question

What is ARTPOP?

Gagz4Gaga

Featured Posts

Gagz4Gaga

I always think of its concept and meaning based on the lyrics from Applause:

“Pop culture was in art
Now, art's in pop culture in me”

What about you? How do you understand the philosophy behind ARTPOP? 

nostalgia’s for geeks

ARTPOP is a hybrid that can withstand these things

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

shoful

I love the theme. Not gonna explain it because I have before and I can write pages about it. But its so mystical and beautiful :wub:

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Bringing the art back into pop music. Freeing yourself from your creative inhibitions. Being unapologetically unique and subversive. :fthis:

giphy.gif

angels forever, forever angels

homomo

Possibilities. Literally.

I wonder if this could be love?

We could be caught...

We could-we could belong together.

I think that I could be fine.

Maybe we could see the world together?

UWontUseMyMind

ARTPOP is an empty box, you are free to put into It anything you want: hate, art, love, dreams. You can totally free your mind with it...:heart:

antpats2

ARTPOP is everything. Past, present and future. It’s putting art in front of pop, theremore making it the main priority

it’s like pop art but as audio. Pop art is popular art...or bringing pop into art, unusual. Because in the artistic world, despite music is also art, pop usually doesn’t come into play. It’s more about being “out there”, unique, not just painting the world as it is and making art all the same. Pop art WAS still unique though, but it’s focus was pop and pop culture.  Bringing things we see in our everyday lives into the art scene. For example, Andy’s soup cans. 

ARTPOP was turning that old concept into something modern, hence the technology aspect

ARTPOP brought elements of pop art to the music scene in our current world. It was and is futuristic 

Reversing an old concept, but making an album out of it and making it her own was why it also means possibilities. ARTPOP had MANY genres of music pressed into one album...endless possibilities. She wrote 70-100 songs for the album. We have Endless possibilities again.

lets not forget the songs...I mean...

Products. Things we see around us. Things we always hear about. Trends. Pop. Places. People. The world.

TEA

Ratchet

Donatella

Applause

Swine 

MANiCURE 

Dope 

Brooklyn Nights

Fashion! 

Mary Jane Holland 

Venus

i could go on and on...like ARTPOP