Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Rank these Gaga years

The Z

Featured Posts

After @Frivolero's thread about how he/she misses Gaga's first eras without being blashed (for once) by other Monsters who definitely want to let these days go, I was thinking about my Monster experience and wanted to know which years were the best and worst ones from 2008 to 2017 from your point of view, and why. Of course if you started being a fan later, just ignore the former years, it's OK. :)

How would you rank these years ? Here's my top, from 2009 to 2017.

KgrXMdQTyW4.jpg

1. 2011 (The intense hype around Born This Way, the over-exposition, the very new sounds and visuals, everything unexpected, everybody talking about Gaga, the Born This Way era never missing an opportunity to give us some precious gifts...)

2. 2015 (Gaga starting to show the world how much talented and gorgeous she is, posting natural brunette selfies on Instagram, singing at the Oscars, at the European games, starring in AHS: Hotel, having her "we love her again" moment, winning a Grammy + the engagement...)

3. 2010 (Gaga being played everywhere, the success of her singles/videos/albums/Monster Ball, crazy music videos, the huge hype around Born This Way, when we knew we wouldn't have to wait 3 years to hear it)

4. 2009 (Gaga rising very fast, all of her moves being talked about everywhere, every single being a smash hit world wide)

5. 2012 (The Born This Way Ball being the best tour ever, the Lady Gaga Fame HUGE era, Gaga being "over" but still being the #1 artist world wide, Gaga teasing ARTPOP really hard)

6. 2017 (The Super Bowl, Coachella, The Cure, The Joanne World Tour... Gaga doing crazy things but still being forgotten by the GP even though everything she does is praised by the press)

7. 2013. (Gaga stopping the Born This Way Ball early, being in her wheelchair for MONTHS, ARTPOP being delayed over and over again, the super-exciting announcement of ARTPOP, the even-more-exciting leak of Aura, the iTunes Fest, but the era starting to be a mess, the media blashing everything she does, the GP hating her)

8. 2016. (The first half of the year being VEEEEEEEERY long, LG5 being nowhere to be seen, Gaga over-botoxing her face, Gaga posting a Snap of her half-naked cooking some chicken for a barbecue and suddenly announcing Perfect Illusion out of nowhere, the Joanne era being a total mess until the end of the year...)

9. 2014. (Gaga being hated by everybody, the Do What U Want video never getting released, the ARTPOP era being over too fast, the artRAVE being a terrible show to me, Cheek To Cheek being amazing but feeling like a very dark era after the mess of ARTPOP) 

TheSlash
8 minutes ago, kevindjibouti said:

when we knew we wouldn't have to wait 3 years to hear it

What a shade :triggered: .

OT: I can agree with you mostly, but for me #1 is 2017 :firega: (TC, SB, Coachella, Slayanne World Tour, Frankenstein'd :stalkga:), 2011 #2 and the rest in your order :lana:

Ew, David!

SHALLOW

1.2013 cause ARTPOP :trollga:

2.2015 She served looks and AHS

3.2017 SB,Coachella etc.

4.2016 Joanne

5.2012 I love her 2012 lips and also the Fame perfume.

6.2010 ICONIC videos and the meat dress.

KyliesChild

1. 2010: the peak of her artistic integrity and commercial success 

2. 2011: there wasn't a single day in which Gaga didn't perform at a live event or covered a magazine of some sort.

3. 2015: Gaga looked healthy and beautiful throughout the year for the most part. It was a great year to reflect on what she truly wants and to expand her versatility even further by training her voice for incredible performances such as the 2015 Oscars. 

4. 2009: The enigma behind her began to unveil itself slowly. She worked hard by promoting across the globe. It was interesting to follow her every move because of how unpredictable she was.

5. 2016: She had a great streak in the beginning of the year. However, she underperformed in performances such as the 2016 Grammys. Gaga's Joanne was finally released and it was one of the wildest time periods for the fanbase.

6. 2017: Gaga performed at one of the biggest events of the year. She also performed at Coachella and filmed a movie with Bradley Cooper. However, it was devastating to see how much pain she had to endure along the way. 

8. 2014: Gaga's "Cheek to Cheek" was finally released. Her voice began to sound better than ever before in concerts such as "Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga Live!". However, she was still touring across the globe with one of her messiest concerts ever: the artRAVE. 

7. 2008: Gaga performed at clubs and dive bars to get her name out there. Before her newfound fame, she wasn't as commercially successful until she fully blossomed in 2009. 

8. 2013: Gaga broke her hip at the Born This Way Ball and became messy on social media. It was a dark period for her as people who she thought were friends abandoned her when she needed them most.

9. 2012: The beginning of her demise. People became uninterested in her and trashed her to the pits. Gaga looked tired and messy for the most part apart from the time period in which she promoted her first fragrance. 

KyliesChild
14 minutes ago, LittleMonster20 said:

In my opinion

This is such an interesting list. :wtfga:

The Surrealist

2015 - Served vocals on various tributes

2013 - ARTPOP was very fun

2011 - born this way was different

2014 - yaaas CTC her second best album

2012/2010/2009/ - boring to me but at least she got famous

2016 - at least Joanne happened

2017 - lol

33 minutes ago, LittleMonster20 said:

In my opinion

At least we agree for 2016 and 2014 lol

29 minutes ago, HYPODERMIC0 said:

1.2013 cause ARTPOP :trollga:

2.2015 She served looks and AHS

3.2017 SB,Coachella etc.

4.2016 Joanne

5.2012 I love her 2012 lips and also the Fame perfume.

6.2010 ICONIC videos and the meat dress.

The looks in 2015 omggggggg when she went to London in June and rocked that rock n roll look:wub:

25 minutes ago, KyliesChild said:

1. 2010: the peak of her artistic integrity and commercial success 

2. 2011: there wasn't a single day in which Gaga didn't perform at a live event or covered a magazine of some sort.

3. 2015: Gaga looked healthy and beautiful throughout the year for the most part. It was a great year to reflect on what she truly wants and to expand her versatility even further by training her voice for incredible performances such as the 2015 Oscars. 

4. 2009: The enigma behind her began to unveil itself slowly. She worked hard by promoting across the globe. It was interesting to follow her every move because of how unpredictable she was.

5. 2016: She had a great streak in the beginning of the year. However, she underperformed in performances such as the 2016 Grammys. Gaga's Joanne was finally released and it was one of the wildest time periods for the fanbase.

6. 2017: Gaga performed at one of the biggest events of the year. She also performed at Coachella and filmed a movie with Bradley Cooper. However, it was devastating to see how much pain she had to endure along the way. 

8. 2014: Gaga's "Cheek to Cheek" was finally released. Her voice began to sound better than ever before in concerts such as "Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga Live!". However, she was still touring across the globe with one of her messiest concerts ever: the artRAVE. 

7. 2008: Gaga performed at clubs and dive bars to get her name out there. Before her newfound fame, she wasn't as commercially successful until she fully blossomed in 2009. 

8. 2013: Gaga broke her hip at the Born This Way Ball and became messy on social media. It was a dark period for her as people who she thought were friends abandoned her when she needed them most.

9. 2012: The beginning of her demise. People became uninterested in her and trashed her to the pits. Gaga looked tired and messy for the most part apart from the time period in which she promoted her first fragrance. 

I agree with it as a whole. I was also disapointed with her 2016 GRAMMYs performance :/ And that exactly what I was thinking yesterday: she looked truly healthy in 2015, so much that it helped me getting better, as I take her as an example

22 minutes ago, Muraena said:

1. 2012
2. 2017
3. 2011
4. 2009
5. 2010
6. 2015
7. 2016
8. 2013
9. 2008
10. 2014

Why is 2012 your #1? Is it because of the BTWB? Because of FAME?

PerfectGUY

1. 2014 (a mess but I'm emotionally connected with that year listening to the full ARTPOP album at least once a day) 

2. 2015 

3. 2010

4. 2009 

5. 2017 

6. 2011

7. 2013

8. 2016 (Perfect Illusion release is the only highlight of that year lol) 

9. 2012 (the year I kinda let Gaga go)

lost in limbo

1. 2011 (My first era as a stan, hype, new performances every day, her best album being released, the MVs and their visuals, 2011 was definitely a good time to be alive)

2. 2015 (They love her again, her beauty reaching new highs this year, TIHTY, Oscars, European games, engagement, AHS, etc. Definitely the best year between eras)

3. 2017 (Superbowl, Coachella, JW music video, JWT, The Cure, 5F2, the tons of projects she was in this year, dragged down by the cancellations)

4. 2012 (BTWB, FAME perfume, ad and promo, THOSE LEWKS, the nostalgia, Stache and Stuck on ****in' You, ARTPOP announcement, rumors and the teasing, I miss those times, everything used to be simpler :giveup: )

5. 2010 (Gaga at the top of the world, TMB 2.0, Telephone and Alejandro MV, VMAs, the year I stanned, etc.)

6. 2009 (Everyone's talking about this new popstar, VMAs, Paparazzi MV, Bad Romance, TFM, TMB 1.0, must've been a awesome year to be a stan)

7. 2014 (The ArtRave which was fun, G.U.Y- An ARTPOP Film, one of her best MVs, everyone's dragging her, me not getting to go to the ArtRave in Lisbon due to poor grades, C2C release :flutter: , ARTPOP Act. II getting cancelledT, overall a messy yet good year)

8. 2016 (The huge bore that was the first half of the year, PI which destroyed my weave :giveup: , PI flopping, Milion Grammys, the worst MV Gaga has ever made aka Milion Reasons MV, SB announcement, this year was a definitive roller coaster)

9. 2008 (It only started in April, lack of performances, JD, BDR, TF, PF and her rise to fame)

10. 2013 (BTWB getting cancelled bc Gaga broke her hip, blackout, Burqa leak, the lewks she served in Machete Kills, Applause and it's MV, VMAs, Swinefest, the mess that became the era, she being attacked by everyone, blackout, Do What U Want video never being released, what a tragedy :giveup: )

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

Archived