A Star Is Born
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Trump: Armed Teachers Would Have 'Shot The Hell' Out Of Florida Gunman

Featured Posts

JustinTrudeau   Paws Up 1,656
JustinTrudeau

Article: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/trump-armed-teachers-florida-gunman_us_5a903b5de4b01e9e56bb4e61

President Donald Trump on Friday reiterated his call for some teachers to be armed with concealed weapons and criticized the armed security guard who never went inside Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School once gunman Nikolas Cruz began firing on students last week.

“A teacher would’ve shot the hell of out him before he knew what happened,” Trump said during a speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference. 

“I’d rather have somebody that loves their students and wants to protect their students than somebody standing outside that doesn’t know anybody and doesn’t know the students,” Trump said, alluding to the school’s guard who stood outside of the school. That guard subsequently resigned in the aftermath of the shooting.

The president said schools should be “a much harder target for attackers” and that students are put in greater danger if schools are declared “gun-free.”

Only 10 or 20 percent of teachers should be armed, Trump said. He referred to someone who had served in the Marines for decades before taking a teaching position as the type of person who would be well-equipped to carry a gun in a school.

Separately on Friday, Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) said that he opposes arming teachers in his state.

“My focus is law enforcement,” he said during a press conference. “Let teachers focus on teaching.”

Spoiler

Pathetic way of thinking :neyde:

• Sad 1
I fell down the stairs once as an actor.

ryanripley   Paws Up 70,155
ryanripley

honestly, what's the point of saying "what if" when it's already been and done

he has no idea how an armed teacher would have reacted, they're not trained like police

it's a child, i have a hard time believing any teacher would find it easy to shoot a child

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
https://goo.gl/wFxoYL

ZacharyMark   Paws Up 7,721
ZacharyMark

Note how this discussion about guns is only about schools and not anywhere else. 

Note how the suggestions brought up by these people are only about policies during a shooting and not policies preventing shootings.

What's comical is that Trump doesn't have a clue. As evidenced in this picture, he doesn't even know how to have a basic conversation with people. This man needs notes to say "I hear you". He didn't even know the names of the soldiers killed in Niger last year either. Let's stop going to Trump for change. Change will only come at the State and local levels at this point. 

180221182253-trump-notes-school-shooting

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

melon   Paws Up 921
melon

honestly the dumbest idea ever had...

what happens if a child gets a hold of a teacher's gun?

what about the psychological impact on the teacher?  especially if they actually had to shoot one of their own students?  what about if they accidentally shot an innocent student?  

even trained professionals struggle to shoot accurately all the time, let alone teachers...

why the Republicans and NRA can't realise they just NEED more control at the VERY LEAST is beyond me.  living in the UK, all of us find it bewildering.

we had one abhorrent school shooting almost 30 years ago in Dunblane and then introduced so many laws and have not had any since...

Edited by melon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
#flop

Beytwice   Paws Up 1,941
Beytwice

what. is. this. man. doing. in. the. goddamn. office. ?.

• Like 9

Reginald   Paws Up 1,319
Reginald

Just because a teacher has a gun doesn't mean they have the heart to shoot and kill a CHILD.  omfg HOW IS THIS REAL. And the fact that there are, as a principle, always bad apples. I can easily think of a number of teachers I had whom I would feel terrified of knowing they had a gun

• Thanks 1
I'm on a serious Carly Rae Jepsen binge

imnotyourbabe10   Paws Up 1,778
imnotyourbabe10

Devolving schools into the Prison Industrial Complex, I see :classy:

:fthis:

• Like 1

ALGAYDO   Paws Up 6,905
ALGAYDO

Just wanted to drop this analogy in here  

• Like 1
  • LMAO 2
Gummy Bear ➡️ NOT Marinara ➡️ HOMODRAKE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bellatrix   Paws Up 20,357
Bellatrix

I still can't understand that man was elected. Was US high or something? Good job.

• Like 2
He knows how to play! Itty bitty baby Potter

River   Paws Up 17,517
River

And then a psycho teacher will shoot all the kids.. :neyde:

• Like 1
I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)

SlaeUrAnus   Paws Up 10,419
SlaeUrAnus

I do not understand his logic at all.

All it takes is one teacher to go mental and shoot his whole class. Arming teachers is not going to solve the problem at all.

• Like 2
Open Up Your Heart And Your Mind To Me.

lego   Paws Up 38,327
lego

No I never dreamed that I'd love somebody like you✨ And I never dreamed That I'd lose somebody like you, No

LadyLuca   Paws Up 1,216
LadyLuca

Think about the teachers u have had. would you give them guns? I would not give my teachers guns xd

• Like 1
  • Shook 1
LG6 is comming in 2019 you little Delulus