💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Fergie On Her National Anthem Performance: 'I Honestly Tried My Best'

Coop

Featured Posts

The Child
8 hours ago, kyanewest said:

Countries and frontiers are an illusion (amongst other things like money)

Thank you, thank you, thank you a million times for this.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tomsches

I'm sorry but the fact that her performance is being received so negatively doesn't have anything to do with her "jazzy" rendition of it or because she wanted to take "an artistic risk". It was bad because she was pitchy the whole time, she didn't hit the notes, she struggled to control her voice all the way through, she couldn't do a good vibrato, her voice sounded as if she had just gotten up in the morning. In a nutshell, she didn't show any singing technique at all. I don't care about the fact that it was a jazzy version, it's her voice that needs more training. 

RochestrMonstr

I feel bad for her. The national anthem is a song that will always attract heavy criticism if not sung perfectly. Fergie is neither the first or the last performer to be criticized for her rendition. 

Not everyone can be Lady Gaga and nail it vocally, almost making it look effortless. 

RAMROD

oh by the way, this aunty got some humor sksksks

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Laceface

It wasn't amazing but not half as bad as people are making out tbh, this could push her over the edge in to a breakdown if she's already struggling 

lovespent

It was funny but there's no need to make such a big deal out of it imo.

People are always so pressed when it comes to national anthems. 

Same happened in my country, Poland. One of the most popular singers here sang our anthem in a rather umm... unconventional way during FIFA World Cup match in 2002 and people still laugh/talk about it to this day sometime. 

Like, people should chill a bit with their nationalism and patriotism :neyde:

ignotus

I love Fergie but gurl honey this is... bad.

Seeing Axl and Josh giving her flowers makes me wanna hug her too. 

Dominic

It wasn't the best vocally but that anthem has been butchered by a majority of singers. It's almost expected to see a bad performance of it now. 

I can only think of few that actually nailed it. LG being one of course. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

doppelganger

It’s such a hard song to sing, I don’t really get why some risk not lipsyncing at these kind of events. Even Whitney lipsynced! There’s no shame in doing that when a bad performance will offend people and brings a whole lot of awkwardness for everyone in the stadium. 

But what really didn’t work is that arrangement. WTF was that ... 

GypsyBabe
8 hours ago, SKANK said:

No one lived and died for The Star Spangled banner.

The song's fourth stanza, which no one seems to sing, celebrates the death of slaves. It's based on a poem written by a bigot. That isn't a song worth respecting. That isn't a symbol worth dying for. To quote Malcolm X, "in fact, 'land of the free' was written by a slave holder."

Unfortunately most everything in the United States was formed and written by bigots (as with many other countries btw :(), but the song is still representative of a nation with which has many positive attributes as well. 

I’m not really into arguing, but a national anthem should be shown respect. 

⚯͛

That J

This is so funny. I saw the comments after the performance. Now it's "not that bad."   Some seem to enjoy tripping another and then helping them up after cuz they feel bad.  Lol. 

It was a terrible performance. I appreciate she tried and I'm sorry it didn't work.  But it was dreadful. Maybe next time, Ferg.  

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

djBuffoon
8 hours ago, tomsches said:

I'm sorry but the fact that her performance is being received so negatively doesn't have anything to do with her "jazzy" rendition of it or because she wanted to take "an artistic risk". It was bad because she was pitchy the whole time, she didn't hit the notes, she struggled to control her voice all the way through, she couldn't do a good vibrato, her voice sounded as if she had just gotten up in the morning. In a nutshell, she didn't show any singing technique at all. I don't care about the fact that it was a jazzy version, it's her voice that needs more training. 

This. Above all else, the execution was atrocious and completely deserving of ridicule. If people are legit "offended", then they need to check themselves, it's not that serious. But if I ever sang that badly in public, I would pray for my career to make it through the week.

Bad Chanel

I actually stan her. She didn´t sing the anthem US needed. She sang the anthem US deserved
giphy.gif 

Buy GLORY on iTunes

19 minutes ago, Bad Chanel said:

I actually stan her. She didn´t sing the anthem US needed. She sang the anthem US deserved
giphy.gif 

Who are you speaking for? 

Archived