Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Best Way to Release an Album?

shame

What is the best way to release an album?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best way to release an album?

• Surprise release à la Bey
    • With lots of hype à la Gaga
    • Other

Featured Posts

In the history of popgirl culture, both methods have proven to help sell millions.

e.g.

giphy.gif

and

Cu4LL6HXEAEkr16.jpg

But what is the most logical and effective way to drop music in today's payola landscape? :oprah: Exblain sistrens.

angels forever, forever angels

Dark Anatomy

If you are at the TOP of your game. You don't need a lot of promo. Like Beyonce and Taylor. 

But if your floating in the middle of the pack, like Gaga and Katy....promo.is super important. And or course, the music. 

derpmonster
3 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

If you are at the TOP of your game. You don't need a lot of promo. Like Beyonce and Taylor. 

But if your floating in the middle of the pack, like Gaga and Katy....promo.is super important. And or course, the music. 

Beyonce was not at the top before the self titled album. Her only hits in the past couple years had been Single Ladies and Telephone. Single charts were tragic.

OT: I think there is no universal approach. It's a culmination of timing, fanbase, media's willingness to talk about you, etc. Especially when Beyonce did it, there was a huge "this is a totally crazy thing to do" factor which probably also really helped her.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

ryanripley
1 minute ago, The Bling said:

À la Taylor tbh :classy: her management is flawless let's be real

but her singles are flopping :poot:

she had amazing first week sales but she's not doing anything so i feel rlly bad for her fans

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

A lot of Promo or a lot of time between lead and Album doesn't work anymore. The Internet is a junk space where everyone throws their 'art' in and everyone got an opinion. 

The best way to release an Album is to keep it 4-8 Weeks after the lead with medium hype and maybe 1-3 televised performances. 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

The Bling
5 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

she had amazing first week sales but she's not doing anything so i feel rlly bad for her fans

But that's because she doesn't give a **** about promoting them :selena: if she cared Reputation would be 1989 era all over again

She's already slayed this era doing literally nothing but releasing 3 videos :wtfga: 

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

ryanripley
Just now, The Bling said:

But that's because she doesn't give a **** about promoting them :selena: if she cared Reputation would be 1989 era all over again

She's already slayed this era doing literally nothing but releasing 3 videos :wtfga: 

that really sucks for the fans though like, she got amazing album sales but all she did was make 3 MVs and that jingle bell ball thing and then she has a tour

a very uneventful era :blink: i'd lowkey be mad and feel like a wallet if i was a fan

YCHofficial

With capital letters on on her website and all social media:

''NEW ALBUM OUT ON --tomorrow's date--''

The Bling
1 minute ago, ryanripley said:

that really sucks for the fans though like, she got amazing album sales but all she did was make 3 MVs and that jingle bell ball thing and then she has a tour

a very uneventful era :blink: i'd lowkey be mad and feel like a wallet if i was a fan

Tea :madge: Like ,2 performances, and then she gives us those abusive tour ticket prices :selena::selena::selena:

The bling not the music

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

45 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

I feel like all her eras are uneventful :derpga: I can't recall a single memorable thing from her previous eras. Taylor has like no cultural impact compared to our budget queen. For her it all lies in the music and this time the music is subpar and now she's fading :duck:

angels forever, forever angels

Green Detox
1 hour ago, ryanripley said:

Because it's her choice. That's the thing

What they want, they get. Ugh. Their businessminded team is perfect

ryanripley
16 minutes ago, Green Detox said:

Because it's her choice. That's the thing

What they want, they get. Ugh. Their businessminded team is perfect

perfect for taylor, horrible for the fans

ryanripley
43 minutes ago, TheShameMonster said:

I feel like all her eras are uneventful :derpga: I can't recall a single memorable thing from her previous eras. Taylor has like no cultural impact compared to our budget queen. For her it all lies in the music and this time the music is subpar and now she's fading :duck:

i remember the BB mv being a huge deal but she really hasn't delivered with reputation

crazy how she still has a huge fanbase by doing nothing

Laceface

Not to delay it in general and strike while the irons hot :trollga: making the most of positive public opportunities 

Archived