Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Beyonce not responsible for her acclaim

Quark

Featured Posts

Lucas
2 hours ago, DemeLarell said:

The latter. 

Inform me then.... What is she doing outside of music written by others ?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lost in limbo
15 minutes ago, Quark said:

Non of what you says disproves my point though.

None of what you said is grammatically correct, to start there. jk

Except it does. You said she's not involved in her work and is not responsible for her acclaim which I refered in my reply. 

http://www.redreidinghood.com/2012/09/get-your-glasses-online-at-smart-buy-glasses/

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

lost in limbo
11 minutes ago, GagaInTheZone said:

Inform me then.... What is she doing outside of music written by others ?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/beyoncé-has-always-been-political-you-just-didnt-notice_us_56b8d3d2e4b08069c7a827a7

"Of course, it’s easy to deny the idea that an artist like Beyoncé, arguably one of the most popular stars in the world, is political in any sense. Even her feminism has been questioned and criticized time and time again. But Beyoncé’s pro-blackness hasn’t only cropped up in her music videos. She and husband Jay-Z have quietly been involved social activism for years, from their support of the Obama campaign and their attendance at the Trayvon Martin vigil, to their donations to the Flint water crisis and bailing out of Black Lives Matter protestors."

https://www.beyonce.com/formation-scholars/

You can google out the rest, I'm sure you'll have plenty to look for.

Quark
12 minutes ago, HausOfAmericano said:

None of what you said is grammatically correct, to start there. jk

Except it does. You said she's not involved in her work and is not responsible for her acclaim which I refered in my reply. 

http://www.redreidinghood.com/2012/09/get-your-glasses-online-at-smart-buy-glasses/

I said she has limited involved compared to actual artists.

lost in limbo
16 minutes ago, Quark said:

I said she has limited involved compared to actual artists.

were you at the recording studio with her? 

OMG ARE YOU BEYONCE WHEN IS B7 COMING OUT BEYONCÉ DONT RELEASE A COLLAB ALBUM WITH JAY PLZ

kidding, kidding :poot: 

RudraCNG

Beyonce doesn't write any of his songs, she's not Gaga. At most, she changes "shove" for "love" so she can appear as a songwritter and receive royalties. Pretty common for nowadays performers. But hey, she's a very good performer.

jaXXXon

I disagree heavily. Beyoncé is the ONLY executive producer on Lemonade, which basically means she chose the concept, the songs, the themes and the artistic direction of that album. To say that that isn't something to praise her for is downright stupid. 

It takes talent to cohesively put such work together. Maybe she doesn't write the songs, but she definitely is wholeheartedly involved in making the record sound like it does. 

Her albums get acclaim as a whole piece of work. The acclaim goes to everyone involved, including Bey. I've never heard anyone say she is a talented songwriter or musician. When critics review an album they review the whole piece. Lemonade being acclaimed, for example, doesn't mean Bey is a great musician. It just means that the album as a whole is great. So I don't agree that she doesn't deserve the praise since no one is actually praising her as a songwriter.

1 hour ago, jaXXXon said:

I disagree heavily. Beyoncé is the ONLY executive producer on Lemonade, which basically means she chose the concept, the songs, the themes and the artistic direction of that album. To say that that isn't something to praise her for is downright stupid. 

It takes talent to cohesively put such work together. Maybe she doesn't write the songs, but she definitely is wholeheartedly involved in making the record sound like it does. 

Agreed. She deserves (and receives) credit for putting the album together. No one is calling her a great songwriter or director or whatever.

3 hours ago, VOLANTIS said:

So you think she’s extra? 

Since the OP very clearly compares Gaga and Beyoncé’s artistries... how the hell are we going to call Beyoncé annoyingly pretentious for using religious undertones in hers while we eat up “Goddess of Love” and “Meat Dress” like oxygen. :triggered:

To be fair, many critics and people call Gaga pretentious. Bey seems to get a pass, except from stanworld. 

3 hours ago, ALGAYDO said:

Oops. Sorry. I forgot we’re legally required to lick Beyoncé’s butthole every time we talk about her :/ 

I don't think you have to lick her butt, but you cannot say anything bad about her. You are, however, free to say what you want about Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran, Justin Timberlake, Rihanna, and others.

4 hours ago, DemeLarell said:

You act like she just sits there and waits for people to hand her stuff. She is very hands on and collaborative. It doesn’t matter what went into the song but rather the product. Some of the the greatest artist that walked this earth did what Beyonce is doing including the king of pop. Tbh the majority of music listeners don’t care about how many producers and writers wrote the song. They care about how good the song is. Let’s not discredit her. That’s like someone discrediting million reasons because Hillary Lindsay helped write it. 

I don't think there is anything wrong with needing a bunch of people to write something. But there is a difference between 5-6 people coming together and writing from scratch vs someone tweaking an already completed track. Bey doesn't just "sit" waiting for material, but she does seek it. She does have people hand her completed tracks. A lot of artists do. Rihanna does, Celine Dion does,  Kelly Clarkson does, Ariana Grande does. Bey does as well, the one difference is she does make minor changes to it. Is she doing it to take credit? For publishing royalties? Because she really thinks it's improving the song? Who really knows. 

Thomas P

Here we go again. 

What I think you guys need to realize is that there isn’t anything wrong with what Bey does, and 90% Of The time, we have no idea how much she’s carrying her weight in writing sessions. She could very well be doing a lot of it. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Thomas P
5 hours ago, ALGAYDO said:

I’m not sure if she’s every vocally states that she thinks she’s a genuis or whatever, but her performances, especially the ones where she dresses up as literally Catholic saints, that one performance (Grammys 2017, I think?) where she was literally the Virgin Mary... like, I’m not religious or anything, but wow. And her pregnancy photo shoots, then one where she poses as the Virgin Mary AGAIN like girl we get it, you’re a goddess and your kids are the second coming of Jesus. And oh god, that one long ass interview where she basically states that she’s not a regular artist, she’s sick of these modern artists pushing out singles after singles and burning out, like okay. We get it. You’re special. That’s cool. Annoying as hell tho. But like I’ve said in my other post, this is all just my personal take on how she presents herself to the public. She may not even feel this way about herself in real life, I know most record labels force their artists to portray certain images of themselves for marketing reasons. So I’m not even hating on Beyoncé AS A PERSON, just the type of image she projects on to the public. Just my two cents ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

I’m just so confused when y’all say **** like this cause all I think in my head is: “then gaga shouldn’t be like that either”. 

Its art, art is allowed to be whatever it wants, and I respect your criticism, but i don’t understand how you can criticize one girl for doing something that another girl whom we all love does the same ****. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Archived