💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Azealia Banks is overrated

KyliesChild

Featured Posts

KyliesChild

Controversies aside, Azealia's musical output isn't as good as most of her fans are making her out to be. Some fans perceive her as a creative pioneer with innovative ideas, however her versatility sonically isn't broad at all. Most of her songs are house-inspired and are generally about similar topics. Although artists such as Beyoncé are shunned for incorporating a few samples on her album, Azealia does the same thing excessively. She sings in such a terrible technique and doesn't have the skill set to properly execute her ideas. Some also claim her to be the current best female rapper when artists such as Noname, Rapsody, and Georgia Anne Muldrow have released better mixtapes/albums than what Azealia has released so far. I'd also like to mention that her music isn't good enough to continue supporting her especially when artists such as Ed Sheeran (or Childish Gambino as of late) get critiqued for being arrogant when Azealia is that and so much more. She's overrated by so many people alike and she isn't even commercially successful :sweat:

The Surrealist

Yes, we know. But GGD will act like it's the second coming of Jesus. 

River

So.. don't listen to her? :shrug:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

rumours

Azealia Banks is totally overrated. She’s more of a tiny credit union if you ask me. 

Funny_Pictures_brave-grandpa-tackles-ban

sipthistea

But she's very talented.

And she would be considered this generation's queen of rap if it weren't for her nasty attitude. 

Edonis

We love tea time. :golfclap:

Gaga Stan goggles off, putting every homophobic/racist thing she's said aside, her music is extremely repetitive. The flow is almost the exact same, the melody to most of her sung choruses are almost always the same...she's had some cute songs here and there but she's vastly overrated.

ryanripley

true tbh

1991 and BWET were great but since then, where is this innovative artistry people hype her up for?

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

ZephyrInTheSky

161028-Azealia-Banks-YT-220x165.jpg

I hope she doesn't see this thread or RIP chickens.

I think she has a couple good songs but other than that, IDGI.

There can be 99 bottoms in the area but all it takes is 1 top to believe in you.

KyliesChild
2 minutes ago, Reginald said:

Girl bye, another lie. 

The only people who think her music is remotely good are biased fans or haven't listened to a lot of hip-hop/rap music :lolly:

Luke78619

She isn't overrated when she isn't in the spotlight... at all :poot: like no shade but it's not like people buy her music or keep up with her, people obviously don't think much of her

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

KyliesChild
24 minutes ago, monster78619 said:

She isn't overrated when she isn't in the spotlight... at all :poot: like no shade but it's not like people buy her music or keep up with her, people obviously don't think much of her

Even if you're not commercially successful it doesn't mean that you're overrated in that sense. I literally mentioned that in my OP. She's overrated by a relatively popular demographic—especially the gay community. 

Glamourpuss
1 hour ago, The Surrealist said:

Yes, we know. But GGD will act like it's the second coming of Jesus. 

Sad but true.

Archived