💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Streaming is Hurting Meghan

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

Matangi
2 minutes ago, Wigless said:

How is it evolution when we've been here before? The early 2000s called, they want their music taste back. It's a de-evolution. 

and the 80's called for gaga in 2009 lmao. music trends tend to be cyclical, don't act like there's definitive progression/regression in music taste.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StarstruckIllusion
15 hours ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Truth be told, Meghan has never proven herself to be more than one-hit wonder, so I'm not sure she's the right pop star to talk about when you discuss the effects of streaming.

Video killed the radio star. And streaming killed video star. Makes more sense like that. Lady Gaga and Katy Perry are the most obvious examples, they have been struggling to get into the streaming public.

Sis check her discography page. She's had like 5 hits. 

21 hours ago, Bloody hooker said:

I don’t think streaming is hurting her. She’s doing decent on the radio according to the OP. The song is catchy, but just needs more promo. One reason as to why her video hasn’t gotten pass 10 million views is due to current music trends,and how much people were wanting Meghan back.

To add on to the whole entire “pop music isn’t dominating, and only urban/hip-hop/rap/r&b music is” topic, here is what I have to say. Pop music isn’t going to dominate for the next 2 years. Everyone should realize that music popularity and trends change as time goes on. From 2014-2017, tropical House was the it thing. Guess what? It died out, and something else came back and replaced it. When the current hip-hop/rap/r&b trend ends, pop should come back, and allow all of our favorite pop girls and new comers to dominate once more.

I’m not going to sit here and pretend that I don’t want pop music to be full force again when I actually do want it back. However, I am enjoying what’s currently popular, because I have a diverse music taste and find the positive of songs.

Sorry for the long post.

Except by that time we'll be 40 and the pop girls will be today's Celine, Janet, Cyndi Lauper, Madonna, etc. Pop legends yes, but nobody really cares when they release albums anymore. Pop music is over. Our pop girls are over. And the white ones specifically, bc society wouldn't accept a white girl making Rihanna's ANTI. 

StarstruckIllusion
4 minutes ago, Matangi said:

and the 80's called for gaga in 2009 lmao. music trends tend to be cyclical, don't act like there's definitive progression/regression in music taste.

It's not gonna reach her Telephone bc Gaga actually did change that music, and was only influenced by it, while today's music sounds the same as last time. Yawn. 

Matangi
44 minutes ago, Wigless said:

It's not gonna reach her Telephone bc Gaga actually did change that music, and was only influenced by it, while today's music sounds the same as last time. Yawn. 

honey thats because you don't have an understanding of contemporary hip hop and urban music.  there are plenty of urban artists as revolutionary as gaga was, and plenty that aren't so revolutionary, just like in gaga's prime.

Inferno
On 3/9/2018 at 7:48 PM, Matangi said:

well yeah, but that's just how music tends to cycle. I don't think Gaga's dwindling success, however, has anything to do with urban music. possibly her radio and streaming today, but her stardom was, unfortunately, falling around 2012, due to bad management and not as quality/relatable music post BTW from my perspective. 

I wasn't putting it entirely on one factor so much as developing a theory as to one of them. I think urban domination is one factor setting her aside. Obviously if she releases something amazing enough people will be forced to pay attention regardless, ideally anyway.

Eddie

In my opinion it's not about streaming but what people now listen to, if urban music is popular now, it's because people listen to it and stream it. Music it's always been like that...a genre could be popular this year and the next year it could be at the bottom.:oprah:

What if tomorrow I see you again? Should I say that I used to love you?

Archived