đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will there ever be another huge pop moment?

ryanripley

Featured Posts

ryanripley

so after watching the iHeartRadio awards to wait for Delicate video (a song i love btw) only be disappointed, i couldn't help but feel: no wonder pop music has died :madge:

personally, i feel like nothing in mainstream pop happens anymore and it almost feels like these new generations of stars aren't brave enough to pull off a VMAs 2009 2.0 and some of the older/current generation are too focused on staying commercially successful

to me, the last big moment in pop was probably the release of Lemonade because of how visually stunning it was and the scandal of Jay Z cheating on Beyonce (i would say gaga's superbowl could be classed as an event but that feels a little bias, even though it was an event)

if you think i'm being blind to anything major that's happened since 2016 then please voice your opinion kindly because personally, i can't think of another time since Lemonade where EVERYONE was talking about a certin album/video/performance :shrug: i miss those times when gaga's videos were so anticipated and praised (no disrespect to the Joanne era videos but they weren't really eventful, just simple videos that did the job) and when i would wake up after the grammys or whatever award show and there was a performance everyone was sharing and retweeting because it was just pure fire :firega: 

am i just getting old? do gaga and madonna finally need to surprise release a collab single? do you think pop has become uneventful too?

thanks for reading :nick: 

edit: i guess LWYMMD was an event too since taylor had finally broken the silence but it's a shame she couldn't follow it up with more incredible videos and it died pretty quick :S 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryanripley
Just now, sipthistea said:

Yes

giphy.gif

i'd like to think so, i just feel so... unentertained by the mainstream industry right now

TheWitness

LWYMMD & Swish Swish’s vidéos were moments but For the wrong reasons :toofunny:

OP : Yes how long is the question 

Host Of Lyricasism

ryanripley
Just now, bayonse said:

yes

who from? cus it feels like 10 years or so ago, gaga was churning out event after event which each video and performance

ryanripley
Just now, TheWitness said:

LWYMMD & Swish Swish’s vidéos were moments but For the wrong reasons :toofunny:

SS was a moment? :poot: 

TheWitness
Just now, ryanripley said:

The video was a kii and a half and everyone was slamming it :poot: 

Host Of Lyricasism

DutchHooker
1 minute ago, ryanripley said:

Only the feature of Nicki Minaj was a moment, the rest is non-existent. :reductive:

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

sipthistea
6 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

i'd like to think so, i just feel so... unentertained by the mainstream industry right now

lol I know, I was just joking. 

But I understand. This industry is very lackluster right now. But I believe a new artist will rise and make things challenging and entertaining again, just like Gaga did 10 years ago. 

Yes I believe there will be more huge pop moments, but I think the veterans in the music industry will be the only ones to pull it off and give us that effect. Unless the world recognizes a future Gaga, Beyonce, or Adele then they’ll probably change the game.

TheWitness
2 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

who from? cus it feels like 10 years or so ago, gaga was churning out event after event which each video and performance

If done right my moneys on Ariana’s lead

Host Of Lyricasism

bayonse
2 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

just wait lol this happens every decade its normal

no more parties in LA

ryanripley
Just now, KING said:

Yes I believe there will be more huge pop moments, but I think the veterans in the music industry will be the only ones to pull it off and give us that effect. 

i want another Lemonade, i wanna log onto GGD one day and see everyone freaking out other something whether it's gaga or whatever, i want. to be SHOOK. :madge: 

TheRoof

of course ,  when the new  pop girl of the Prophecy:trollga: will rock the industry with her debut:firega: just like

2008 gaga

1998 britney 

and that's the TEA

FQK15l8.gif

Archived