Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

First Three Tomb Raiders Receiving Remasters On Steam

ryanripley

Featured Posts

ryanripley

The first three Tomb Raider games, each of which released during the late '90s, are receiving remasters on Steam. If you own the original DOS versions on Steam, you'll be able to grab these remasters for free.

TR1remaster_5F00_610.jpg

Realtech VR, a developer that previously ported Tomb Raider 1 and 2 on mobile, is behind these upcoming remasters. As such, the PC remasters will be based off the mobile versions, support OpenVR, and feature a new 3D engine. 

Realtech also announced that a Tomb Raider 3 mobile port is in the works, and will be showcased in early April before its release. Last year, the company showed off footage of the unreleased PC remasters on YouTube. You can view a couple of these videos below.

The remastered releases of Tomb Raider 1, 2, and 3 don't currently have a release window or price range (if you don't own the originals). Late last year, Square Enix teased that a new Tomb Raider is on its way, and that we'll hear more in 2018.

Read more: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2018/03/11/first-three-tomb-raiders-receiving-remasters-on-steam-free-if-you-own-originals.aspx

I AM SHOOK

2018 IS THAT YEAR

LARA IS C O M I N G
tumblr_inline_oaraidirGF1tpwy2m_500.gif

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Melmoth

Wow, I love these remastered versions of the old games, they bring back so many memories :diane:

Ryusei

S H O O K I love these 3 games so freaking much. I played through TR2 like 20 times probably haha. Hopefully they'll remaster 4 and 5 too

Musery

mvstraw

there's also a fanmade remake of Tomb Raider II, there's only a demo of the first level available at the moment, but it's really good:cryga:

ryanripley
Just now, mvstraw said:

there's also a fanmade remake of Tomb Raider II, there's only a demo of the first level available at the moment, but it's really good:cryga:

his work is amazing, idk why they didn't just give him some funding and a team so they can sell a product the fanbase wants

he has to do it all by himself with his own money but it'll take him years :giveup: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

mvstraw
1 minute ago, ryanripley said:

his work is amazing, idk why they didn't just give him some funding and a team so they can sell a product the fanbase wants

he has to do it all by himself with his own money but it'll take him years :giveup: 

ikr, this has so much potential. :selena: he can't even receive donations because Square Enix owns the rights and they will sue him:giveup:

ZephyrInTheSky

Omg i havent played the first ones in like 17 years....I'm 27. :awkney: So nostalgic.

31 minutes ago, mvstraw said:

I'm just shook and in awe, did he make it by himself? It looks so good.

There can be 99 bottoms in the area but all it takes is 1 top to believe in you.

Archived