Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

ARTPOP album cover question

Original Diva

Featured Posts

Original Diva

Is it gaga or a sculpture??? some people have said its gaga others have said its a sculpture. What??

excuse me no

Reid LePage

It's an sculpture, they just took photos of her to work with

it's the same sculpture she used at the artrave release party

gagakoons_2730236b.jpg

It’s a three dimensional computer generated rendering of the sculpture, based off of the photos included within the album booklet.

3 points in and ready for more

PunkTheFunk
2 minutes ago, Hybrid Rose said:

It's an sculpture, they just took photos of her to work with

it's the same sculpture she used at the artrave release party

gagakoons_2730236b.jpg

It's her on the cover; the sculpture's facial expression is a lot different from the album

artpop-ladygaga.jpg

Haralampos

At least the metadata from the cover has the original photo taken in August and totally has a photoshop tag there too. Multiple times.

Haralampos

Yes you all right. She's posing and he takes pictures of her to make the sculpture. The thing is that we don't have the HQ photos from this shoot to compare the dates. I don't know why I never think of it. :P

Haralampos

A quick search on google: "The ARTPOP artwork shows a Koons sculpture of Gaga and not the artist herself, and it will be displayed at Gaga's album release party, according to her Twitter. She also posted today about the cover, "One second I'm a Koons, then suddenly the Koons is me," which references her lyrics in "Applause." The cover will be revealed tomorrow on digital billboards in 12 cities around the world." Source: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/lady-gaga-hatches-ARTPOP-cover-20131007

Helxig

Its a photo of the sculpture that has been digitally coloured. If you zoom right into the large scale image you can tell they've coloured it in an editing programme (obviously because it isn't plain white on the cover lol) and even made the eyelashes black, lips pink, for some reason made the eyes brown, and added extra detail to the hair, eyes and other areas.

https://dbr.ee/nVcM

(you'll have to download it to see)

They also would've spent a lot of time lighting it from the right angles before photographing it for the cover, and at the album party where it was on display it's just there under the stage lighting looking flat and dull. Plain white sculptures never look nice under soft, regular lighting and are always professionally lit before being photographed :)

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Battle 4 Ur Life
1 hour ago, Haroon said:

I think it's a combination of her and the sculpture that's been like digitally mixed together :huh:

this. I'll go with this.

the eyes and the mouth are too real. it's her.

plus the photoshoot for the cover is in the booklet

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Archived