đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Disco Will Be The Next HUGE Genre

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

ApplauseftAdele

Lets take a look at pop music the past 10 or so years.

In 2008-2012, club dance music became the rage. It started with Just Dance and I Gotta Feelin', and as the years went on it became a craze : we got Tik Tok, Party Rock Anthem, On The Floor, etc. 

Then around 2012-2014, EDM became more popular. We see  Rihanna's We Found Love, Zedd's Clarity and Avicii's Wake Me Up leading the music scene. 

In 2016 Tropical and Reggaeton songs gain traction with DJ Snake, Drake and Bieber all setting trends.

Trap music reached its peak in 2017 with Kendrick, Cardi B, Migos, and hip hop overall ruling the charts.

The common trend I noticed is that, when a new BIG genre is about to emerge, we see songs of that genre gaining some popularity. For example, In 2015, we begin to see the rise of Trap music. Trap Queen and Dark Horse took off, and Whip/Naenae became popular, but it wasnt until 2017 that Trap music went FULL FORCE. Similar to 2008 when Just Dance started the dance/club music trend that wasnt full force until 2011, or David Guetta's Titanium in 2011 that predicted EDM's massiveness in 2013. The past years it is obvious that trap music is reigning supreme, but one genre that I notice is beginning to emerge is disco. The Weeknd's Can't Feel My Face, and his recent Starboy album/Daft Punk collabs kinda began the wave of Disco. We also see Bruno Mars dabbling in the genre, and Calvin Harris creating Nu-Wave Disco tracks that were fairly well received. Trap music's reign is soon over, as people will eventually move on to the next genre, and I genuinely feel like Gaga will be one of the frontrunners of a new Disco pop music wave.

Thoughts?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
asfittingasmcqueen

I hope so, I've been waiting for disco to make it's comeback all of my life :madge:

PLEASE DISCO. If one genre needs a revival it's disco. :giveup:

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

Ferrer Zorola

girl... hoemosexuals have been saying this way before they’ve been swearing Britney will do the next Super Bowl Half Time Show 

...I can only hope, tho!

LIFE IS GOOD

Grigio Guy
14 minutes ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

girl... hoemosexuals have been saying this way before they’ve been swearing Britney will do the next Super Bowl Half Time Show 

...I can only hope, tho!

Britney? Super Bowl? What kind of Lip Sync For Your Life mess are the gays talking about?

Religion is a product to sell.

Archived