Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

MEGARATE: janet. (1993) - Janet Jackson

Phoebe Buffay

Featured Posts

Phoebe Buffay

Hello, monsters! :kara: Welcome to my first megarate ever!

The album for this megarate is "janet." by the legendary Janet Jackson!

Janetperiod1993.png

You can ONLY rate the songs out of this album, NOT the interludes.

Here's some facts and tea about the album :tea::

Spoiler

In the United States, Janet became the singer's third consecutive album to top the Billboard 200 and her first to debut at number one. Selling 350,000 copies in its first week, it set a record for the highest first week sales for a female artist at that time. Certified sixfold platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), it has sold over seven million copies in the US according to Nielsen SoundScan. Internationally, Janet topped the record charts in Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom, and has sold an estimated 20 million copies worldwide.

Janet remains one of only seven albums in history to produce six top-ten hits on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart, including the number-one singles "That's the Way Love Goes" and "Again". The MTV-sponsored Janet World Tour supporting the album received critical acclaim for Jackson's elaborate stage performances, reinforcing her reputation as one of the preeminent artists of the MTV generation. Janet cemented her as an international icon and sex symbol, and is listed by the National Association of Recording Merchandisers and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as one of the 200 Definitive Albums of All Time. Academics argued the erotic imagery in her music videos have contributed to a higher degree of sexual freedom among women.

RULES:

1. Listen or re-listen the album.

2. Rate each song from 1-10 and you can give your favorite song an 11 (decimals are allowed too). Feel free to add comments.

3. 0's aren't allowed.

4. NO TROLLING.

5. PM me your rates@EvilRegal :sara:

DUE DATE: March 9, 2018 [12PM EST]

RESULTS CEREMONY: March 10, 2018 [4PM EST, 1PM PST, 10PM CET]

Listen to the album here: 

Track list:

1. That's the Way Love Goes

2. You Want This

3. If

4. This Time

5. Throb

6. What'll I Do

7. Funky Big Band

8. New Agenda

9. Because of Love

10. Again

11. Where Are You Now

12. The Body That Loves You

13. Any Time, Any Place

14. Whoops Now

giphy.gif

Participants:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phoebe Buffay
30 minutes ago, slayo said:

I'd be so excited if this was the Rhythm Nation album, but i've never listened to janet.

You should listen to it. It's a masterpiece. My second favorite Janet album, the first being All for You.

That J

OMG!!!!!  YESSSSSSSS I will be here.  I will do any Janet rate.  

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

The Bling

My first Janet megarate :giveup: And also my first Janet experience ever :giveup::giveup::giveup: I'm in, hope to be slayed :pray:

Please remind me from time to time just in case I forget :air:

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

Phoebe Buffay
3 minutes ago, The Bling said:

My first Janet megarate :giveup: And also my first Janet experience ever :giveup::giveup::giveup: I'm in, hope to be slayed :pray:

Please remind me from time to time just in case I forget :air:

I'm gonna listen to Oral Fixation Vol. 2 so I can send you my rates too. Hopefully you send yours too. :kara::wub:

Archived