Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Streaming is Hurting Meghan

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

Matangi
1 minute ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

These are urban/hip-hop acts

Just check the Grammys nomination categories of the last three years.

the two things can overlap; pop music is and always has borrowed/originated from some other subgenre. "pop artists" aren't going to look the same as culture continues to shift/evolve.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DiscoHeaven23
Just now, Bio said:

You misspelled "black"

huh?

Grammy category of Best Urban Contemporary Album

These were nominees:

The Weeknd - Beauty Behind The Madness

Rihanna - ANTI

The Weeknd - Starboy

Matangi

when is ggd going to realize pop artists like the ones in the last decade aren't going to exist in the same way, and it isnt some conspiracy against white women, its that music is evolving and what is popular music of 2018, is "urban" lmao.

DiscoHeaven23
3 minutes ago, Matangi said:

the two things can overlap; pop music is and always has borrowed/originated from some other subgenre. "pop artists" aren't going to look the same as culture continues to shift/evolve.

OPu5DvW.gif

DiscoHeaven23
2 minutes ago, Matangi said:

when is ggd going to realize pop artists like the ones in the last decade aren't going to exist in the same way, and it isnt some conspiracy against white women, its that music is evolving and what is popular music of 2018, is "urban" lmao.

there is a difference between popular music and pop music though

Popular music is a generic term for a wide variety of genres of music that appeal to the tastes of a large segment of the population, whereas pop music usually refers to a specific musical genre within popular music.

Ferrer Zorola

yeeeeess ARTPOP original concept come through! this is the decay of the popstar 

I hope this results in pop girls returning with more force and ambition to create iconic moments 

the future of female pop is in the hands of TS, Selena Gomez, Demi and Ari

:pray:

LIFE IS GOOD

ordinarynam1310

Well on a worse case, streaming kick and push Gaga off the cliff :trollga:

Taylorrgh
38 minutes ago, nick4bty said:

Yeah, BB needs to figure something else, because every single pop star, literally EVERY SINGLE POP STAR, is being knocked out by streaming. BB charts are supposed to represent all audiences, and currently it only seems to represent the ones that listen to urban music on Spotify.

actually BB charts are suppose to represent overall popularity so, if a song has millions of streams compared to another one then the song is more popular. sad but true.

RadioIsOurs

Streaming let's the GP decide what become hits, and make those hits even bigger through playlists. Unfortunately, I can't say that the GP from today's generation have particularly good music tastes...

Taylorrgh
34 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

These are urban/hip-hop acts

Just check the Grammys nomination categories of the last three years.

of the course the grammys are going to label them as "urban artist" just because their black :toofunny:

weed

I just don’t understand the huge disconnect between iTunes and Spotify/streaming.... like I just don’t understand lol people have different tastes depending on the format they use for music?? Bc rap is by far dominating streaming, but pop songs usually do well on iTunes 

migamiga

Nah that just means her fans bought the song (plus the competition on iTunes isn’t much) and her labels pushing the record

GoldenPonyboy

Streaming aside, this is actually her best song. It is the catchiest song the be released this year so far. I'm suprised I like the song so much because I was kinda over her, but good on meghan for a nice lil comeback single. 

Lazarus

Streaming is a very irritating issue with the music industry at the moment. It devalues music greatly, and too much weight is placed on it in terms of charts at the moment. And, given that it is predominantly used by the younger generation today, it is dominated by whatever artists or genre of music is deemed 'trendy' by this younger crowd - These days, hard urban and very masculine, or 'bad*ss'/'edgy' types. That means that sugary, feminine electropop such as Meghan Trainor is not going to see much success in terms of streaming, because it's not a sound that is deemed 'cool' by that young crowd that predominantly utilizes streaming.

Not related to Megan Trainor, but this is why I personally predict Gaga will take a darker tone and aesthetic for LG6 - She needs that edge to regain some touch with today's younger crowd. :stalkga:

ugh

Is pop dead then? Like, I don’t think the pop scene of the end of the 2000’s will comeback

Or the definition of what is considered pop changed?

Like, classic rock on the past was considered pop, in that era, because it was really popular, but now it isn’t.

So now that urban/hip-hop is dominating, it could be the nowadays pop :oprah:

hope I’m making sense :laughga:

@Matangi explained better, just saw it :tony:

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

Archived