Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Fantano: "Argue: Gaga ruined her career"

dit

Featured Posts

Lord Temptation
16 minutes ago, Edonis said:

He was a fan of ARTPOP though :oprah:

I watched his review again and he totally trashes the album as having bad lyrics (he singled out Dope, Gypsy and Aura), as being lukewarm and being like an unfunny parody...

But then he also says he likes the album wtf :wtfga:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Korok said:

“I think she changed gears at an appropiate time.”

Yes and no. There’s a difference between “changing gears” and totally abandoning your former image/character/sound/belief/philosophy/etc. The transition from ARTPOP to Joanne felt brutally dishonest to everything she’s told us about herself. 

How is this 

hbz-lady-gaga-tour-gettyimages-828995520

not her “former” image/character/sound/belief/philosophy/etc. ?

the transition from ARTPOP to Joanne makes perfect sense. She has been writing stripped back songs ever since The Fame. Brown Eyes, Speechless, You&I, Dope, all of them exist. 

You people are way over dramatic when it’s not even needed.

Ferrer Zorola
35 minutes ago, Wigless said:

Luckily he defended her. Not a fan of him for non Gaga related reasons but this would have been too much 

can you spill the tea? he intrigues me... I wanna be able to upload videos of my opinion but I lack the balls and I want to know more about him but I’m also not a fan to look up what you’re saying or watch his videos 

LIFE IS GOOD

Although I will never forgive his opinions on "Born This Way", he could still stick it 6 inches deep.

3 points in and ready for more

KyliesChild
30 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

I watched his review again and he totally trashes the album as having bad lyrics (he singled out Dope, Gypsy and Aura), as being lukewarm and being like an unfunny parody...

Liking an album doesn't mean you can't give constructive criticism about it 

Edonis
50 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

All he said was that he doesn't listen to Gaga for her lyrics and that he doesn't believe that's her strongest asset. Take that as you will, but he still got the message for the most part and enjoyed it as well.

17 minutes ago, Triggered said:

How is this 

hbz-lady-gaga-tour-gettyimages-828995520

not her “former” image/character/sound/belief/philosophy/etc. ?

the transition from ARTPOP to Joanne makes perfect sense. She has been writing stripped back songs ever since The Fame. Brown Eyes, Speechless, You&I, Dope, all of them exist. 

You people are way over dramatic when it’s not even needed.

You kind of shot yourself in the foot with this one. That look was specifically made to capture the essence of her previous eras (hence the discostick). In other words, she’s depicting an old character of herself. 

Gaga made it very clear to us early on in her career that she stemmed from theatre. There was a lot of emphasis on performing on and off stage. Her life, especially during BTW, was a spectacle. I was really convinced at the time that the person she was on stage was the same off stage. The Joanne era was the first era to go against this grain. That’s what I mean by character/belief/philosophy. There was a total disconnection between what was happening in the public to what she was doing in the private. It only felt like Gaga when she attended events, other than that she was just someone else. On top of all of this she adopted a sound that, no, doesn’t sound like her older ballads either. So yeah, sorry, but I don’t agree with your points. In the end, she doesn’t owe me anything so I don’t really care. 

4 minutes ago, Korok said:

You kind of shot yourself in the foot with this one. That look was specifically made to capture the essence of her previous eras (hence the discostick). In other words, she’s depicting an old character of herself. 

Gaga made it very clear to us early on in her career that she stemmed from theatre. There was a lot of emphasis on performing on and off stage. Her life, especially during BTW, was a spectacle. I was really convinced at the time that the person she was on stage was the same off stage. The Joanne era was the first era to go against this grain. That’s what I mean by character/belief/philosophy. There was a total disconnection between what was happening in the public to what she was doing in the private. It only felt like Gaga when she attended events, other than that she was just someone else. On top of all of this she adopted a sound that, no, doesn’t sound like her older ballads either. So yeah, sorry, but I don’t agree with your points. In the end, she doesn’t owe me anything so I don’t really care. 

Jjang, is that you? :chica:

FreePalestine

Thomas P

Chill y’all he complimented her (kind of), and nothing he said was a lie. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

PartySick
1 hour ago, Lord Temptation said:

So many were jumping on the “She’s Over” bandwagon from 2011-2015.

I don't think anyone can say she's over when she has a nearly $300,000,000 net worth :reductive: she's one of the most successful artists of all times with dozens of broken records, hundreds of awards, and a sh*t ton of societal and cultural impact to her name. ANYONE that even tries to say she isn't at least successful can honestly take several thousand seats :laughga:

🖤

Thomas P
1 hour ago, Korok said:

Yes and no. There’s a difference between “changing gears” and totally abandoning your former image/character/sound/belief/philosophy/etc. The transition from ARTPOP to Joanne felt brutally dishonest to everything she’s told us about herself. 

I actually think that ARTPOP feels like her least honest. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

ryanripley
3 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

I actually think that ARTPOP feels like her least honest. 

same lol she was high nearly all the time

i feel like she put on brave face purely for the sake of the fans

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

PartySick
14 minutes ago, Korok said:

It only felt like Gaga when she attended events, other than that she was just someone else.

I don't really agree with this :huh: Gaga's image and sound have changed through the years but I haven't noticed an actual change in her at all. Not from when I was a casual fan during BTW, when I turned full obsessed Monster for ARTPOP, and certainly not from C2C and Joanne. She's always been honest, she's just expressed the honesty in different ways.

Like, Joanne as a song can be likened to other songs such as Black Jesus 'cause she sees herself in Joanne and asks "where do you think you're going?" to both her aunt (who's going to Heaven) and to her young self (who's pursuing her dreams). And as a performance piece, Joanne can be likened to a song like Swine 'cause she always spoke about never meeting her real father 'cause the pain of Joanne's death changed him. It's a song about pain, a song about growing up, a song about finding your way, and a song about her aunt. If that isn't Gaga, I don't know what is.

Those kind of parallels exist for pretty much anything she does, the only things that have changed are the genres and the outfits and really they're superficial changes at best if you ask me :laughga:

At the end of the day, she's just a very bright musician and a lovely, sweet woman. It doesn't matter what costume (or lack there of) that she wears and it doesn't matter what sound comes out. That'll always be reflected in her music and performances for me :diane:

🖤

freebit
1 hour ago, Korok said:

I'd understand this statement if Joanne wasn't an actual pop album with tracks like DiC and John Wayne on it. Even Hey Girl is a synthy, boppy, chill affair. I feel like you're acting like she went full acoustic on us. It's not as if she gave us an album full of Sinners Prayer's. I mean, I can get not liking the album, but at the end of the day it wasn't a full-on metamorphosis. 

ProdigyARTPOP
1 hour ago, Korok said:

TO You

Archived