A Star Is Born
lgbt

Indonesia to ban gay sex

Featured Posts

Melech   Paws Up 7,341
Melech

"JAKARTA, Indonesia — Prodded by religious conservatives, Indonesia is moving toward outlawing gay sex — and even sex outside marriage — in a jarring change for a country long seen as a bastion of tolerance in the Islamic world.

The proposed sexual crackdown in the Southeast Asian archipelago of more than 260 million people — the world’s largest Muslim-majority nation and third-largest democracy — is drawing criticism at home and abroad from human rights organizations and LGBT activists. They warn that penal-code revisions now under consideration in parliament would discriminate against large numbers of people, promote extremist views and reverse democratic gains.

Ichsan Soelistio, a member of a special commission in the Indonesian House of Representatives working to update the country’s criminal code, said the body has reached consensus to include laws outlawing extramarital sex as well as gay sex, and is likely to do so soon but with some limitations."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/once-tolerant-indonesia-moves-to-outlaw-gay--and-extramarital--sex/2018/02/09/d82b7112-0b79-11e8-998c-96deb18cca19_story.html?utm_term=.fad2a5aa749e

• LMAO 1
  • Sad 11

thierryrreiht   Paws Up 9,951
thierryrreiht

"not anytime soon" in Jakarta I'm-

• Like 4
  • LMAO 31
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

chipz   Paws Up 154
chipz

ReligionPercent

Islam -87.2%

Protestantism - 7%

Roman Catholicism - 2.9%

Hinduism - 1.6%

Buddhism - 0.72%

Confucianism - 0.05%

Other - 0.5%

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1

JR Gg   Paws Up 6,668
JR Gg
3 minutes ago, MyQueen said:

Islam...the religion of peace...not

Well Islam is a religion of peace. It's just the people who misinterpret it can be :rip:

• Like 20
  • LMAO 9
  • YAAAS 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

pink sushi   Paws Up 2,555
pink sushi

As if they can enforce this law. :rip: Most people have sex in private. What are they gonna do? Break into people's homes at night to check that they aren't having gay sex? :laughga:

• Like 11
  • LMAO 40
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1
Marina Diamandis is a Greek GODDESS.

Melech   Paws Up 7,341
Melech
Just now, JR Gg said:

Well Islam is a religion of peace. It's just the people who misinterpret it can be :rip:

Oh please. Any abrahamic religion has rather not peaceful passages. Let's not act Islam is any different :rip:

• Like 33
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

MyQueen   Paws Up 773
MyQueen
Just now, JR Gg said:

Islam is not religion of peace! 

• Like 23
  • Love 1

Melech   Paws Up 7,341
Melech
1 minute ago, pink sushi said:

As if they can enforce this law. :rip: Most people have sex in private. What are they gonna do? Break into people's homes at night to check that they aren't having gay sex? :laughga:

It's not impossible. There are crackdowns in Chechnya or Egypt. This could be the future for Indonesian  LGBT, too. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

gabrielflorin01   Paws Up 2,628
gabrielflorin01
2 minutes ago, pink sushi said:

yes :cryga:

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1
baby, yoü and I

ryanripley   Paws Up 69,527
ryanripley

great, another place where i'm considered trash for something i didn't ask for :lana:

• Like 9
  • Love 9
  • Sad 5
https://goo.gl/wFxoYL

RadioIsOurs   Paws Up 10,429
RadioIsOurs
7 minutes ago, pink sushi said:

Yeah, gay sex is actually still 'illegal' in my country, but they only bring up that law if they want to sabotage an actual criminal.

• LMAO 1
20GAYTEEN better cum thru

JR Gg   Paws Up 6,668
JR Gg
8 minutes ago, Melech said:

Oh please. Any abrahamic religion has rather not peaceful passages. Let's not act Islam is any different :rip:

8 minutes ago, MyQueen said:

Islam is not religion of peace! 

Clearly you guys have not studied deeply into Islam and jumped straight to conclusions. I'm not even Islam but I do use my brains resourcefully thank you :triggered: 

Edited by JR Gg
  • Like 15
  • LMAO 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3