💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Blue Ivy Carter caught telling her mother to be quiet once again

goldenrealm

Featured Posts

8 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Let kids be kids. Ask your own mother how do you act as a little kid back then, probably the same, or even worse. 🙄🙄🙄

7 hours ago, maxblac said:

All six-year-olds are somewhat rude and do childish things. They're children. They don't know better.

7 hours ago, Cometomemega said:

she's probably just acting out a bit cause of her younger siblings getting more attention 

9 hours ago, BeyerJ said:

She waves her finger and everyone here gets upset... :saladga:

This isn't your child people, why let this bother you? :saladga:

All of these. ☝️ 

FreePalestine

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond
5 minutes ago, lego said:

Totally you seem to think whole world revolves around you? The gif is about this whole obsession, news about 6 year old waving finger and people creating story and theories about it. 

This doesn’t prove your point at all, you still don’t know much about children, I’m sorry. Maybe get back with us when you get some experience? 

I realise it was aimed at the entire thing but it was partly aimed at me considering this same topic was only done yesterday, so it would be fresh in your mind.

You can still know stuff about children without having them. I'm sure most parents would agree that this is outrageous behaviour for a child and a new parenting technique must be put in place. I can't exactly magic up children of my own, can I? So the whole "come back when you've got some experience" demand is totally unfair as it might never happen.

Just now, lego said:

This is so hilarious. There is no only one way of good parenting. Your family and how you would react in given situation is not the norm. This is also pretty old fashioned way of thinking, to yell and embarrass the girl in front of everyone, instead of talking at home.

I didn't say there was only one good way nor did I claim that there was a right way. I just said how my own mother would've reacted. It doesn't matter if it's an old fashioned way of thinking, plenty of parents still do it. In fact, a lot of black parents raise their child on discipline based parenting, it's part of their culture, in addition to a joke being that white parents let their kids get away with everything but a black parent would have smacked you into next week. I just found an old clip of Beyonce saying that her mum once slapped her in a store when she was little because she was acting sassy and how this moment kept her grounded (please note, I'm not in support of corporal punishment and I was horrified to hear of this story - a stern telling off is what I'm more in support of). Telling a child off in public is known to stop the child ever doing it again as they couldn't deal with the embarrassment, that's the whole point. Are you seriously criticising my parents and how they raised me now? Your vendetta against me knows no bounds.

1 minute ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I realise it was aimed at the entire thing but it was partly aimed at me considering this same topic was only done yesterday, so it would be fresh in your mind.

You can still know stuff about children without having them. I'm sure most parents would agree that this is outrageous behaviour for a child and a new parenting technique must be put in place. I can't exactly magic up children of my own, can I? So the whole "come back when you've got some experience" demand is totally unfair as it might never happen.

You didn’t need to quote me because of a gif. You want to drag this conversation forever for some strange reason. 

You can get experience by getting a job. Apply to work in kindergarten, even as a cleaner, helper, you’ll get more experience seeing them 8 hours a day, than you have now, for example. Do some work as nanny, try babysitting, different ages. You don’t need to have your own kids. Get some books on parenting and child development and psychology. 

You are overreacting, you don’t know what most parents think and what they would say. 

4 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I didn't say there was only one good way nor did I claim that there was a right way. I just said how my own mother would've reacted. It doesn't matter if it's an old fashioned way of thinking, plenty of parents still do it. In fact, a lot of black parents raise their child on discipline based parenting, it's part of their culture, in addition to a joke being that white parents let their kids get away with everything but a black parent would have smacked you into next week. I just found an old clip of Beyonce saying that her mum once slapped her in a store when she was little because she was acting sassy and how this moment kept her grounded (please note, I'm not in support of corporal punishment and I was horrified to hear of this story - a stern telling off is what I'm more in support of). Telling a child off in public is known to stop the child ever doing it again as they couldn't deal with the embarrassment, that's the whole point. Are you seriously criticising my parents and how they raised me now? Your vendetta against me knows no bounds.

Wow. It didn’t take long to bring up the race in this thread too... why am I not surprised? 

Ohh so your way of upbringing can’t be questioned, even tho you keep bringing it up, but you can bash a 6 year old and her parents in 2 threads based on few seconds clips? Your vendetta against Beyonce and her family knows no bounds. 

FreePalestine

43 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

is known to stop the child ever doing it again as they couldn't deal with the embarrassment, that's the whole point.

No, this is not known or proven, what are your sources for this statement? There’s no guarantee she wouldn’t do it again. 

Experts say that any punishment that shames or embarrasses a child is not an effective way to discipline youngsters, and may cause long-term psychological damage.

"The research is pretty clear that it's never appropriate to shame a child, or to make a child feel degraded or diminished," said Andy Grogan-Kaylor, an associate professor of social work at the University of Michigan. Such punishments can lead to "all kinds of problems in the future," Grogan-Kaylor said, including increased anxiety, depression and aggression.

Malicious punishments can also damage a parent's relationship with their child, and lead to a cycle of bad behavior, experts say.

Instead, parents should use other discipline strategies, such as setting clear rules for kids and taking away privileges. Overall, parents should aim to create a supporting environment for their child.

"Positive things have a much more powerful effect on shaping behavior than any punishment,"

Humiliating punishments can also disconnect parents from their children, making kids less likely to want to behave and do what their parents say, said Katharine Kersey, a professor of early childhood education at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Va., and author of the upcoming book "101 Principles for Positive Guidance with Young Children" (Allyn & Bacon, August 2012).

—

According to Claire O’ Mahony, an educational psychologist at the Sandton Psychology Centre, regularly disciplining your child in public can cause an impact in your child’s emotional development. “A parent who continuously shouts or scolds their child in front of others irrespective of the reasons may make their child feel constant embarrassment and humiliation, which can influence the child’s ability to interact on a social level in later years,” she explains. Claire does advise this is all dependent on how often the parent is applying public discipline, an incident every now and then is not as harmful as parents who constantly choose to scold and embarrass their kids in the presence of others. 

Some of the effects of persistent public scolding: 

The child feels embarrassed and humiliated which can lead to social awkwardness later on in their teenage or adult years. 

Children avoid going out with parents in public for fear of being embarrassed

Children grow up thinking it is okay to shout at someone else in front of others.

Child may grow up to resent their parents and not have fond memories of their childhood.

If you have no choice but to discipline your child at that specific moment then explain to them what they have done wrong so they can learn from their mistake. If no explanation is given then the child has no idea what has caused you to lash out at them and they tend to become unnecessarily tense in public not knowing what is going to upset their parent. 

FreePalestine

LordEnigma
11 hours ago, RudzXinc said:

Bookmark me!!!

She will turn out to be spoil kid when she grow up.

Could you imagine people dissing you as a one year old 💀 damn.

Rudz Xinc
17 hours ago, maxblac said:

All six-year-olds are somewhat rude and do childish things. They're children. They don't know better.

Nope, my niece and nephew don't behave like this

It depends on how the parents teach them

Look at those clowns

Rudz Xinc
8 hours ago, Alexander Levi said:

Could you imagine people dissing you as a one year old 💀 damn.

She's not one year old tho :interestinga:

Look at those clowns

zakariah

SHE IS WEARING SHADES INDOORS THAT PROLLY COST $900,000 PER LENS. I AM NOTHING COMPARED TO BLUE IVY. :air::air::air::air: 

Dominic

My niece is the same. A total madam and diva. She's only 3 but acts like a teenager, it's actually really cute. I blame Peppa Pig though...that pig is naughty man :interestinga:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

StrawberryBlond
14 hours ago, lego said:

You didn’t need to quote me because of a gif. You want to drag this conversation forever for some strange reason. 

You can get experience by getting a job. Apply to work in kindergarten, even as a cleaner, helper, you’ll get more experience seeing them 8 hours a day, than you have now, for example. Do some work as nanny, try babysitting, different ages. You don’t need to have your own kids. Get some books on parenting and child development and psychology. 

You are overreacting, you don’t know what most parents think and what they would say. 

Wow. It didn’t take long to bring up the race in this thread too... why am I not surprised? 

Ohh so your way of upbringing can’t be questioned, even tho you keep bringing it up, but you can bash a 6 year old and her parents in 2 threads based on few seconds clips? Your vendetta against Beyonce and her family knows no bounds.

Because you're replying. I like to end what I finish.

But I don't want to work with children. Not that I hate them, it just isn't what I want to do. I shouldn't have to have children or work with them to be allowed to put forward an opinion about parenting. That's just too dogmatic.

Maybe I don't know the view of all parents, but I do know that anyone who I know who has kids are very hands-on when it comes to disciplining them and they wouldn't stand for flat-out cheek like finger pointing.

I knew it was controversial to bring up race but it seemed to be fairly relevant considering that black parents are famed for using traditional punishment for misbehaving and considering how much you support black people. Seeing as you're so against corporal punishment, what do you think about the amount of black parents who yell and hit their kids when they misbehave? I just thought it all seemed a bit ironic.

Well, I knew you'd respond like you did after I sent that. Celebrities are different from regular civilians. They put themselves out there to be judged, we don't. Also, seeing as the criticism is spread all over the place, they won't see the criticism in most cases (do you really think Beyonce logs in to GGD?), whereas a civilian will see criticism specifically levelled at them. And you're criticising me face to face, knowing I will see it. Those are the differences. It shouldn't have to be explained. If Beyonce doesn't want us to judge her parenting, she shouldn't be putting her child into the public eye so we can judge that parenting.

13 hours ago, lego said:

No, this is not known or proven, what are your sources for this statement? There’s no guarantee she wouldn’t do it again. 

Experts say that any punishment that shames or embarrasses a child is not an effective way to discipline youngsters, and may cause long-term psychological damage.

"The research is pretty clear that it's never appropriate to shame a child, or to make a child feel degraded or diminished," said Andy Grogan-Kaylor, an associate professor of social work at the University of Michigan. Such punishments can lead to "all kinds of problems in the future," Grogan-Kaylor said, including increased anxiety, depression and aggression.

Malicious punishments can also damage a parent's relationship with their child, and lead to a cycle of bad behavior, experts say.

Instead, parents should use other discipline strategies, such as setting clear rules for kids and taking away privileges. Overall, parents should aim to create a supporting environment for their child.

"Positive things have a much more powerful effect on shaping behavior than any punishment,"

Humiliating punishments can also disconnect parents from their children, making kids less likely to want to behave and do what their parents say, said Katharine Kersey, a professor of early childhood education at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Va., and author of the upcoming book "101 Principles for Positive Guidance with Young Children" (Allyn & Bacon, August 2012).

—

According to Claire O’ Mahony, an educational psychologist at the Sandton Psychology Centre, regularly disciplining your child in public can cause an impact in your child’s emotional development. “A parent who continuously shouts or scolds their child in front of others irrespective of the reasons may make their child feel constant embarrassment and humiliation, which can influence the child’s ability to interact on a social level in later years,” she explains. Claire does advise this is all dependent on how often the parent is applying public discipline, an incident every now and then is not as harmful as parents who constantly choose to scold and embarrass their kids in the presence of others. 

Some of the effects of persistent public scolding: 

The child feels embarrassed and humiliated which can lead to social awkwardness later on in their teenage or adult years. 

Children avoid going out with parents in public for fear of being embarrassed

Children grow up thinking it is okay to shout at someone else in front of others.

Child may grow up to resent their parents and not have fond memories of their childhood.

If you have no choice but to discipline your child at that specific moment then explain to them what they have done wrong so they can learn from their mistake. If no explanation is given then the child has no idea what has caused you to lash out at them and they tend to become unnecessarily tense in public not knowing what is going to upset their parent. 

There are so many different angles to take when it comes to parenting. To act like what one book says is law doesn't hold up. They say there's no such thing as perfect parenting. The way this advice is going, there's very little discipline left. When misbehaviour occurs, dealing with it at the time is crucial. If it's dealt with hours later, the child has moved on, calmed down and is distancing the behaviour from their minds. Telling them they're out of line immediately after the event is far better than hours later, when you've forgiven them them somewhat and don't really feel like dealing with it anymore. You've got to nip a situation in the bud to make it clear that it isn't acceptable. This doesn't just apply to children, but everyone. My dad says stuff all the time that bugs me and I let him know at the time because I'm the type that forgives family quickly and if I let it go, I'll have moved on hours later and there's no point quietly approaching and saying: "Dad, what you said earlier..." It no longer has relevance. Deal with it immediately and it sends the message loud and clear that a behaviour is unacceptable. Anger must be utilised at the time as opposed to getting over the outrage and manufacturing fake anger later. Why do you think I reply so quickly to you and don't wait until days later?

Archived