Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

All pop/mainstream sounds the same

Quark

Featured Posts

The Child
18 minutes ago, Adriana Lima said:

OMG...

Yes. Another queen to devote my existence is on the way. :)Ā I dont know why but this made me happy

Iā€™m so gonna laugh at myself if by December we still donā€™t have a musical revolutionĀ :selena:

18 minutes ago, Blond said:

Madonna?Ā :giggle:

Madonna doesnā€™t fit this narrative cause sheā€™s simply the Queen of pop.

ā€˜If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.ā€™ ā€˜Abduā€™l-BahĆ”

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ryusei

It's funny because there are so many awesome non-mainstream/radio artists almost moreso than ever but the mainstream is going down the drain so freaking hard...

Musery

Glamourpuss

Yeah so true. I was recently listening to all these different artists you mentioned to give them a try to see if they are any good and was appalled that every song sounds so similar.Ā 

Makes me appreciate Joanne a lot more. I think this is why Gaga said about Joanne that she made music she would listen to herself because I think even she doesn't like what's in the charts.Ā 

IAmNotHere1997
49 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

Itā€™s 2018, just be patient, every 10 years we have a musical revolution.

1998= Britney

2008= Gaga

1988= Kylie Minogue

Yuuri
43 minutes ago, ZephyrInTheSky said:

Shes here.Ā :triggered:Ā Gaga has retired.

I feel like the only interesting pop star we have right now is Dua Lipa. Then again i dont really know whos out there right now...

I'd say Dua Lipa isn't the next huge pop star. She may do great radio wise, but stage wise she can't excite a crowd.

Ā 

Quark
1 hour ago, adammonroe said:

Honestly it depends on how your ears are working. I can tell the differences between all of them.Ā 

I guess you did not read my op clearly.

AlexanderMagno

Pop singers/mainstream artists have always sounded the same. The 50s, the 60s, the 70s, the 80s, even the 90s, if you had listened to radio back then you would say the exact same thing. There are always a few who are different, and then the majority falls into the popular trend. Stop feeling sorry for yourself or music.

Like it or not, tropical house was a huuuuuge trend, huge really. I know GGD loves to hate it, but it was actually a big thing in the music industry and we will have to wait till we witness another great trend dominating the scene.

Taide
1 hour ago, Blond said:

Of all flavours and you decide to be saltyĀ :madge:

When Gaga created this world she also invented something called sarcasm.Ā :hor:

sis I know, I was kiddingĀ :interestinga:

We just need someone with the actual talent to really wow an audience with a live performance again. I honestly donā€™t think any of the current female Pop stars have the stage presence to cut it as the next legend in pop, itĀ needs to beĀ someone that blows you away

StrawberryBlond

I can tell them apart but that's probably only because I actively listen to all music and listen to full albums from them, so it's easier for me to differentiate. If I only heard them occasionally or one song each, I'd be lost. When I first heard Zara Larsson in 2016 singing Lush Life, I genuinely thought I was hearing an old Rihanna track from 2005. And I wondered why an old Rihanna song was getting played on radio and in ads. And then I found out that it was a new song by someone named Zara Larsson. I don't know how a white Swedish girl ended up with a Barbadian twang to her voice or if she was deliberately copying Rihanna's distinctive sound in the hopes of replicating her success. But it hasn't exactly worked out for her.

I honestly thought by this point that there would be another huge pop icon seeing as its been a decade since Gaga came on the scene and the big game changers normally come along in those time frames. I thought by around 2014, there would be another big name coming up and they'd be super huge but then die out by about their third album. But no one's even done that. The music industry just can't seem to push out huge stars anymore. So few of them have any kind of real star power so it's no surprise that they just fade away.

Quark
2 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I can tell them apart but that's probably only because I actively listen to all music and listen to full albums from them, so it's easier for me to differentiate. If I only heard them occasionally or one song each, I'd be lost. When I first heard Zara Larsson in 2016 singing Lush Life, I genuinely thought I was hearing an old Rihanna track from 2005. And I wondered why an old Rihanna song was getting played on radio and in ads. And then I found out that it was a new song by someone named Zara Larsson. I don't know how a white Swedish girl ended up with a Barbadian twang to her voice or if she was deliberately copying Rihanna's distinctive sound in the hopes of replicating her success. But it hasn't exactly worked out for her.

I honestly thought by this point that there would be another huge pop icon seeing as its been a decade since Gaga came on the scene and the big game changers normally come along in those time frames. I thought by around 2014, there would be another big name coming up and they'd be super huge but then die out by about their third album. But no one's even done that. The music industry just can't seem to push out huge stars anymore. So few of them have any kind of real star power so it's no surprise that they just fade away.

Is not that I can't tell them apart, but they feel the same. They don't really have a sound or artistry of their own. And even when I can tell them apart, their way of singing is very similar.

adamsenigma
27 minutes ago, Quark said:

Is not that I can't tell them apart, but they feel the same. They don't really have a sound or artistry of their own. And even when I can tell them apart, their way of singing is very similar.

Well I do get your point now, but the music industry has always been like that thoĀ :wtfga:

Quasi

Bless your ears with this Canadian QUEEN.Ā :giveup:

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

migamiga
6 hours ago, CrazyMonster said:

Itā€™s 2018, just be patient, every 10 years we have a musical revolution.

1998= Britney

2008= Gaga

2018: LG6Ā :staymad:

Archived