other

The Oscars are Homophobic/Transphobic.

bitchimtrying

Featured Posts

bitchimtrying
Just now, Poisoned said:

well idk lol.

i guess keep auditioning for those roles

Colton Haynes auditioned for Call Me By Your name and was refused the part, yet he is an openly gay man who has a large fanbase and would have been well suited for the role. It's not just about auditioning and being better; lgbt people have to work twice as hard to even be considered for roles in Hollywood. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryanripley
1 minute ago, bitchimtrying said:

Colton Haynes auditioned for Call Me By Your name and was refused the part, yet he is an openly gay man who has a large fanbase and would have been well suited for the role. It's not just about auditioning and being better; lgbt people have to work twice as hard to even be considered for roles in Hollywood. 

Colton doesn't really look 17 tho

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

bitchimtrying
3 minutes ago, John Wayne said:

Jared Leto won for Dallas Byers Club playing a trans character (i think) 

So, no, I disagree.

Is Jared Leto trans? No. Please re-read what it say. 

bitchimtrying
2 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

Colton doesn't really look 17 tho

That's no the role he auditioned for. plus you cant tell me that out of the hundreds of people that auditioned for those roles the only two people who were suited where two straight guys. It's not feasible.

ryanripley
1 minute ago, bitchimtrying said:

That's no the role he auditioned for. plus you cant tell me that out of the hundreds of people that auditioned for those roles the only two people who were suited where two straight guys. It's not feasible.

shook

he doesn't really have an older, intelligent vibe about him either though 

Poisoned
3 minutes ago, bitchimtrying said:

omg i might have liked it if Colton was in it lol

John Wayne
2 minutes ago, bitchimtrying said:

Is Jared Leto trans? No. Please re-read what it say. 

I did read what you said and I do see your point, but I think that they are still nominating and awarding these kinds of films, so they do aknowledge the lgbtq comunity. The only way I would see them as homophobic is if they pay dust to any movie that has a lgbtq background.

bitchimtrying
57 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Tbh that twitter thread is just them trying to get quick likes and retweets. If they really cared about this issue then they would criticize the more serious issue, which is the homophobic attitude of the film industry. The Oscars are just a side effect of that.

But the Oscars aren't a side effect. 

The oscar nominees are determined by ALL of Hollywood, they are voted on by members of The Academy, which is every actor, director, producer, etc. They aren't just chosen at random. The nominees are people that everyone in the entertainment industry thinks is the best. And they keep rewarding straight people who are portraying lgbt roles instead of rewarding lgbt people in lgbt roles.  

The oscars aren't a side effect, they are the representation of what Hollywood deems as acceptable. And they don't deem lgbt people as acceptable. 

Diamonster
25 minutes ago, Diamonster said:

So my countrie's movie will lose this year too according to this, it has a trans lead actress :cryga: probably to that shape of water movie. 

This made me kinda proud tho, that she was picked to be a presenter on the show as an open trans woman and all, even when I don't much like her as a person, she made something good in a close minded country.

https://www.wmagazine.com/story/oscars-2018-daniela-vega-presenter-a-fantastic-woman

Omg the movie won, I guess that's something?

bitchimtrying
14 minutes ago, John Wayne said:

I did read what you said and I do see your point, but I think that they are still nominating and awarding these kinds of films, so they do aknowledge the lgbtq comunity. The only way I would see them as homophobic is if they pay dust to any movie that has a lgbtq background.

Well you kind of just proved yourself wrong with your last sentence.

They are paying dust to movies with lgbt backgrounds. I'm not just talking about gay movies here; They don't nominate lgbt actors for playing straight roles in straight movies either.

Also also for example, Call Me By Your Name DOES NOT have a gay background. It is based off a book written by a straight man, the screen adaptation that turned it into a movie was written by a straight man, and it stars two straight men. Please tell me how this movie has a gay background. That is not an acknowledgement of the lgbt community. That is straight people taking lgbt stories, adapting them and then not allowing lgbt actors to portray that story. Not only that, but then these people are rewarded by getting an oscar nomination. 

sethrb101
23 minutes ago, bitchimtrying said:

17 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

shook

he doesn't really have an older, intelligent vibe about him either though 

That’s only one of the problems with Colton for that role, honestly. Colton is nooooot a good actor; I’m sorry. The movie would not have been successful with him in it :trollga:

I’m fine with the actors in CMBYN, but we do need more LGBT actors in LGBT and non-LGBT roles. I’m a firm believer in pick who’s best for the role, so for any possible role out there, if that happens to be someone LGBT, they should get the role. Period.

#Gaga2020

ryanripley
Just now, sethrb101 said:

That’s only one of the problems with Colton for that role, honestly. Colton is nooooot a good actor; I’m sorry. The movie would not have been successful with him in it :trollga:

I’m fine with the actors in CMBYN, but we do need more LGBT actors in LGBT and non-LGBT roles. I’m a firm believer in pick who’s best for the role, so for any possible role out there, if that happens to be someone LGBT, they should get the role. Period.

i don't like Colton either :sweat: 

sethrb101
1 minute ago, ryanripley said:

i don't like Colton either :sweat: 

Yeah... he’s not a bad person from I know, but he should stay away from acting probably 😬😬

#Gaga2020

andy232000

As much as I have remembering, Sam Smith won a couple of years ago, and Call Me By your Name is literally nominated for Best Picture...

even if CMBYN is not made by gay people it’s still an LGBT film. If the Oscars were truly homophobic why would they even bother with it?

Lextyr97

I mean it's not entirely the Academy's fault. Maybe there just weren't as many deserving LGBT actors

Archived