💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Kylie Minogue

ChromaticaPunk

Featured Posts

ChromaticaPunk

So I'm finally getting around to listening to Kylie Minogue's discography :excited2: I knew about her when I was a kid but by the time I was a teenager Gaga had arrived :trollga: so I've never got around to listening to her :sweat: am I right in saying she's the previous generations Gaga? :huh: anyway is there any album that's regarded her best or worst? I would prefer to leave the best until last :awkney: thanks :wub:

Lucas

Fever is usally regarded as her best, if you want it last, then start by Body Language or Aphrodite, they are the easiest ones to get into after Fever.

I know her albums from Impossible Princess to Kiss Me Once (last album she released) and in my opinion the worst of these is X, but the one regarded as worst (because very generic) is Kiss Me Once

Memento

all u need to know is that impossible princess and kylie minogue 94' are her best works and are timeless masterpieces

Talk **** on me again ill sandwich your fuggin face

KyliesChild

she is definitely not the previous generation's gaga at all since kylie's career is somewhat different compared to her contemporaries. her best albums are probably impossible princess or fever, however any of her albums would most likely be enjoyed by a pop enthusiast.

Just now, Memento said:

all u need to know is that impossible princess and kylie minogue 94' are her best works and are timeless masterpieces

agree. there are so many sexy and interesting cuts on impossible princess. i still listen to 'too far' relatively often.

Glamourpuss

No she's not the previous generations Gaga. She has had some good tracks and chart success and is a gay icon but she was never at the level of Madonna or Gaga. She wasn't really at Britney and Christina's level. 

I'm not trashing her. I grew up with her music and that's how I saw her. 

Spock

Kylie's album can be divided into three categories, each corresponding to the different labels she was signed up at the time

80s pop extravaganza (PWL) - her first four albums: Kylie, Enjoy Yourself, Rhythm of Love, Let's Get To It
90s Indie Kylie (Mushroom) - Kylie Minogue and Impossible Princess
2000s pop queen legend (Parlophone) - Light Years, Fever, Body Language, X, Aphrodite, Kiss Me Once

so there's something for everyone. Her worst albums are considered to be Kiss Me Once and Let's Get To It, but that doesn't mean they don't have a few gems. Her 90s albums are really good, but I wouldn't get into them without having listened to the others first (especially Impossible Princess). Many people consider Impossible Princess to be her best, but I've been a stan for more than 15 years lol and I still can't get into it

tbh if I were you, what I would do is listen to Ultimate Kylie (a two disc greatest hits compilation that slays and has a really complete look at her music) see what you like and then go from there

Ultimate_Kylie.jpg

who will love me when the night is over

bionic
16 minutes ago, Antichrist said:

the gay bop of our time :queenga:

this song is played each time a gay is born

buy bionic

HelloBarbara

Some of my favourite Kylie songs:

Confide in Me

Dancing

Wow

Get Outta My Way

2 Hearts

Spinning Around

Into the Blue

Love At First Sight

Too Far

Sexercize

Speakerphone

In Your Eyes

Hiiieee

River

Confide In Me >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all the discography of all the US pop singers

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

juju
1 hour ago, Like a vendetta said:

am I right in saying she's the previous generations Gaga? 

Gaga's more in line with Madonna, both being artists of high calibur innovative performance art.

Kylie is more straight-forward, enjoyably unpretentious pop music. Like Britney, but more present in her work.

My favorite albums are Body Language, X, and Aphrodite - they are all phenomenal pieces of music that impressed me more than the works of other legends. Her first two albums are undoubtedly the worst. But from the third album on, everything is perfection. She truly is the Queen of Pop welcome to the Lovers family :sara: 

❤ x ❤

YeehawKylie

Light Years/Fever/Body Language are typically regarded as her strongest years of work (1999-2004). That being said, I think her eras typically breakdown as such below and all have very diverse, strong components: 

1987-1992 | Kylie, Enjoy Yourself, Rhythm of Love, and Let’s Get To It

1994-1998 | Kylie Minogue and Impossoble Princess 

1999-2004 | Light Years, Fever, and Body Language

2007-2014 | X, Aphrodite, and Kiss Me Once

To answer whether she’s a past generations Gaga? She has a friendship and influence on Gaga, yes. I don’t think Kylie is quite done, and if anything, I would say Gaga is this generations Kylie Minogue. However, Kylie will always be Kylie and Gaga will always be Gaga, even when she hits her 50s.

Haralampos

This is my top 12

1. Impossible Princess (techno, alternative, indie/experimental)

2. X (electronic, dance, pop)

3. Kiss Me Once (synthpop, funk, r&b)

4. Aphrodite (dance, bubblegum pop, disco)

5. Kylie Minogue (house, pop, acid jazz)

6. Fever (dance, pop, nu-disco)

7. Body Language (dance, synthpop, r&b)

8. Let's Get to It (pop, r&b, new jack swing)

9. Light Years (disco, europop, latin)

10. Kylie (bubblegum, new wave, dance)

11. Rhythm of Love (dance-pop, disco, funk)

12. Enjoy Yourself (bubblegum, dance pop, teen pop)

Some albums might be higher for your taste. Actually for me the first 10 albums in my list are good enough to put in any place you like 'cause the most of them are top anyway. All the albums have dance/pop elements, except Impossible Princess.

P.S.: She has also amazing B-Sides on each era.

ToxicHot

Her best album is Kylie Minogue :wub: 

Her best song is Chocolate :lolly: 

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Archived