💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you think televised award shows will disappear?

sipthistea

Featured Posts

sipthistea

Awards shows have been popular since the invention of the television. They used to be a topic of conversation, even the press had heavy coverage about them. But with the rise of the Internet in the last decades, award shows are not the same as they used to be, leading to a decrease on the ratings and a lack of interest by the public. Let's talk about the VMA's and the Grammys for example. These shows used to be huge back in time, and now people have lost interest partly because of the lack of entertainment and how predictable they've become. But also because the internet is the main focus rather than the show itself (Trends, memes...)

Do you think these shows will disappear with the time? Do you think they will transform into something else? 

Discuss. 

The Child

They will transform into something else. They can’t totally disappear.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

I think the Grammys will remain since it is the biggest. But I could see some of the smaller ones go like Billboard and even AMA and MTV. 

Babel

I think they will sooner or later move to streaming services like Netflix or Hulu. Most people watch the shows on illegal livestreams so there's not point of still refusing to make the jump.

ryanripley
1 minute ago, Triggered said:

I think they will sooner or later move to streaming services like Netflix or Hulu. Most people watch the shows on illegal livestreams so there's not point of still refusing to make the jump.

surprised they haven't done this already tbh

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

The Grammys, Emmys, Oscars, and Tony Awards will remain but will keep with time and technology. The others I don’t think will stand the test of time, they’ll probably get renamed or revised completely. 

Catnikko

I feel like the quality of the grammys and VMAs has dropped so drastically in the past 10 years and that's why no one cares for them anymore 

holy scheisse

I think TV in general will disappear. 

TV killed the radio

The Internet killed TV

Poissonche
21 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

I think TV in general will disappear. 

TV killed the radio

The Internet killed TV

What will kill the Internet?

holy scheisse
11 minutes ago, Poissonche said:

VR? Some sort of biotechnology? Idk! But whatever it is will integrate the internet and take it to the next level. Just as the internet transformed video consumption, and TV transformed audio consumption.

We can't even conceive it!

imnotyourbabe10

Anyone else okay with technology's "bad" parts getting dead?  Kill social media, dating apps, etc.  Open up more books, libraries, journalism, science! 

ryanripley
2 minutes ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

Anyone else okay with technology's "bad" parts getting dead?  Kill social media, dating apps, etc.  Open up more books, libraries, journalism, science! 

no cus without social media, i can't advertise my art :lolly: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

sipthistea
1 hour ago, Poissonche said:

Trips to space :derpga:

River

Nah it's just artists giving to each others award just to raise their ego a little bit more.. they won't let it go away..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived