💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Janelle Monae - Django Jane

BBhomemaker

Featured Posts

This is the first song I heard from her (besides we are young...but that wasn't her song:duck:) I'm honestly shook, I like the video and the song and the empowerment it gives :queenga:

What if tomorrow I see you again? Should I say that I used to love you?

RAMROD

Django Jane

tumblr_mg24fiyjZ31ql5yr7o1_250.gif

No more Tuxedo Janelle anymore it seems :oprah:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

That J

I love this woman!!  She's always got something I will fall in love with.  Super glad she is back once more.  

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

MarryTheAngel

Dirty Computer is going to make me feel.mp3 so good when it comes out... I can't believe she rapped a whole song! Exciting!!

The Fame Monster

Did she say "Germanotta still jammin" at 1:16 or am I just hearing it wrong... :ladyhaha:

Find your freedom in the music

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

This is the first song I heard from her (besides we are young...but that wasn't her song:duck:) I'm honestly shook, I like the video and the song and the empowerment it gives :queenga:

She’s got two albums and an EP that are all fantastic. They’re concept records so it’s best to listen to them in order, but they can be very appreciated on their own as well.

She used to rap about outcasts and freaks over images of the Civil Rights marches, now she is sitting on a throne rapping about her awards. She used to express her sexuality through interesting science fiction metaphors, now she is humping video hoes and sucking a penis shaped lollypop.

I can't say I'm feeling what we have heard so far from Dirty Computer. But she is a brilliant artist, so I'll hold out hope.

On 2/22/2018 at 5:35 PM, SKANK said:

She used to rap about outcasts and freaks over images of the Civil Rights marches, now she is sitting on a throne rapping about her awards. She used to express her sexuality through interesting science fiction metaphors, now she is humping video hoes and sucking a penis shaped lollypop.

I can't say I'm feeling what we have heard so far from Dirty Computer. But she is a brilliant artist, so I'll hold out hope.

I think the metaphors are actually deeper here. It’s not *her* throne. It’s the throne of Black women everywhere that she’s reclaiming from others (not unlike Beyoncé did with the Sorry video). The rapping about awards, imo, is warranted as 1) She has legitimately been incredibly successful and 2) the context of mentioning it is essentially saying her success is a success for womankind and more specifically black womankind. I think the idea of Django Jane is a metaphor for marginalized women at large so everything she raps about here is not to serve herself, but to serve the greater empowerment of women. She explains something along those lines in an interview. Django Jane specifically deals with her calling out all the critiques lobbed at her and women and using that for power. So I think the throne is a little deeper than just being a throne and I wouldn’t say that is always the case except that Janelle Monae is always so conceptual. The Make Me Feel video is a very fun and energetic way of talking about her bisexuality, for instance.

I think it’s important to realize that the metaphors are still there it’s just that they’re more personal this time around hence why Dirty Computer isn’t part of the Metropolis saga (I think?). She’s not abandoning that concept, but I think, like Joanne, she needed to take some time to dig deep and heal herself before she could keep going.

Why is janelle monae so underrated?

She's the female coynterpart of Kendrick Lamaam

YOU BETTER FURKIN SLÉ

Archived