💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What is ARTPOP?

Gagz4Gaga

Featured Posts

ryanripley

this thread is making me sad because of what ARTPOP was supposed to be as an era

i hope she can successfully achieve another concept that is just as big

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

ARTPOP is a very abstract thing... Since the lyrics are too superficial to get anything from the record, I guess ARTPOP is a metaphore/or a name for an emotion that Gaga felt hard. 

Helxig

Artistic

Revolution

Through

Potential

Of

Pop

Also the reverse of pop-art. Pop art was a movement where symbols of everyday pop-culture was turned into fine art. Gaga's approach was to take art, and put it into her pop work. Making art a part of pop culture.

I wish ARTPOP lived up to it's potential. But it's over now and it was a fun ride while we were on it and I still love it to bits.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Gagz4Gaga
21 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

this thread is making me sad because of what ARTPOP was supposed to be as an era

i hope she can successfully achieve another concept that is just as big

Imagine a perfect pop culture storm if she could have executed all of her ideas about ARTPOP perfectly, with flawless song choices, high concept videos, the budget as big as Born This Way, tour as large as Monster Ball and an incomparable influence circa 2009-2011:

ARTPOP could have been her legacy album and her Magnum Opus.

200w.gif

nostalgia’s for geeks

Glamourpuss
5 hours ago, TheShameMonster said:

Bringing the art back into pop music. Freeing yourself from your creative inhibitions. Being unapologetically unique and subversive. :fthis:

giphy.gif

This. It was a creative rebellion.

Remember her speech at the artrave? Something like you don't need a record deal to be an artist you just need a brush and a blank canvas or something. I can't remember it exactly. She helped little monsters find their creativity. More fans seemed to be making art like never before. Backstage she beamed with joy when a fan was showing off their art. It was amazing to see. You could tell it made her happy to see so many people being inspired by her in this artistic way. 

Gaga was also becoming the living embodiment of famous artworks, dressing as various paintings such as the Mona Lisa and works by picasso and of course the Venus one. 

I loved the whole idea of ARTPOP, I just hate that it wasn't very well executed. But have to say like all art, I love that she never really spoon fed the meaning apart from the obvious lyric, and left it up to the observer to understand. To this day I still feel that fans take the music at face value and laugh at the lyrics but don't fully understand the whole essence of ARTPOP. 

To cut it short, it was about putting art back into pop. Being free to be creative and weird without having to conform to a standard that is now widely accepted. She celebrated real artists. And encouraged fans to express themselves artistically. The music is a bit shallow but I think that it was supposed to be. Like I already said it's ashame it was a misunderstood and poorly executed era. Because it could have been the best we've had.

Glamourpuss
8 minutes ago, MarcusBones said:

It’s when one second you’re the koons and then... SUDDENLY

The koons is you

:stalkga:

Do fans actually understand what she means by this though? It's as though they take it at face value and poke fun at the silliness of it when it actually has a meaning. I'm sorry but it's just getting old now. Are these same jokes still going to be made in 10 years? 

MarcusBones
10 hours ago, PussyGlam said:

Do fans actually understand what she means by this though? It's as though they take it at face value and poke fun at the silliness of it when it actually has a meaning. I'm sorry but it's just getting old now. Are these same jokes still going to be made in 10 years? 

Yes... we understand what it means.

issa joke- calm yourself :awkney:

Glamourpuss
24 minutes ago, MarcusBones said:

Yes... we understand what it means.

issa joke- calm yourself :awkney:

Sorry, I just reacted because I was also reading other threads where all anybody was saying was silly joke comments and it wound me up. 

It means SO much. As she said, “my ARTPOP could mean anything”.

The line that describes the mindset the most imo is “Enigma pop star is fun, she wears burqa for fashion — it’s not a statement as much as just a move of passion”. People were constantly trying to find the reason behind everything “weird” Gaga did, but sometimes it was just her art, the fire inside of her that was speaking. I wish LMs and people in general were more open to that. I feel like ARTPOP is hated because since there is not an explanation behind everything she did, they say it’s just a mess. Sometimes things don’t need to be explained. She wished people could enjoy stuff without thinking too much. 

I think ARTPOP is a tribute to life, it tackles so many subjects like art, sex, music, drugs (both the “good” one in MJH and the bad ones in Dope), love, fashion, etc in a careless way.

I really think it’s about unleashing your creative power and not having to justify every interest you have, everything you do, etc.

ARTPOP is absolutely my mantra, it’s such a powerful mindset that everyone can adapt to their desire :pray:

PerfectGUY

It's also the fact that we could belong together

Metaphorically : we could care more about each other, act towards someone else like you would act towards yourself. An anti-independantism anthem

Literally : she mentioned multiple times that she felt like the whole universe is just a bunch of similar atoms. So there's a scientific movement that states that maybe we're just one big whole living being. And every person is a part of it.

Archived