💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

RuPaul/his alumni’s most popular song?

Ferrer Zorola

Featured Posts

Ferrer Zorola

Is it Super Model?

Pabllo Vittar, a Brazilian Drag Queen, has 3 videos with over 100M views each: Corpo Sensual, KO and Sua Cara but he’s unrelated to Drag Race.

Sissy That Walk is RuPaul’s most youtube-streamed song with 13M

LIFE IS GOOD

PunkTheFunk
9 minutes ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

Is it Super Model?

Yup, it made it to #45 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #2 on the Dance/Club chart, and was a top 10 dance hit in Canada and a top 40 hit in the UK. Plus it was nominated for a VMA for Best Dance Video alongside Janet's "That's the Way Love Goes". :poot:

Luxe Ford

Still Supermodel I'd say.

A friend of mine has a video tape where she talks to RuPaul way before she released music (looking quite skanky i must say), and she says she's going to be a famous pop star one day. The other drag queens just roll their eyes like 'yeah, right'. Very funny.

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

Helxig
41 minutes ago, Luxe Ford said:

Still Supermodel I'd say.

A friend of mine has a video tape where she talks to RuPaul way before she released music (looking quite skanky i must say), and she says she's going to be a famous pop star one day. The other drag queens just roll their eyes like 'yeah, right'. Very funny.

You should go get a digital copy of that tape and share it with the world! What a rare relic!

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Luxe Ford
1 hour ago, Helxig said:

You should go get a digital copy of that tape and share it with the world! What a rare relic!

I should! Don't see her very often but she's one of my favorite persons. She once said to my ex who was worried about me that he shouldn't worry and that I was gonna fly! I met her at a wedding and told here about it and that I haven't excaxtly been flying.

She just laid her hand on my arm and said: don't worry about it. I was a late flyer too...

Here's a fun early song:

Ferrer Zorola
1 hour ago, panosmonster said:

I would say Sissy that Walk. But i know Supermodel was a hit.

If there are +100 queens out there I wonder why none of them can put out a record that resonates with the GP... if Pabllo Vittar could not one but three times, without the show as a platform and in a homophobic country like Brazil... Alaska, Trixie, etc, should, too... 

LIFE IS GOOD

panosmonster
5 minutes ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

If there are +100 queens out there I wonder why none of them can put out a record that resonates with the GP... if Pabllo Vittar could, without the show as a platform and in a homophobic country like Brazil... Alaska, Trixie, etc, should, too... 

I agree with you. I would love Adore to be a true Superstar because in my opinion "Adore you" would have been a smash hit. Maybe someday..

Ferrer Zorola
1 hour ago, panosmonster said:

I agree with you. I would love Adore to be a true Superstar because in my opinion "Adore you" would have been a smash hit. Maybe someday..

Adore does release more GP friendly stuff but I blame the other queens’ success (or lack of it) to the fact that they keep too on character... they probably fear losing the fans they made at RPDR and can’t release serious, more personal or quality stuff and instead follow trends poorly and with comedy no one but RPDR fans would get and could be taken as unfunny 

Alaska is too on brand to ever let go of the voice she sings in when she could have uber auto tuned but better songs... 

Honestly... RuPaul himself is the only one releasing quality music. 

LIFE IS GOOD

Luxe Ford
1 hour ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

If there are +100 queens out there I wonder why none of them can put out a record that resonates with the GP... if Pabllo Vittar could, without the show as a platform and in a homophobic country like Brazil... Alaska, Trixie, etc, should, too... 

Not tranny-related but Fischerspooner released their album 'Sir' the other day and its a joyous, positive affirmation of gay lifestyles. Singer/artist Casey Spooner felt the time was right partly because of LGBTQ+ rights are suddenly being infringed and restricted and partly because the advent of better HIV medications and PrEPs, make it possible for gay men after years and years of living with fear and inhibition, to live out sexually again.

And I'm so glad its possible to produce a music video like their TopBrazil today.

Not suitable for work/school/parents/straights/under18 but wow!

Tranny-related edit: Spooner also did something tohether with Violet Chachki. Have to consult my BFF Googlitella about excactly what.

Ferrer Zorola
9 minutes ago, Luxe Ford said:

Not tranny-related but Fischerspooner released their album 'Sir' the other day and its a joyous, positive affirmation of gay lifestyles. Singer/artist Casey Spooner felt the time was right partly because of LGBTQ+ rights are suddenly being infringed and restricted and partly because the advent of better HIV medications and PrEPs, make it possible for gay men after years and years of living with fear and inhibition, to live out sexually again.

And I'm so glad its possible to produce a music video like their TopBrazil today.

Not suitable for work/school/parents/straights/under18 but wow!

Tranny-related edit: Spooner also did something tohether with Violet Chachki. Have to consult my BFF Googlitella about excactly what.

I did watch it! the song... it’s very far from being my cup of tea but like you said: it’s gorgeous that it was done period 

like 1/1000 times we get the chance to see gays depicted in an erotic manner bc we are always depicted as clowns if we ever get depicted 

LIFE IS GOOD

panosmonster
1 hour ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

Adore does release more GP friendly stuff but I blame the other queens’ success (or lack of it) to the fact that they keep too on character... they probably fear losing the fans they made at RPDR and can’t release serious, more personal or quality stuff and instead follow trends poorly and with comedy no one but RPDR fans would get and could be taken as unfunny 

Alaska is too on brand to ever let go of the voice she sings in when she could have uber auto tuned but better songs... 

Honestly... RuPaul himself is the only one releasing quality music. 

The T was a bop tho! haha.

Archived