a lot of her newer material). I'd still like for her to venture a little more and take bigger risks because if anyone can do that and still be successful it is 100% Rih! :heart: 

Xoxo Adriana

Katy Perry - 2020

article-0-0F45B7BE00000578-266_634x474.j

After the underperforming and cringeworthy 'Witness'. Katy died of shock from the 0 hits she made since PRISM. Then Capitol records revived her dead body into a machine, in the manner that Katy tried reviving FrankenWitness multiple times during the era. She now spends her days adding more singles from the Witness album and has anticipated the release of her newest re-release: Witness - The Complete Rejection. 

Halsey - 2025

fd8f84f1617e8619234e8467b52e3dd2.jpg

You thought she was finished after Hopeless Fountain Kingdom? Well, you were right. Halsey now spends her time collecting Cookie Monster memorabilia and caring for her 12 blue kittens, that she personally dyed blue. She also shares a stinky flat with the Chainsmokers, who's careers also tragically died.

Red Velvet
2 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Gaga - January 2021

At this point of her career, she had 3 top 1 hits, 14 top ten hits and she released 6 solo albums, 1 duet album, and 2 remix albums. She is in the middle of her LG6 era and she was 33 years old.

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

Eighteen
2 hours ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

She was 33 or 32 years old (her exact age is unknown)

wow

BBhomemaker

Beyonce - July 2010 

tumblr_ov72krdJ3q1th0iaso1_500.jpg

At this point in Beyonce's career She had 23 top 10 hits and 9 #1 (5 as a solo artist). She realised 7albums (4 albums with destiny's child and 3 in solo), 3 Ep, 3 live album, 2 soundtrack albums, her last single is "Why don't you love me" and her last hit is Telephone who she's featuring Lady Gaga, She ended her last tour the I am...world tour (108 shows) she was 28 years old .

The Louvre
5 hours ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Mariah Carey - February 2003

At this point in her career Mariah Carey had 21 Top 10 hits and 15 #1 songs (as a lead artist). She had released 7 proper albums, 1 Christmas album, 1 soundtrack album, 1 EP,  2 greatest hits albums. She was in the middle of her Charmbraclet era. She was 33 or 32 years old (her exact age is unknown). 

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

It's said the map of the world is on you. The moon gravitates around you. The seasons escape you.

Irrelevant
2 hours ago, Eighteen said:

wow

1 minute ago, The Louvre said:

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

It's true isn't it? Some sources said she was born in 1969, others said she was born in 1970

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

LateToCult

Do y’all think Gaga will get 6 more top 10 hits before she reaches 12 years and 9 months of her career? Any more number 1s?

TropicOfCANCER

why did you exclude xtina's number 1s?

3 solo (genie, what a girl wants, come on over), 1 feature (lady marmalade) and another 1 in 2013 with moves like jagger (yes im aware this was past 12 years into her career)

DiscoHeaven23
51 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

why did you exclude xtina's number 1s?

3 solo (genie, what a girl wants, come on over), 1 feature (lady marmalade) and another 1 in 2013 with moves like jagger (yes im aware this was past 12 years into her career)

oops totally forgot to add that. 

Cunty whore
8 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Gaga - January 2021

After finishing her two-year Vegas residency, Gaga confirmed rumors that she was pregnant with her first child, and announced that she would be taking a "small" break to focus on her family. "I'll be back soon my little monsters!" she tweeted, and then disappeared for 16 years.

I cackled so hard :laughga:

Archived