💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Beyonce not responsible for her acclaim

Quark

Featured Posts

Quark

o<(0_0)>o

In my opinion Beyonce is not responsible for most of her musical acclaim. She deserves to be praised for her performance skills, but albums like Lemonade and Beyonce are mostly made by other people. When Gaga makes her music she is involved in every aspect of what she makes. From lyrics, to production, to composition. Sometimes Gaga has more involvement than other times, but overall Gaga's music is a creation of her. On the contrary, Beyonce needs a considerable amount of writers and producers, to the point were you can see that she is mostly only there to tell her team what to write about. So to me her team is more responsible for her musical acclaim than she is.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
crisTEAne

oh, look, i'm back for a sec just to bump into the same old ****-posts. is GGD a broken record? :selena: 

anyway, you're just too bitter to enjoy lemonade.

Spoiler

that was my nice way of telling you to funk off. :trollga:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Quark
Just now, T E Anne said:

oh, look, i'm back for a sec just to bump into the same old ****-posts. is GGD a broken record? :selena: 

anyway, you're just to bitter to enjoy lemonade.

Reveal hidden contents

that was my nice way of telling you to funk off. :trollga:

You didn't even say why you think what I said is wrong.

The Surrealist

I think sometimes it's better if you are honest and just say you didn't write a song by yourself and go with it. It's still Beyonce's voice on the album, so without her it wouldn't work, but I agree to a certain extent that Beyonce is much more of a product than a producer. There are still many good writer/producers who also collaborate with other writers, doesn't make them less responsible for acclaim.

weed

I think she's more of a performer than an artist tbh if that makes sense??

Borislshere
7 minutes ago, Quark said:

Beyonce needs a considerable amount of writers and producers, to the point were you can see that she is only there to tell her team what to write about. So to me her team is more responsible for her musical acclaim than she is.

giphy.gif

You're making it seem as if beyonce does absolutely nothing. She's one of the most hands on artist there is which multiple producers have claimed.

"The process is like a writing camp, essentially. She flies us all in and puts us all up. We all live in a house together — like five producers and five topline writers. She visits each room and will contribute and let us know what she's feeling and what she's not feeling. Lyrically, melodically, anything. She's very Frankenstein when she comes to songs. She'll say, "I like the verse from that. I like the pre-chorus from that. Can you try mixing it with that?"-Sia 

Having a ton of producers and writers isn't as bad as monsters make it seem. Gaga could honestly benefit from using more people. 

Yes you are right about BeyoncĂ© not having a lot of credit in songwriting and produce. But you do know that having a creative mind to know which are the perfect others written songs for your own body of work is an art. She isn’t that much of a songwriter but this doesn’t prove her a lesser artist.

Quark
2 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

giphy.gif

You're making it seem as if beyonce does absolutely nothing. She's one of the most hands on artist there is which multiple producers have claimed.

"The process is like a writing camp, essentially. She flies us all in and puts us all up. We all live in a house together — like five producers and five topline writers. She visits each room and will contribute and let us know what she's feeling and what she's not feeling. Lyrically, melodically, anything. She's very Frankenstein when she comes to songs. She'll say, "I like the verse from that. I like the pre-chorus from that. Can you try mixing it with that?"-Sia 

Having a ton of producers and writers isn't as bad as monsters make it seem. Gaga could honestly benefit from using more people. 

She does little in comparisons to artists that do make their own music. Not saying that she is not involved at all, but your quote just basically confirmed what I said.

PunkTheFunk

Think of Bey like the CEO of a company. Her team does most of the work, but she is the "face" of the operation.

Kind of like Apple. It's not like Steve Jobs designed and tested the iPhones himself. Hundreds if not thousands of people whose names we'll never know designed those phones, but we credit him as the genius.

Lucas

Exactly what I always thought lol, all she does is put her vocals on songs written, produced and imagined by other people. She deserves acclaim for her performing skills only, nothing else.
Not even for being an activist because it's only in the music she didn't write. Or I'm not informed enough on her activism outside of her music

StarlightSeiya

Once again another Beyonce-hate. And once again I'm reminded how annoying LMs are. Y'all need to grow up. 

Bone Apple Tea bebe

Borislshere
Just now, Quark said:

She does little in comparisons to artists that do make their own music. Not saying that she is not involved at all, but your quote just basically confirmed what I said.

The quote pointed out how hands on she was in the creation of the music. Watching any of her "making of" clips will also show how hands on she is in what she puts out. Y'all honestly sound extremely jealous when it comes to Beyonce at this point. Even if she fired everyone and produced/wrote everything herself, y'all would still reach for something else to "drag" her about.  

DemeLarell

You act like she just sits there and waits for people to hand her stuff. She is very hands on and collaborative. It doesn’t matter what went into the song but rather the product. Some of the the greatest artist that walked this earth did what Beyonce is doing including the king of pop. Tbh the majority of music listeners don’t care about how many producers and writers wrote the song. They care about how good the song is. Let’s not discredit her. That’s like someone discrediting million reasons because Hillary Lindsay helped write it. 

Archived