💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Sam Smith Give Up?

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

Ferrer Zorola

am I the only one annoyed by how labels/artists nowadays give up on album eras basing just on the performance of the lead? happened to Malibu too... just like Too good at goodbyes, it was a hit, so why did they expect even more? can’t they see that pop isn’t the thing right now? they should be happy with that and focus on having other 3 successes from the album.

TWO years or more are spent on a record just to focus on ONE song? Hell na. Long gone are the days of long album eras. 

LIFE IS GOOD

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Irrelevant said:

Failure to promote sis :icega:

I was referring to : "plummet down the charts" 

I didn't know staying 16 weeks inside the Top 10 is called plummeting down the charts. 

DiscoHeaven23
9 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

" ... is that the failure to promote has made "Too Good At Goodbyes" plummet down the chart, after leaving the top 10. Like, it's falling FAST, for a song that was in the top 10 for 16 weeks. "

You're suggesting as if the song is a complete failure when it's not. That's all.

no I didn't?

that's a fact.

It did well in the top 10 for 16 weeks and is plummeting fast. and i know its doing it fast cuz that's not a typical fall for a song that's been in the Top 10, based on all my other singles performances threads. 

ryanripley
22 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

Too Good At Goodbyes is more popular than any Gaga song since Applause so let's not :)

you know, we can discuss artists who are underperforming by their own standards without needing to insult gaga

also MR was a hit

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

1 minute ago, ryanripley said:

you know, we can discuss artists who are underperforming by their own standards without needing to insult gaga

also MR was a hit

How is he under-performing though? He stayed 16 weeks inside Top 10.

Million Reasons was only one week inside Top 10 and that was in Super Bowl week when it peaked at #4, before that it peaked at #52.

ryanripley
Just now, Ronlop said:

How is he under-performing though? He stayed 16 weeks inside Top 10.

Million Reasons was only one week inside Top 10 and that was in Super Bowl week when it peaked at #4, before that it peaked at #52.

i don't know, i don't know sam smith so i was hoping to see comments talking about that but now ppl are just bashing sam and gaga against each other when gaga is totally unrelated to the topic

rumours

Maybe they are just waiting for it to fall into the lower half of the Hot 100? Not sure

The song was a pretty big hit, so I’m sure a second single is coming. 

Laceface

Well, it's done well here in the UK. Not everything is US orientated but I see your point, it does seem strange to give up. Scars and Burning still remain as my favourites 

GypsyBabe
56 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

Too Good At Goodbyes is more popular than any Gaga song since Applause so let's not :)

Your point? :awkney: 

This thread is about Sam Smith and not Lady Gaga, but go off I guess.

OT: Is it just me or does it feel like a lot of artists arent putting in a lot of effort to promote their music anymore? 

⚯͛

ryanripley
28 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

Your point? :awkney: 

This thread is about Sam Smith and not Lady Gaga, but go off I guess.

OT: Is it just me or does it feel like a lot of artists arent putting in a lot of effort to promote their music anymore? 

i guess there's no point if you're streaming well :madge: 

it's really sad tbh, thankfully gaga is still one who goes out of her way (minus the cure but i think that was on purpose) to provide us with performances galore

people weren't happy yesterday when i tried to point out that a certain artist hasn't done anything minus the minimum for her album. the album is a success but... where's the fun?

Honestly, I think it's a tactical marketing move. He became the next Emeli Sande (hope you get the reference) and was EVERYWHERE for a couple of years with his debut. This time around he's playing it cool and relying on his name to sell out shows, etc. And the album was really good, even though I'm not a fan.

1 hour ago, Ronlop said:

Well maybe the definition of "flopping" should be revised because as far as I know, fans here treat "Million Reasons" as if it was one of the biggest hits in 2017. 

So in a Gaga forum, I wouldn't mind comparing just to give proportions. 

Actually MR was one of the biggest hits of 2017 . Fun fact it's the best selling single of the year by a female in pure sales with about 1.2M pure copies in the US. Grammy nominated song , nearly ×2 platinum top 5 hit and performed at the biggest events of the year so yeah it's one of the biggest hits of 2017.

AlexanderMagno

Well, as many musicians are doing lately (not the new ones), he's keeping it cool. There a true fear of being overexposed, so I guess he's trying to do things in a different way. He had a very good debut.

Anyway, in Europe he's doing great, I still hear Too Good at Goodbyes all the time and one more song (I don't know which one to be honest). So, not everything is about the US :shrug: and to be honest, Europe sounds a much better market to conquer. From what I can see, the US loves one hit wonders and then forgets about them to give place to new artists, and trends are happening all the time. Europe, on the other hand, loves supporting old European acts. I'm pretty sure Sam is one of those who will keep getting radio airplay every new single he releases (as long as he keeps doing the same type of song).

Off topic, but kind of on-topic: Million Reasons was far from a hit in Europe. Too Good At Goodbyes is way, way bigger. And given the chart history in the US, it looks like it was bigger as well there. No need to get all defensive anyway.

Edonis
24 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

it's really sad tbh, thankfully gaga is still one who goes out of her way (minus the cure but i think that was on purpose) to provide us with performances galore

Of Million Reasons though :triggered: To the point where almost everyone, including the fans of that song, were over it :triggered:

OT: I really don’t know what’s going on because the song didn’t perform badly at all. It’s like he just dropped the album and moved on. Maybe because he’s having a good time with his boyfriend and isn’t really concerned about commercial successes this era. 

ryanripley
27 minutes ago, Edonis said:

Of Million Reasons though :triggered: To the point where almost everyone, including the fans of that song, were over it :triggered:

OT: I really don’t know what’s going on because the song didn’t perform badly at all. It’s like he just dropped the album and moved on. Maybe because he’s having a good time with his boyfriend and isn’t really concerned about commercial successes this era. 

superbowl, coachella, VSFS, that japanese show, the Grammys, the dive bar tour, AMAs :triggered:

Archived