1. 1. should be...?

• Fijación Oral Vol. 1
    • Sale El Sol
    • Laundry Service
    • She Wolf
    • Shakira.

Featured Posts

The Bling

Welcome to the Shakira – Oral Fixation Vol. 2 Megarate CEREMONY!

tumblr_m9cz17VALT1rbgeluo3_400.gif

Hope y’all are as excited as I am…

87d1393b0bbc587e2d772de0ab7212f6.gif

WE’LL START IN 12 HOURS

I’ll post one song every 15 minutes, so you have time to comment and meltdown and everything :giggle: I’d love to see as many of you here as possible :hor:

The album got an average of 8.136 :firega::firega::firega:

You can also have a look at the highest and lowest average scores:

Highest: 9.3 @Kandy life

Lowest: 6.625 @EvilRegal

If you want to know your average you can ask me :lolga:

Some commentary on the album:

8 Wow a perfect 8. This wasn’t my favorite Shakira album, but after listening to it over and over for this megarate I appreciate it a lot more. This is Shakira at her best, lyrically and musically. This is her most controversial work too, and it shows. This is the Shakira that I fell in love with. Vol. 1 is her best work though, stay perched for its megarate :firega:

@Salvador Sequea: 7.083 To me, lyrically vol. 2 is better, but musically and melodically vol. 1 wins :gaysia: Even though, I think vol. 2 is highly UNDERrated :toofunny:

@EvilRegal: 6.625 To sum up, I think Oral Fixation Vol. 1 is so much better (sonically, lyrically..) than the second one. The only good songs for me are Hips Don't Lie, The Day and the Time, Hey You, Something and Timor (:tony:) and the chanting part in How Do You Do?

Stay perchedT :staymad:

tumblr_o1qav1mI3i1uwr0mro1_250.gif

@The Bling @Salvador Sequea @Aleks @Flippy @Garzilazo @DISCOxHEAVEN @RAMROD @CyanDante @TheShameMonster @EvilRegal @JustifyMyLove @BBhomemaker @Kandy life @AndyGa @dit @Chiunzhan

RESULTS:

Spoiler

#12. Animal City [7.237]

#11. Illegal [7.525]

#10. Your Embrace [7.531]

#09. Hey You [7.668]

#08. Costume Makes The Clown [7.875]

#07. Dreams For Plans [7.968]

#06. How Do You Do? [8.187]

#05. The Day And The Time [8.218]

#04. Timor [8.421]

#03. Something [8.781]

#02. Hips Don't Lie [8.843]

#01. Don't Bother [9.375]

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yas! I cant wait to see the results for every song!

EDIT: also voted for Sale El Sol as the next megarate. Great, strong, cohesive album. Probably her last super strong body of work (she still delivers highlights in other albums after it but Sale El Sol marked the last time I felt her album was truly cohesive and STRONG all through out). It was such a happy and bright concept record. When you listen to it it's like you got kissed by the sun. It's warm. :heart: 

The Bling
39 minutes ago, dit said:

Yas! I cant wait to see the results for every song!

EDIT: also voted for Sale El Sol as the next megarate. Great, strong, cohesive album. Probably her last super strong body of work (she still delivers highlights in other albums after it but Sale El Sol marked the last time I felt her album was truly cohesive and STRONG all through out). It was such a happy and bright concept record. When you listen to it it's like you got kissed by the sun. It's warm. :heart: 

YES :giveup: EXACTLY :tony::tony::tony: I voted Sale El Sol too, Im SO EXCITED for that one it's surreal

I mean, Fijación Oral is her best work, but Sale El Sol is my favorite :hor:

The Bling

STARTING IN 15 MINUTES :staymad::staymad::staymad:

h6NoNMf.gif

@The Bling @Salvador Sequea @Aleks @Flippy @Garzilazo @DISCOxHEAVEN @RAMROD @CyanDante @TheShameMonster @EvilRegal @JustifyMyLove @BBhomemaker @Kandy life @AndyGa @dit @Chiunzhan

Any guesses which song will be the first to go? :hor:

HINT: I'm pissed at this one leaving this early :poot:

The Bling

Lord, forgive me, for I have flopped :air:

The Bling

#12: ANIMAL CITY [7.237]

QTxWWj0.png

11s: none

Highest: 10 @AndyGa

Lowest: 5 @Aleks

I’m quite sad that y’all dislike this song this much. I see why though, but… it’s a bop and deserves way better. Overall, not memorable, but not hated either.

9 This song’s really interesting. She sings to her lover, and she’s warning him about the dangers of being famous. It’s an animal city, a cannibal world. If you stand out, they’ll try to get things out of you. She was pissed in this song, and it shows. Who do they think they are? She’s still a person no matter what, it’s not like she transcended into something higher worthy of praise. This one’s aimed at all those losers that try to take advantage of you. The instrumental is FIRE too!

@dit: 6.5 I love the arabian style chanting in the beginning and the spanish / andalusian guitar in the beginning. I also like the rest of the song.  This too gives me nostalgia vibe but in a different way. It reminds me of music that would be in cartoons when I was young or something. I like the lyrics lol it has so much sarcasm and humor which is a key in Shakira's early english songs!

@Flippy: 6 meh. My least favorite track. To me it’s forgettable

CyanDante

Can't wait for Your Embrace to leave next! :icega:

giphy.gif

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

Chiunzhan
4 minutes ago, The Bling said:

#12: ANIMAL CITY [7.237]

QTxWWj0.png

11s: none

Highest: 10 @AndyGa

Lowest: 5 @Aleks

I’m quite sad that y’all dislike this song this much. I see why though, but… it’s a bop and deserves way better. Overall, not memorable, but not hated either.

9 This song’s really interesting. She sings to her lover, and she’s warning him about the dangers of being famous. It’s an animal city, a cannibal world. If you stand out, they’ll try to get things out of you. She was pissed in this song, and it shows. Who do they think they are? She’s still a person no matter what, it’s not like she transcended into something higher worthy of praise. This one’s aimed at all those losers that try to take advantage of you. The instrumental is FIRE too!

@dit: 6.5 I love the arabian style chanting in the beginning and the spanish / andalusian guitar in the beginning. I also like the rest of the song.  This too gives me nostalgia vibe but in a different way. It reminds me of music that would be in cartoons when I was young or something. I like the lyrics lol it has so much sarcasm and humor which is a key in Shakira's early english songs!

@Flippy: 6 meh. My least favorite track. To me it’s forgettable

What? How is Timor still in the game?

shame
1 minute ago, CyanDante said:

Can't wait for Your Embrace to leave next! :icega:

giphy.gif

tumblr_mog650rTU01s0ece6o1_500.gif

Say that again, fat :interestinga:

angels forever, forever angels

Archived