Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Barbra Streisand cloned her dog TWICE

sipthistea

Featured Posts

sipthistea

Barbra Streisand has revealed she successfully made two clones of her pet dog after it died last year.

The singer and actor told the Hollywood trade publication Variety that cells were taken from the mouth and stomach of her 14-year-old Coton de Tulear dog, Samantha.

“They have different personalities,” Streisand said of the puppies, called Miss Scarlett and Miss Violet. “I’m waiting for them to get older so I can see if they have her brown eyes and her seriousness

Thoughts?

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2018/feb/28/barbra-streisand-cloned-her-dog-twice-variety

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryanripley

i'd wanna clone my babies but would they still be my doggies if their personalities were different? :duck: 

anyways, here for barbra to invent and be the face of Jurassic Park

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

gstring

Umm kinda okayyy i guess as longa as no one clone a human except maybe just naruto :derpga:

Little little

Ricardo

what's the point then? also why not better adopt one, there are too many stray dogs out there waiting to be loved 

sipthistea

I don't think this is right.

She could have adopted another dog (There are many dogs up for adoption) instead of investing so much money in this. Plus she will never have her dog back. It's somehow creepy.

Where's the limit quite honestly ?

FATCAT
1 minute ago, Ricardo said:

what's the point then? also why not better adopt one, there are too many stray dogs out there waiting to be loved 

She didn't know going into it that they'd be different, the idea was to multiply a good thing, and it's a little problematic for celebrities to adopt from local shelters, I'd imagine. It's the same reason you don't see celebrities at the local IKEA haha

Purr more, hiss less.

The Fame

Sort of sounds like an unhealthy coping mechanism and an inability to healthily process grief. 

LUO YI

It’s her choice, you can’t do anything about it :spin: so yeah let her live her life

The night sky tells all

Edonis
15 minutes ago, GagaStefi said:

I think it’s kinda scary that we can clone things. :sweat:

It really isn’t if you understand how cloning actually works though :laughga: it’s not as wild as people think it is, and @sipthistea there are actual limits in most countries, so I’m assuming she had this done in some sketchy place (or company). Considering how much good cloning has done in the realm of medicine and biotechnology, I wouldn’t try to detract from the benefits and overall good that field of science has produced (not saying that you are, just a general statement). 

As for Miss Streisand...

Cloning your dead pets is honestly the dumbest thing imo. Personality is not fully determined by genetics, so of course the dog is going to have completely behavioral patterns. It’s a waste of money and time and really she could’ve looked into adopting other dogs from shelters, etc. instead of wasting perfectly good lab resources for something that is completely unnecessary but oh well. :spin:

I hope this clone tech is proven to be safe.

i don’t want her dogs diagnosed with some clone diseases or something and suffer. Human’s greed always take a toll on the nature.

hoebitch11
1 minute ago, Easy said:

I hope this clone tech is proven to be safe.

i don’t want her dogs diagnosed with some clone diseases or something and suffer. Human’s greed always take a toll on the nature.

nature itself... provides diseases... to kill us... which we gradually become immune to? So leik... It's nothing new tbh.

I love that she has cloned her dogs i want them to poop everywhere and be happy.

Archived