💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Best Way to Release an Album?

shame

What is the best way to release an album?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best way to release an album?

• Surprise release à la Bey
    • With lots of hype à la Gaga
    • Other

Featured Posts

TEANUS

Well surprise releases really aren’t that effective now because now they’ve been done so often. It was so successful when Bey did it because no one had really done that before AND she dropped a full album with visuals for each song, also something that hadn’t been done before. It was a double whammy. Put that on top of the fact she had just done the Super Bowl earlier that year and the album was in such lieu of being released it was a bombshell.

I think in this day in age the best way to release an album is to put out a lead single with 1/2 day’s notice and while that hype/ shock is alive directly following the lead’s release, announce the album and its release date. That way you make double headlines and in turn more exposure

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

FfFfFfFF
19 minutes ago, RIPheygirl said:

Entitle the album Ceremonials, and it will leave everyone shook :firega:

Shook because of it being a rip-off? :selena: 

Ceremonials.png

Ferrer Zorola
4 hours ago, The Bling said:

But that's because she doesn't give a **** about promoting them :selena: if she cared Reputation would be 1989 era all over again

She's already slayed this era doing literally nothing but releasing 3 videos :wtfga: 

No. Never. The music doesn’t even come close. 

If she couldn’t have big hit with Future and Ed Sheeran nothing in the album will be one. 

_______

On topic: I’m no Bianca Knowles stan but not these delusionals saying Gaga’s ultra hyped approach has proved more effective than a surprise release 

:awkney: 

at this point it’s the next thing Gaga has to do in order to draw attention or make the jump to be seen as a legend like B but even that is risky because everyone would say it’s unauthentic.

LIFE IS GOOD

5 hours ago, YCHofficial said:

With capital letters on on her website and all social media:

''NEW ALBUM OUT ON --tomorrow's date--''

Honestly I would be here for this. After she drops a few scheduled singles and then drops this online. She would break the Internet. :firega:

Raccoon

Absolutely a surprise release.

But I think what Gaga did with Joanne is effective as well. She didn't overhyped this time, in fact she didn't hype the album AT ALL. Single in Sept and album in Oct, without overhyping/overexposing sh*t ala ARTPOP, that's all I asked for Gaga and she did that.

But the next thing Gaga should do is an album surprise release, preferably a visual album :firega:

"The scars on my mind are on replay"

jaXXXon
5 hours ago, The Bling said:

À la Taylor tbh :classy: her management is flawless let's be real

If they were flawless, she'd have hits this era :ladyhaha:

The Bling
Just now, jaXXXon said:

If they were flawless, she'd have hits this era :ladyhaha:

That's because her lazy a$$ doesn't want to promote them :selena:

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

moonboywow

Give us a release date, then release the single, music video and album all at once on the already given release date. 

2 hours ago, TEANUS said:

Well surprise releases really aren’t that effective now because now they’ve been done so often. It was so successful when Bey did it because no one had really done that before AND she dropped a full album with visuals for each song, also something that hadn’t been done before. It was a double whammy. Put that on top of the fact she had just done the Super Bowl earlier that year and the album was in such lieu of being released it was a bombshell.

I think in this day in age the best way to release an album is to put out a lead single with 1/2 day’s notice and while that hype/ shock is alive directly following the lead’s release, announce the album and its release date. That way you make double headlines and in turn more exposure

THIS. Scald me with the tea, sis. :tea:

At this point for someone with a dedicated fanbase, I think surprise releases would only leave the fans shook. The GP doesn't really follow Gaga like they do with Bey. If Gaga wants an album or single to blow up she'll need massive promo to reach the GP. 

angels forever, forever angels

monster4life231

It depends on how well the hype is delivered. 

spread peace - #MJInnocent

Archived